TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Come on Worlds of Fun. You're falling even farther behind in the long run! I also figured we would get a Windseeker, but since there has been no announcement yet, I guess not. Wow, that's three years in a row without getting something. Damn the park is doing horrible.

As someone who used to think "My park didn't get something this year, CF is either selling them or closing it!", they are doing just fine for the moment. I'd rather see general improvements made then maybe something in a year or two.

Now Oceans, while not feeling any pressure from the always unfinished Schiltterbahn(I'm out near there nearly every weekend for Sporting KC games, it has looked the same for too long), they still need a major refurb. Feels like Napoleon might pop out at you at any moment, just how 80s that joint feels and looks these days.

People taking offense over the correct term of 'little people' on TPR, this is hilarious haha.

Half Pint brawlers were back at KI this year; I think anything wrestling is stupid, and acting instead of a sport. But they seem to draw in some crowds, I think? WOF looks like they put on a nice Haunt this year.

I saw that Half Pint Brawlers a few days back while at Halloween Haunt... ridiculous. It is kind of entertaining to watch midgets fight, but it is strange.

And by the way, when I went Saturday night the parking lot was so full they started filling up the field. By the time I left the park the field was full. It was a sight to see. I've never seen the park so busy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*sorry for the double post*

I'm getting in a pissy mood about the park. Seriously Cedar Fair, you can't do something with it? Even a nice new restaurant would be nice, anything to get more people in. The major attention-getter in the park now seems to be Halloween Haunt and (kind of) Prowler.

I would also like Rocky Mountain Coasters to come in and remake/remodel Timber Wolf. That probably won't happen since Rocky Mountain Coasters seems to be partnered with Six Flags and not Cedar Fair.

I hope the park doesn't disappoint in the next couple years.

^ Seriously, are you blind or something? Did you not see all of the money they poured into the park this year? Well over 10 million. Like I've said previously in this thread, not every improvement has to be coaster. They added a much needed revamped Planet Snoopy which did very well increasing revenues in the market they were targeting, a permanent picnic pavilion which will help them grow their group business into the future, and a new signature refurbished carousel at the front door.

While it's easy to back seat manage a park, you have to really understand what all it takes to keep it running. Infrastructure must be updated constantly, restrooms need remodeling, pathways need to be resurfaced, buildings need painting, etc. Without a good foundation you can't put in the new high thrill rides you are complaining that you want to see. For 2012, they are shoring up their foundation for something that I think you will greatly enjoy for 2013.

Go back over the last 8 years, they have done a lot for the park, the next major tween attraction will come soon enough.

Again, remember, it's not all about the coasters, its about a well rounded experience, something parks like SFMM and SFGAdv lack.

I would also like Rocky Mountain Coasters to come in and remake/remodel Timber Wolf. That probably won't happen since Rocky Mountain Coasters seems to be partnered with Six Flags and not Cedar Fair.

Rocky Mountain is partnered with anyone that has cash.

^QFT

^ The only problem with Timber Wolf, and I agree it needs some help, is that its boring. Could a RM overhaul do it some good, sure, but only if they redesign most of it.

I rode it the week it opened and thought OMFG, today I say the same thing, but only for different reasons....

I'm getting in a pissy mood about the park. Seriously Cedar Fair, you can't do something with it?

Seriously, Cedar Fair will, in all likelihood, be spending millions of dollars at WOF next season. The Department of Justice has revised ADA regulations applicable to height of counters, width of pathways, and most notably, grade of sloped pathways.

Instead of buying a new ride, the park is rumored to be spending the bulk of its cap ex budget on reprofiling its several hills. Money doesn't grow on trees.

Be glad Cedar Fair is willing to spend the money to bring the park into compliance rather than just close it and redistribute the rides. Your "pissy mood" is unwarranted.

What do you mean "partnered"? I highly doubt Rocky Mountain Coasters has signed any sort of exclusivity deal with Six Flags. Cedar Fair could just as easily utilize them to re-profile their own rides. It makes sense that Six Flags would continue to utilize them to update other wooden coasters with the success of Texas Giant, but that no way implies exclusivity.

Also, I'd like to note that park upgrades and continued maintenance as well as beautification are good for continued long term success. A park is not all about the rides. If a park looks run down, people will remember that and that perception will remain in their heads, although it is nice to get something fresh. Im sure WoF will get something nice eventually.

I honestly think that keeping the layout the way it is, with a new steel track would be amazing. I could see the two turns under the lift being turned into really low 90 degree (or plus) turns, and a few more small airtime pops thrown in. I'm sure the coaster will shred through the layout with it being steel versus a wooden coaster with really bad banking and PTC trains. I am just dreaming though.

And regarding the complainers about the park going down hill. Prowler is about three years old, and we just got a much needed and beautiful Planet Snoopy upgrade, the refurbished Grand Carrousel, and the new Festhaus. If you are expecting the park to pull a huge coaster out of their ass right now, especially with all the ADA crap next year, you should consider revising your thoughts on the matter.

I'm sorry for sounding harsh, but I am sick of these people who only think about a new coaster. It's obvious we all want a new coaster, but park maintenance and upkeep is a more important long term thing for them to invest their money in right now. As for Timber Wolf, I was only dreaming.

I'm getting in a pissy mood about the park. Seriously Cedar Fair, you can't do something with it?

Seriously, Cedar Fair will, in all likelihood, be spending millions of dollars at WOF next season. The Department of Justice has revised ADA regulations applicable to height of counters, width of pathways, and most notably, grade of sloped pathways.

Instead of buying a new ride, the park is rumored to be spending the bulk of its cap ex budget on reprofiling its several hills. Money doesn't grow on trees.

Be glad Cedar Fair is willing to spend the money to bring the park into compliance rather than just close it and redistribute the rides. Your "pissy mood" is unwarranted.

This.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting in a pissy mood about the park. Seriously Cedar Fair, you can't do something with it? Even a nice new restaurant would be nice, anything to get more people in. The major attention-getter in the park now seems to be Halloween Haunt and (kind of) Prowler.

I hope the park doesn't disappoint in the next couple years.

Timber Wolf will not get a Rocky Mtn. remodeling, WoF would be lucky just to have topper track to go on Timber Wolf.

^They would be even luckier if it got the Cedar Point treatment (fire)

I wish too. I love Timber Wolf, and it was one of my first coasters, but it's time for it to go. It seems like a pain to upkeep and it's just getting old. Maybe we could see a B&M Hyper? I don't know, but the coaster is located on a big spot of land.