TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Jakizle's East Coast Trip PTR

Jakizle

Call me crazy if you want, but I enjoyed Nitro way more than S:ROS...yes, the one in New England! I really didn't think I'd enjoy Nitro that much because I always thought of it as being "Magnum XL-200...B&M style" which means there aren't any of the jerks and oddities that makes Maggie special to me, so I though Nitro would be a less interesting version of the same thing basically. Boy was I wrong!!! They are two completely different beasts, and I'll leave it at that. Magnum's still my fav at CP (believe it or not!!) but Nitro just blew me away. As for S:ROS, it was great too, and that 4th hill lived up to all the hype, but I didn't really care for all the curvy bits in the middle of the layout for some reason. It seemed like they sort of interrupt all the air time goodness that was going on before them, but luckily it continues with the 3 bunnies at the end.

S:ROS does get the award for Scariest Brake Run though...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Jake, great pics and TR! It's tough keeping them up so thank you.

SFGA was definitely a bittersweet day. El Toro ERT is the things some dreams are made of. OH, and first to ride KK when the park opened? I wish we made it to the other side of the park for Nitro but we did Scream Machine instead of Superman and then the skies opened up..not cool. That was great of R&E to schedule the return trip and Qbots!

^^It is a great ride. There were so many on the trip that it's difficult to figure out rankings among so many great rides...

^Excuses, excuses....now get back to work and entertain us!!! Thanks for providing a TR at all. I think I might explode my computer if I were to even try! I'll look forward to even Jankyland!

And Dark Knight....they had some good theming aspects going on, but then they just seemed to give up on it. If they would just theme the crap out of it and bill it as a dark ride, it would be cool...otherwise fairly disappointing.

And finally the rain....I was disappointed that we didn't get all of the credits in, but it was also kind of fun to relax with new friends...have a beer...scare some tourists. All in all a very good time was still had! I also appreciate the efforts Robb and Elissa went to for the return visit. I decided to stay with the main group as it was so close to the end of the trip rather than taking the bus back...but I was glad to know the option was there. Now I just have to go back someday and force myself to give El Toro another ride. How we suffer for our obsessions!