TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

^ LOL at 17 foot and Ravine used in the same sentence.

-James Dillaman

Seventeen feet is not that tiny. Either way, there is no denying that Prowler is a true blue terrain coaster. You need only ride the train and maybe Fury of the Nile to see how thoroughly not flat that area is.

^ LOL at 17 foot and Ravine used in the same sentence.

-James Dillaman

Seventeen feet is not that tiny. Either way, there is no denying that Prowler is a true blue terrain coaster. You need only ride the train and maybe Fury of the Nile to see how thoroughly not flat that area is.

I just meant that around here, "ravines" are usually over 30-40 feet, anything less than that is normally referred to as a "gully". 17 feet just seems more like a gully to me... I guess in the plains 17 feet is more impressive than in the hills of the Ohio River Valley...

I'm fairly sure according to the dictionary the progression is: ditch-gully-ravine-valley-canyon

-James Dillaman

Supposedly deer are often spotted near Dragon Mountain at Marineland. But then, who would be afraid of an Arrow?

In June I saw a few deers below the helix on Nitro during some night time rides. If an arrow doesn't scare them, a B&M definitely should

I saw one maybe ten feet from Boss the other day. If a B&M doesn't scare them, a massive woodie should.

Unfortunately, the line moved and I didn't get to see the deer's reaction to a train.

But I really don't think it's going to be a problem. I would be surprised if it ever became an issue.

2-With that back area should somebody not be concerned with deer? I know of three occasions I saw deer out by the train tracks.

I would imagine that deer would be scared away by a loud roller coaster.

Nah...there are usually some by the Beast. Especially at the bottom of the second lift.

^^ I thought this looked more like a mini Beast. Voyage is all about airtime, whereas this looks to be more about a ground-hugging out of control sensation. Hopefully the pacing on this thing is as good as it looks, because this is really the first GCI that I have been excited about since Kentucky Rumbler.

It looks like there trying to pull of a mini-Voyage here. It doesn't really look all that thrilling, and when I saw the overview layout I was like :meh:. Not much to see here.

Kalepi "I'm not pre-judging it just guessing what it might be like" Konei

Obviously, you've never ridden a GCI.

^ I actually enjoyed Gwazi,

if that's the worst GCI,

I really need to get on another one.

I totally agree, I loved Gwazi! Every G.C.I. that I have rode (3) have been awesome! I can't wait! I have been so let down with WOF over the past year due to the lack of anything new this year. But, this really makes up for it!

I really like the look of Prowler. I've really enjoyed the couple GCI's I have been on, and this design seems plenty innovative (for them at least) with many low to the ground segments. I'll be curious to hear reports next year from riders on what kind of airtime this delivers. I think Worlds of Fun may have a winner on their hands with this one. I'd like to swing by the park at some point, especially after this installation.