TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2023 at 7:30 PM, WOF_Fan said:

Zinger appears to have opened today for a soft opening.

going for my first time Saturday the 17th. Hopefully I can snag a ride. Those transitions look great

1 hour ago, prozach626 said:

Id be mad if I won a raffle for first public train and hundreds of people got to ride on a soft open before me

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, grsupercity said:

Id be mad if I won a raffle for first public train and hundreds of people got to ride on a soft open before me

I'd be mad if I entered a raffle for first public train.  What could possibly matter less in the world?  Unless you're part of the construction crew or park executive management who typically take the first ever train with people, you're not in the first group of people to ride a ride.

It's not relevant to how important it is. It matters if they paid money under the pretense that they would have the opportunity to ride before the general public. I can see a reasonable person not being happy about that.

• Like 5

I still think it was total BS that the park waited until the day before passholder preview to announce the delay.  If the ride needed 3 more weeks to be ready, I'm sure that management was aware of that fact WELL ahead of time and could have given everyone a reasonable amount of notice to modify their plans.

And add on top of that the whole raffle winners vs soft-open nonsense.  Really a huge L for their PR team.

1 hour ago, CedarFlags said:

I'm sure that management was aware of that fact WELL ahead of time

It's possible, but you never know if there was a last minute "oh shit" moment that caused the delay.

Those new Infinity Flyer trains looks very nice. The T-bar looks quite open and free, and no leg restraints or seat belts either. I'm a little surprised they are a Class V restraint that can do inversions.

My friend and I will be visiting the park for the first time at the end of July. Can't wait!

Great day at Worlds of Fun yesterday. The park is looking fantastic! Zambezi Zinger is a great addition! Mamba is running better than ever, nearly trimless, so the back half is a ton of airtime. Timber Wolf is re-rideable again. 

Mamba and Prowler crews were great.

Excited for 50 Nights of Fire!

22 hours ago, prozach626 said:

I miss the days where there would have already been 10 picture posts and a lot of comments about the ride the day after it opened. We're a dying breed.

I feel like people in the hobbie are more on discord and facebook then forums 

28 minutes ago, grsupercity said:

I feel like people in the hobbie are more on discord and facebook then forums 

Which is a damned shame, because the real-time chat format of Discord does not lend itself to cataloging trip reports, and Facebook is just about the 2nd most wretched hive of scum and villainy on the internet right now.  The bulk of the commenters on even TPR's posts are complete morons and people just tagging their friends because they're too dense to realize that there is a "share" button.

• Like 2

The content here is moderated and you actually have to read to get information. There's no clickbait of spoon fed, often false, that caters to the modern day low attention span. 

Getting rid of social media on my phone and turning real paper pages of novels has helped my attention span. It's also amazing how much time I have saved, leading to productivity.

I also realized two things about sharing snaps of vacation, possessions, etc. First, most people don't care. Secondly, it can often be an unintentional, or intentional, form of boasting.

"Look at me, I'm at a beach house."

"Look at me, I got a new car."

"Look at me, I'm riding all of these cool roller coasters."

I do often miss SnapChat, but I know I'm better off without it. Luckily, I refused to ever get Tiktok, because of it's addictive qualities. 

• Like 4