TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ballparks! Your favorite/least favorite?

Hey there.

I've always been a huge baseball fan, and of course with that comes baseball stadiums. I've been to a bunch and seen some great pictures on here of some parks so post some pics and what u like/dislike about the different ballparks.

Oriole Park at Camden Yards:

I'm pretty biased about this park because its home to my Orioles and Im there a lot each year. As far as atmosphere goes though.. its hard to beat.. and you can't beat $10 crabcakes! I wont say too much about this park.. I'm more interested to see what others say.

Annoying this is when coming from the north you have to drive through downtown Baltimore which can be a pain in the ass.

PNC Park (Pirates):

Beautiful! It's also one of the smallest ballparks so there is really not a bad seat in the house. Liz and I sat at the extreme top and it was great. They also have really cool things going on on the scoreboard all the time. Probably my number one ballpark!

The only bad thing was when all the Oriole fans left early and left us decked out in O's stuff after a really disappointing loss

Kauffman Stadium (Royals):

I wasnt expecting much when we stopped there for the O's game in May on the way back from Colorado. But I was WOWed. It has an old "1970's ballpark feel" which is NOT a bad thing at all! Beautiful park. It reminded me of going to Memorial Stadium in Baltimore growing up. I like when parks are in complexes away from the major cities too so its easy on/off of the highway.

Only really annoying thing is when you piss you have to go in a long trough with everyone else.. LOL.

Coors Field (Rockies)

Well, this probably ranks last in my list of modern parks (excluding Three Rivers and other ashtray parks). The entire stadium just seemed really uninspired. I mean.. from the racing Harley's to the Dump Truck switching game?! to just the overall feel. I dunno.. we went to 3 games in 4 nights there. Howeverrrr..

The people who work there are AWESOME! Maybe it is because we were there during the school year but everyone who worked there was so FRIENDLY and just blew me away! We got cheap tickets and they asked us if we wanted to sit in the medium level.. and then the nice usher lady would hang out and talk to everyone there. So best service park.. but most uninspired park. The Rocky Mts in the background are nice tho.

Minute Maid (Astros):

Wowww.. a really cool park. I like parks where you can see the field from the walkways around the park. Definately one of the nicer parks I've been to. We were only there for one game and it was a few years ago (and after an Astro World visit.. so everything seemed REALLY good after that) but I dont remember much bad about this park!

Eric

Coorspano.thumb.jpg.33f047f6a0cef36a7ea65ed1a4731f57.jpg

Coors Field.. I guess nothing really seemed "unique" about it.

Coorsun.jpg.ef4f18b4f99c84959ed34d759b94b1cf.jpg

Coors Field.. always felt kinda "Blah"

Pano.thumb.jpg.71734dcc91ff168eee21b437cdccd44c.jpg

From Left Field at Oriole Park

OrioleBird.jpg.31a89bdaebe603ca90f1ee82f56a2961.jpg

The Oriole Bird and the Warehouse

EutawStreet.jpg.baba9a560eb1e5ec94ca65918fccc711.jpg

Eutaw Street at Oriole Park

PittPNC.jpg.6c80307e782e4da38b76a1265ffb142f.jpg

PNC Park.. definately the coolest view from a park I've been to.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any pictures, but SBC Park ranks among the best in views as well. I've never seen PNC Park, but that looks amazing. Too bad the Pirates suck, huh?

Network Ass-ociates for the A's is a crap stadium too, but at least there's an Irish pub in there!

Dodger Stadium is crap, too rundown for my tastes, but it has a nice location.

Only been to three major league parks, and only 2 of them were actually having games. Tropicana Field where the Devil Ray play and then Pro Player-whatever-they're-calling-it-now-in-Miami where the Marlins play.

The other park is on it's last legs... It going to be demolished at the end of this year and I never even got to see a game, but I took the stadium tour. That's Busch Stadium in St. Louis. I'm sure the new Busch Stadium they're building will become my favorite.

Bye bye Busch Stadium II... (The last of the cookie cutters.)

I've only been to two major league parks---Dodger Stadium and Anaheim Stadium...er Edison Field...um...Angels Stadium.

I would like to go to the new parks in San Francisco and San Diego sometime.

Eric

I've only been to Petco Park (21 times in the last two season), Angel Stadium (6 times in five seasons), Tropicana Field (once), and Camden Yards(once). The best out of those is Camden Yards. The worst by far is Tropicana Field.

news_petcopark.jpg.52bc7c1ff3865fcacb8505eeba567553.jpg

Most visited

082200.jpg.1fcf66827a28d26f26cbad68d2597468.jpg

Ugly look from outside

tropic01.jpg.1c7f8d14560972f028c43bc68cba75be.jpg

Worst park

Oriole_Park_At_Camden_Yards.jpg.747275e67c59309604ddeba729ccecbf.jpg

Best park

Tropicana Field was much better when it was the "ThunderDome". Then the Tampa Bay Lightning got a new stadium and Tropicana Field was born...it sucks.

Wow, I saw Alanis Morissette at the ThunderDome...now I feel old!

Elissa "traffic around there sucks too!" Alvey

Bad ball parks ->

Toronto Blue Jays' "Rogers Centre" used to be SkyDome - it was cute in the beginning but no atmosphere.

