TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Anyone need No Limits help?

I've noticed that quite a few people have started out with the No Limits Program. No Limits is a complicated program and it will probably get on your nerves fast. Anyway, if you need help but don't want to sign up to a seperate site such as Coastersims.com then I'll be more than happy to help you. You can get a hold of me through this thread or sixflagfreak@yahoo.com or Votelessrat on AIM. I can help people who are having trouble with the following prgrams, NL Editor,The Purg, Elementery, and the AHG.

Michael"I promiss I don't bite!'Thomas

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I don't find No Limits difficult at all. (never been on RCTC).

I'm used to doing CAD, so maybe thats why I don't find it challenging.

I wish Tia would port her smoothing tools over to the MAC (platform I use this game on) but alas, she has neither the time nor resources.

Good news though that RCT3 is coming out for the mac. Curious what everyone is raving about.

'love'in NL.

Well, Tia has also been very sick latley. Hospital sick. So, yeah. She hasen't been in the NL world very much. I know what you mean about wanting the programs on the mac. I have both a PC and a mac. On NL I get about 2 FPS in the Sim. On my mac its always above 50. So, I build the elements on the PC then email them to myself and pick them up on the mac.

Michael" So, its all good!"Thomas

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
What is the Purg in No Limits that people talk about?

Also, does anyone have any Elementary files they would like to share with me. I'm looking for some cool new elements for a new project.

The purg is a program for rotating elements in different ways. Such as if you made an 90* turn you could rotate it so that it stands up and goes from 0* to 90* (Like superman the escape) I would give you the files but I no longer have them on my PC You can get them here though...

nldc.interfix.net

_six

Hi, i have a little problem on no limits which is when i place scenery e.g a tree it works totally fine. But when i put in different scenery I only get the tools where i can make it bigger move it about and it only shows itself off the map and i can't do anything about it, only delete it. I hope the image shows you what i mean.

Thanks

1484721449_nolimitshelp.JPG.a4ba8dabfaa28a705503a8971fac1e73.JPG

The purg is a program for rotating elements in different ways. Such as if you made an 90* turn you could rotate it so that it stands up and goes from 0* to 90* (Like superman the escape)

"The purg is a program for rotating elements..." :shock:

Are you serious???

Are you serious this is the only thing you can accomplish with that program? You'd better take another look before saying something as narrow minded like that. You might want to start here: http://www.coastersims.com/norestraint.asp?action=viewarticle&articleid=95&page=1 8)

And BTW, Mr.Six: You started this thread with the following claim:

I can help people who are having trouble with the following prgrams, NL Editor,The Purg, Elementery, and the AHG.

IMHO, you obviously cannot...

redunzelizer

The purg is a program for rotating elements in different ways. Such as if you made an 90* turn you could rotate it so that it stands up and goes from 0* to 90* (Like superman the escape)

"The purg is a program for rotating elements..." :shock:

Are you serious???

Are you serious this is the only thing you can accomplish with that program? You'd better take another look before saying something as narrow minded like that. You might want to start here: http://www.coastersims.com/norestraint.asp?action=viewarticle&articleid=95&page=1 8)

And BTW, Mr.Six: You started this thread with the following claim:

I can help people who are having trouble with the following prgrams, NL Editor,The Purg, Elementery, and the AHG.

IMHO, you obviously cannot...

redunzelizer

Okay Red. No need to get an attitude about it. I never said that was all it could be used for. He asked what the Purg is. I gave him my answer what I usually do with it. Its also the simplest thing to do with the PURG IMO, so may as well start him off with something easier and not yet go into the formulas for elements quite yet. I know I'm by no means an expert but I do know basic skills and I have lots of friends who are experts in the subject who I ask to help answer these questions (They aren't TPR members). If you feel as if you can do help here please do. But lose the attitude.

_six

Woah, Red, woah... no need to go biting Six's head off. All I saw there was a small misunderstanding. You obviously interpreted "The purg is a program for rotating elements..." for meaning that it is the only use it has. Though the Purg DOES allow one to rotate elements, that is most certainly not the only thing it has the capability to do. And that's perfectly fine. If you were able to bring it to our attention in a calm and civil manner, that would have been fine. Unfortunatley, you failed miserably at that.

Six already admitted that he is not the most knowledgeable person in regards to these programs and invited other members to offer their advice and expertise. While he may not be the most knowledgable, he is obviously the most willing. Seeing as you were only able to provide a link to the conversation, you really don't have much room to talk here. All I really see in your post is a blunt, completely unfounded attack on a well-respected member of the community.

If you want to be like that, feel free to take over the discussion. Six is by no means obligated to take time out of his life to HELP other members of the community. If this is the kind of response such positive behavior warrants, I would completely understand if he was to withdraw himself from the topic. Try consulting your brain and the nearest copy of "The Idiot's Guide to Kindergarten-level Human Relations" before ranting on in such a demeanor once more. Thanks,

Myriad

Red, calm down.

Rotating the track element is the only function of Purg that many of us use, most people have no idea how to work the other components of it.

I don't see why you got so ticked off, but whatever.

Also, to sbrownttd, have you tried raising the 3ds object up? Sometimes they will be placed underground (with terraforming or without, I've seen it either way) and you need to lift them up a bit.

Now folks, let me explain a bit:

We know that rotating NL-elements can be done *both* with the Purgatorium and Tia's excellent Construction Kit as well. With the initial wording of "The purg is a program for rotating elements in different ways" you may easily read it in a way so that the Purg is there *only* for that purpose. Therefor - and that's exactly what I had read from it - the Purg had been rendered quite useless/obsolete in that post. Especially with regarding any newcomer seeking helpful information.

We all know that the Purg is hard to use because of its obfuscated user-interface, it's slow, and even buggy in places. Anyone critizising this (including myself) will have a good point. Nevertheless, from 3 years of existence and some people making real good use of many of it's advanced features (which up to date nowhere else can be found) I cannot and will not accept any statement that degrades the Purg's usability like that.

Mr. Six, I do understand that it was never you intention to do so, but I wished your later explanation: "what I usually do with it." would have been there right from the beginning. Saying "I gave him my answer what I usually do with it" is for sure what you meant to say, but you definitely did not first hand (see above).

So my first responce might have been way too harsh - sorry for *my* wording then - but yet I hope very much you now see why I had to correct your statement.

The same obnoxious "attitude" you all are critisizing is just that very attitude that makes me provide all the things I do provide to the NL community in the way I do and for free. With all these, my efforts put into that stuff until now (and still putting), I herby ask you to understand that I will not want to accept all too erroneous information about my works, as already stated.

And yes, I'm picky to the most extent.

So in case you don't want me to carry that attidude and pickiness, then don't expect me to contribute either. This is for a purpose. Otherwise I would not be able to create any such precise tools or formulas in the peculiar way I do. And BTW: I'm not living on this planet to be "Mister politically correct Nice Guy". Not at all, instead I want to provide the best I can. So I'll keep it.

yours sincerely,

Stephan

P.S. A preview of the next "Purgatorium maintainance update" introducing some minor bugfixes as well as enhanced element analysis. No docs, exe only:

http://www.krautsdorfer-digital.de/cs-dumps/rdnzlprp0774_exe.zip