TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

I can't recall a roller coaster having the first drop built before the lift hill.

Theres two woodies at kennywood, you should check out there pre-lifts.

I honestly can't wait until the ride is finished, I still like the name. In fact its on of my top 10 favorite ride names.

-Matthew.K

Re-read that, he's talking about the fact that the first drop was constructed before the lift hill.

• 2 weeks later...

My first impressions of this ride was that it was going to be a spin-off of Renegade, but these pictures really prove this ride may have the most unique layout of a GCI yet!

It really seems as if they are starting to expand off of some of the Gravity Groups designs, Because these pictures, to me, really resembled parts of the Voyage and Ravine Flyer II. I don't know if anyone else feels this way.

^^

Yeah, I've been on quite a few GCI and GG creations and they are very different. Looking at the pix of this it reminds me more of a Thunderhead type GCI ride then any GG Woodie.

If anything don't you think it's the other way around and GG is expanding off of the basic GCI principles? Since the majority of the CCI Coasters all died or went to hell and the GCI ones all kept up really nice. I think GG is trying to do something in the middle of those.

It really seems as if they are starting to expand off of some of the Gravity Groups designs, Because these pictures, to me, really resembled parts of the Voyage and Ravine Flyer II. I don't know if anyone else feels this way.

We really don't think so...

Yeah, but its not like the original GCI designs on coasters like Roar and Wildcat, the new coasters are much more unique and in my opinion(no offense to your old work) better. They now have some awesome airtime, speed, and amazing layouts.

Our inspirations come from less obvious places.

For example, the plan view of Troy looks like Jay Leno's face. Prowler was a failed attempt to spell "Jeff" in cursive with roller coaster track. And wait till you see what Magic Mountain's plan view resembles...

WOF_Jeff.JPG.f32a616832c57ca8f68b23f26ce386d2.JPG

Prowler

Toverland_Leno.JPG.98ea280078bfeba7e373142fa483f584.JPG

Troy