TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your longest hiatus from riding a coaster?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Longest for me since I started riding coasters at age six or so was November 2007-August 2008, about ten months. I had open-heart surgery in April, so I cautiously made my return to coaster riding late this summer (with my cardiologist's and surgeon's blessings, of course).

First coaster back from hiatus was S:ROS at SFNE. It was incredible.

--Jarrad

Longest for me since I started riding coasters at age six or so was November 2007-August 2008, about ten months. I had open-heart surgery in April, so I cautiously made my return to coaster riding late this summer (with my cardiologist's and surgeon's blessings, of course).

First coaster back from hiatus was S:ROS at SFNE. It was incredible.

--Jarrad

Wow. Glad everything went well, and welcome back! Even with the doctors' blessings, how nervous/concerned were you during that first ride back?

For me it's 5 years.

My first coaster was when I was 3 years old. Since then I LOVED rollercoasters and wanted to ride the big ones at my home parks desperately. But they had an age limit of 8, and the one I rode when Iw as 3 got removed.

Only after I grew up and was finally old enough to ride I found out that the signs says that kids below the age of eight can ride with an adult. D'oh!

With school and not having much money I can have some pretty long breaks. I endured a nearly 2 year gap between coasters recently. Worst yet the final coaster I went on before the two years was a Boomerang. As of right now it's been about 6 months since my last coaster.

^Well, at least that hiatus from coaster riding was well worth it, as I must say that KidTurns looks absolutely adorable! At some point I'd love to meet the whole Alvey crew!

For me, the longest break I've had from coaster riding is about 1 year, for an offseason. Typically, I don't necessarily head right to a park when they open up in early May.

Before last month, it was almost 6 years for me from my visit to Holiday World in 2002 and last month to Six Flag Great America. Now that I live 15 minutes from Great America, my interest in coasters in no longer limited to books and the internet.

Welcome, neighbor to the north! I'm in Mundelein!

• 3 months later...

During the season my longest time without riding a coaster was in 2007 & it was 4 weeks! From the last day of the season until opening day of the next season 6 months 2005-2006! I'm stuck in the off-season until March & HATE it For the 2009 season I am going to try & hit a park every week. I have 5 parks within a 2 hour radius & Clementon Park which I can literally ride my bike to so this shouldn't be a problem & 3 season passes