TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I need your help please????

spangle

Hey there

Ok so we are now in the process of sorting out the finer points of our trip, we are leaving Southampton UK and cruising over on the independence of the seas for 13 days before arriving in florida.

We will then drive to a house we have rented and stay for a week doing Disney etc.

I have been looking on the internet trying to find a mini van which will fit 8 passengers and their luggage and i cant, do you have any idea

1, what we could hire

2, where i can hire it from

Also where can i get a good deal on a disney tickets as well as all the other parks?

We are still undecided as to whether to do the crossing by cruise ship or just to fly out and stay in the disney resort with a 2 week unlimited pass. we will see what is cheaper/better (anyone done a transatlantic crossing in December before?? If so what is it like?

Also someone mentioned that it is cheaper to get an indirect flight back to the UK rather than going direct, is this true?

Thank you so much for any help you can give me

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

On Alamo.com you can rent different type of vans, upto 15 persons, as from e.g. Orlando airport.

I'm sure others like Hertz will offer the same types.

Regarding the passes, I would opt for a Universal flexticket with access to IoA, USO, Seaworld, W'n'W and BGA. I guess Aquatica access is also included since it opened.

For Disney you have a lot of different Hopper passes available.

Your best bet is to rent a van, which can be found on any of the rent-a-car sites.

You can also look into renting one of the larger SUV's, that seat 8-9 people. A lot of the rental car companies are offering pretty good deals on them, because of the high gas prices.

Thanks for your replies, very very helpful, will look into the hopper tickets.

I have managed to find a 12 seat mini bus think (ford galaxy i think) we went for extra seats as the others just dont have the luggage space, we will have 8 cases so need a lot of space!

How long does it take to get from Fort Laudadale (sp?) to Disney, we have a villa we are thinking of renting in Davenport. not sure if we can get anything closer. any ideas?

Thanks

Is Discovery cove worth doing? If so any tips??

We have a lot to fit in in 7 days but with 13 days on the ship we can only manage another 7 days after that.

We are thinking:

Dicovery cove

Bush gardens

Disney (how many days do you think we will need for disney?)

Anywhere else that is essential?

• 2 weeks later...

Disney can be done in two days. But you'll have to plan ahead, get almost no sleep, and only get the rides you really want.

If you want to do it relaxed, enjoy other stuff than just the parks, 4 days'll get you on every ride, with ease. But it's more expensive.

Thanks

Is Discovery cove worth doing? If so any tips??

We have a lot to fit in in 7 days but with 13 days on the ship we can only manage another 7 days after that.

We are thinking:

Dicovery cove

Bush gardens

Disney (how many days do you think we will need for disney?)

Anywhere else that is essential?

My family loved Discovery Cove. It's worth looking into.

I would do Busch, it's a one day park and only an hour away. I always plan on four days minimum for WDW. One day for each park. That way you're not rushed.

^ Non-expiring passes my friend.