Worse ball parks ->

Toronto Blue Jays' "Exibition Stadium" - old CFL park turned into a ball park - freezing cold in April and October.

Best ball park I've seen ->

Boston's Fenway

Ball parks I miss - Tiger Stadium and Cleveland's Municipal stadium (can you get the mustard they used on the 'dogs there?)

Tropicana Field was much better when it was the "ThunderDome". Then the Tampa Bay Lightning got a new stadium and Tropicana Field was born...it sucks.

Wow, I saw Alanis Morissette at the ThunderDome...now I feel old!

Elissa "traffic around there sucks too!" Alvey

Not only noting that, but its located in a ghetto too. And yes, Thunderdome sounded WAY cooler then "Tropicana Field".

Anyways, I have only visited two baseball stadiums, the craptacular Trop and the beautiful PNC Park (and if this counts, the defunct Three Rivers Stadium).

PNC Park had great views and was a nicely maintained park and Three Rivers Stadium seemed kind of ghetto and didn't really give that good of a view as PNC since it was a hybrid stadium when it used to be shared by the Steelers.

On a sidenote, I wonder why would the Lightning would have wanted to move from a place called "The Thunderdome" to "The Ice Palace" (now St. Pete Times Forum), it made the Lightning sound more Ice Capades than mediocre yet lucky hockey team?

Well most of my family vacations are centered around baseball games, so I have seen a few of the new(er) stadiums.

I have been to:

Shea Stadium (home park)

Yankee Stadium

Veterans Stadium

Fenway Park

3) Camden Yards

1) Safeco Field

Petco Park

2) SBC Park

Turner Field

We plan on going to Pittsburgh and Cleveland for the first time this year.

I must say that The Bell in San Francisco (SBC Park if you must call it that) is my favourite stadium. Great views from every seat, small crowd, good atmosphere, and who can beat a giant coke bottle and glove in left center? lol.

But I may be a bit biased on that.

I have to say that Petco Park is quite interesting, with it's foul pole. And for a park to acomplish something in, Coors Field. The Giants network shows it every time they go to Colorado. In batting practice, Barry Bonds hit a ball above the purple line, which is a mile above sea level. And no one else has ever done that (or that's what they say).

Yeah.. SBC/Pac Bell is DEFINATELY a good looking ballpark. I really hope to get out there one of these days when I'm in Cali again.

How is Petco?! It looks like a good place to see a game. I like how they have the building out in left. I think it should be in play though...

I liked Petco Park, but it was a little "blah". The building in left is the only real piece of flare that the stadium has. I had a good time on the wiffle ball field out beyond the scoreboard though, getting into an argument with a stupid little 10 year old who thought he was good (I take my baseball very seriously )

Petco is pretty bland like Nitro X 230 said above. It's not a bad park, but it's not a good park either. Nothing really catches your eye except for the "Park in the Park" and the Western Metal Supply building. The field is way too big, so you seldom see home runs.

Some of the sight lines can be bad (left field line at field level for example) but otherwise you can see the whole field. The concessions aren't fascinating. All san diegans make such a big deal that you can get sushi there but in my opinion it's overrated. I usually get Randy Jones BBQ.

Petco Park is worth a visit if you are vacationing down to San Diego, but if you have limited time, you don't have to go.

I'm going to RFK Stadium in Washington D.C on August 5th and 6th and I'm also going to Camden Yards again on August 9th. I can't wait to see RFK.

I wouldn't get toooo excited about RFK.. more of a typical ashtray stadium I hear.. but at least the Nat's are having a good year! Them and the O's.. would be an awesome World Series!

Anyways, I found this site www.ballparksofbaseball.com that has some awesome info and stuff about some of the new ballparks coming in the next 5 years. The new Nat'ls stadium looks sweet.

Eric

I haven't been to too many Ballparks, but I have been to quite a few Double AA parks. I live very close to the Dr. Pepper/7up Ballpark which got alot of attention when it was built. Here's a link to its page...

http://www.baseballpilgrimages.com/AA/frisco.html

As for the MLB, I have seen some ballparks, but I never went in. I hope to go to Houston this week for an Astro game. SBC Park is my favorite, next to safeco field.

If we're going to start talking about minor league parks, Municipal Stadium, home of the San Jose Giants, is a great old stadium. Dates back to the early 1900s even.

And if we're going to start talking about ballpark food, can't beat Garlic Fries at The Bell!

There is only one Ball Park - The House that Ruth Built - Yankee Stadium.

That said, my favorite ball park - Richmond County Bank Ball Park at St. George - home of the Staten Island Yankees. It sits on NY harbor, facing Manhattan. It was designed so that there is a perfect line - home plate -- pitcher's mound -- second base -- Statue of Liberty. New York Harbor. You can see all of Lower Manhattan.

And while the game is going on, tankers, cargo and cruise ships go by.

http://www.digitalballparks.com/SIYanks.html

$3.00 beers doesn't hurt either

Here is my list in order:

1. Camden Yards

2. Citizens Bank Park

3. Commerce Bank Park (AA Harrisburg Senators)

4. Lackawanna County Stadium (AAA Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Red Barons)

5. Veterans Stadium

Again, biased because I am an Orioles fan. Citzens Bank was nice (especially with box seats), but there really wasn't anything new/original about it, and it has no warehouse sitting beyond the right field wall .