TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

^Hmm, this doesn't remind me at all of Boardwalk Bullet. This thing seems way too spread out, too out-and-back, and less stacked on top of itself. To each his own though--I'm certainly not calling your opinion wrong, I just don't see it. This reminds me more of "mini-Beast" or Boulder Dash.

Looks like I need to make some friends in KC, or come up with some other fail-proof reason to get out there. Particularly at night.

^Hmm, this doesn't remind me at all of Boardwalk Bullet. This thing seems way too spread out, too out-and-back, and less stacked on top of itself. To each his own though--I'm certainly not calling your opinion wrong, I just don't see it.

Remember that I said without the compact tight turns. I was referring to the small bunny hills, which Boardwalk Bullet has plenty of, and the fact that they both have the same top speed (51mph) and similar height.[/b]

• 2 weeks later...

^ With all the dreadful financial SF news of late, I was recently trying to think of what major new attractions were rumored for any SF park in 2009. All I could think of was new trains for SFNE's Superman. Should we expect more, realistically? I, for one, am not holding my breath. But I'm hopeful...

• 2 weeks later...
I left MO in September hoping to never have to go back there, but seeing this getting built is really testing me! lol... plus I never did get to go to SFSTL and SDC.

SFStL is a GREAT park, you really need to go there if you've never been.

• 2 weeks later...

The weather was pretty nice yesterday so we headed up to WoF to see how the drop/lift are progressing. They are 3 bents away from the apex and those will likely be installed in the next couple of days. All of the track bed layers are in place back in the turnaround and workers have started making their way back to the lift area on the out run.

http://coastercommunity.com/gallery2/v/Construction/prowler/

Holy hell, did they really get all that done in the last week?!? I knew GCI was good about getting their rides in quick, but I don't think I've seen a woodie go up that quickly. Or maybe I'm just an idiot.

But based on how fast they got the tallest part of the ride built, I wouldn't be surprised to see the rest built, or close to built, within the next few months (given how low to the ground the rest of the track travels).