TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Paul, I think you were leaving just as I was coming in. Just as I was entering the park around 5:45 PM, two people were walking out wearing TPR hoodies, and I didn't want to look like a creep by calling out the TPR hoodie. EDIT: Then again, I'm not sure who it was that I saw leaving the park. The picture of Mr. and Mrs. ASLinterpreter looked awfully similar to who I saw on the way in.

Prowler is not better than Renegade. I must also offer the disclaimer that I was NOT able to ride in either the front or back. The line marshall put me in row 7 all three times, even after asking for the back. Plus it may be raining by the time the park closes. Right now, my top 3 go Rene, Viper (Chicago) in a downpour, and this. What order they go on will require some deliberation and more rides.

If you're out there today, feel free to flag me down and tell me you're from TPR. I'm 6'4", black hair, and wearing a slightly frayed Golden Gopher Athletics sweatshirt, cargo shorts, and a Twins cap.

Paul "And I still hate Iowa!" Miller

Paul, I think you were leaving just as I was coming in. Just as I was entering the park around 5:45 PM, two people were walking out wearing TPR hoodies, and I didn't want to look like a creep by calling out the TPR hoodie. EDIT: Then again, I'm not sure who it was that I saw leaving the park. The picture of Mr. and Mrs. ASLinterpreter looked awfully similar to who I saw on the way in.

That would be ASLinterpreter and his wife that you saw exiting the park. I ran into them just before they were heading out.

I love this ride. The constant speed can't be mentioned enough. And even though it's only a day old I consider it to be one of the top GCI. Thunderhead and OzCat are right there with it but night rides in the summer are going to push it well ahead of those two IMO.

Here are a couple more shots.

Taking a break from the park for a while.

WOW! I am completely blown away. Prowler is incredible. It simply does not let up at all. Totally disorienting. So excited for the trees to grow in for ERT CoasterCon. It's about 45 seconds from the drop to the brakes, and it does not slow down at all. Relentless and butter smooth.

I'm weird, but I put it at number two wood behind Beast and number four overall behind MF, Maverick, and Beast (and above Voyage, which is why I'm weird).

Someone asked about assigned seating. Yeah, it's loosely assigned, but they will let you sit where you want. I was lucky enough to get the back three out of my four first rides (the fourth time, I was in the front).

This thing is flying now. Wait until August.

Anyway, I have a bunch of pictures and some video that I know you will devour.

I'm loving the trains. The black seats and restraints make it stand out from the other trains.

I sure do hope to ride this coasters in the future, hoping it has aged in right direction by then.

I got a couple of night rides in this evening. 80% of the ride is in total darkness.

Pure awesomeness in every seat. My wife made a squeak noise during the ending sequence every time.

After Friday night's season pass preview, I was "meh" about Prowler. Sure it was fun, but it was not my #1 by any reach of the imagination. previously, my wood list went Rene, Viper (SF Chicago) in a downpour, (large gap), Avalanche, then Hades. I was ready to swap the large gap for Prowler, but couldn't move it much higher.

Friends, Romans, and countrymen, lend me your ear. I thought of Prowler much like what both timberskara and I did of SpongeBob. At first Prowler was kind of meh, but it kept getting better and better with each ride. By the time nightfall came to Kansas City, it was running out of it's mind. IMHO, what gives a night ride on Prowler the nod over a night ride on Rene is the placement of the on-ride camera. Why? Because as you go past the camera, you're momentarily blinded by the flash. Then, BAM! You're jerked hard to the left, and by the time you get your wits back about you you're going into the helix under the lift hill.

A night ride in Row 2 of Mamba wasn't too shabby either.

In other news, Timber Wolf is a piece of (junk). I can't believe I waited 45 minutes for that crap.

Headed back to Minnesota now. Unfortunately, my camera conked out, which means no photos to add to this thread.

Paul

IMO, everything it does during the day is amplified tenfold at night. I rode four times, all in the last or second-to-last row at night. It is freaking intense. The drop and second hill are great, but then the photo blinds you and it is pitch black for the rest of the ride. I am very, very impressed.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a 2 day trip to the park, and I have to say I love this ride. Over the course of the two days, I got 32 rides in (20 this morning without every leaving my seat) and I thought the first drop was awesome, the airtime was sweet and the speed was crazy. Overall, I really loved this ride, though I do look forward to riding renegade later this summer. Worlds of Fun got a winner though in Prowler!

Relentless and butter smooth.

That's what she said!

One thing I'm wondering from the regulars to WoF - has Prowler gotten better since it's opened? I know some people have said Terminator has been steadily getting better since opening, as it breaks in. I'm wondering if Prowler has been doing the same. From the reviews it gave close to opening, I can't imagine how crazy it must be if it has broken in over the last month and a half or so.

It has gotten better. It feels a little looser (not in a rough kind of way).

I hadn't been on in it a couple of weeks when my wife and I rode this past Sunday and when we hit the brakes we both had our mouths open is disbelief.

• 2 months later...

This isn't a full on trip report. I was working on a video project for the park and took the DSLR along for fun.

Here's a little late season Prowler love.

2nd hill

3rd hill/s-turn entrance

Beginning of super awesome fun time/double down

Double up through the lift

Double down again