TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

This coaster reminds me alot of the part on Lightning Racer where the trains keep turning and jumping over one another. If this coaster gives me the same feeling I get when Lightning Racer does it, then this coaster will be awesome!

^^ I also love GCI coasters and I hope Cedar Fair continues this trend as well. I would love to see one at Dorney, they need a good woody. A GCI would fit perfectly at Dorney but I wouldn't object to an Intamin

I was at the live announcement at 11 this morning.

I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR THIS RIDE.

I'm not usually one for pre-opening judgements. But. Based on pretty much all of GCI's recent work (read: Renegade and EK), this thing would be completely, completely insane. Without being in the middle of a dense forest. Don't you even tell me this isn't going to be a kickass ride. I see no way this could not be a winner.

Looks like a véry nice coaster. And for the first time ever, Great Coasters is building 3 coasters in one season !

And slightly off-topic...but why does every major coaster announcement now comes with a Badnitrus rendering ?

How I miss the old days where we would get nothing but a lay-out and some artwork and we could speculate over the ride's elements until opening day. Every other day, new construction photos would reveal new details.

Intresting.

Looks more out and back than normal for GCI.

I'll have to see if I can make it to KC next year.

Definitely a departure from their normal twister layouts(ie Roar east/Wildcat) & perhaps we'll be seeing more of these rides which offer the best of both worlds when it comes to twister/OAB combinations.

This looks like it's going to amazing, as all GCI's are!

It definitely reminds me of a mixture of Lightning Racer and Voyage, which is a good thing if you ask me. I love both of those coasters.

Lightning Racer was my #1 woodie for quite a while.

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm also excited that Cedar Fair seems to be building a relationship with GCI. Hopefully we'll be seeing a GCI at Cedar Point in the near future.

Looks like a véry nice coaster. And for the first time ever, Great Coasters is building 3 coasters in one season !

And slightly off-topic...but why does every major coaster announcement now comes with a Badnitrus rendering ?

How I miss the old days where we would get nothing but a lay-out and some artwork and we could speculate over the ride's elements until opening day. Every other day, new construction photos would reveal new details.

Well you want a coaster to speculate on its Manta at Seaworld Orlando! All we know is its a B&M flyer!

This looks like a great ride, I am assuming it uses much of the same area the old Zambezi Zinger did.

It's interesting, Cedar Fair seems to be doing a lot of work with both GCI and B&M these days, which I think is good business; I have for a long time thought that working with GCI for wooden coasters and B&M for steel is a good decision, as both companies, while they don't push the limits with record breakers, etc, consistently provide safe, reliable, crowd pleasing coasters.

Here's hoping that the rumored GCI woodie for SFMM offers some terrain elements-I would love to see them do a terrain woodie at SFMM.

Wait... what.... a new ride was announced and everyone's opinions are POSITIVE?!

Personally I think its too short, the trackwork was rough (see all that jerking in the video!?), and it looks just boring!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there to ride it sometime next year for sure. I LOVED EK and OzCat was good too, this one looks very un-GCI like but also very fun. Can't wait!