TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

33 minutes ago, KBrylczyk said:

I'm all for WoF getting a new coaster, I just hope they go a little more original this time.  Mamba is 90% a clone of Steel Force and Patriot is 90% a clone of Talon.  Great rides, no question about that, but unless it's a wooden coaster they tend to do the "Hey, let me copy your homework.  I'll change it up a little so the teacher doesn't know" method.

WOF reminds me more of SFSTL then Dorney lol 

Invert = Invert

GCI = GCI

Spinner = spinner

windseeker < sky screamer

Boomerang = boomerang 

ect ect 

• 2 weeks later...

What do you all think about this news that Sea World Parks is interested in buying the CF chain? (I'm not saying its likely at all, just curious about your thoughts as one of the smaller parks in the chain.)

7 hours ago, Vonni said:

What do you all think about this news that Sea World Parks is interested in buying the CF chain? (I'm not saying its likely at all, just curious about your thoughts as one of the smaller parks in the chain.)

It's being discussed in the thread dedicated to this topic.  Check there, lots of opinions.

On 1/19/2022 at 11:40 AM, KBrylczyk said:

I'm all for WoF getting a new coaster, I just hope they go a little more original this time.  Mamba is 90% a clone of Steel Force and Patriot is 90% a clone of Talon.  Great rides, no question about that, but unless it's a wooden coaster they tend to do the "Hey, let me copy your homework.  I'll change it up a little so the teacher doesn't know" method.

At this point, I'd be begging for anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm looking to go to WOF on a weekday in June. We're from Chicago and have never been. Two quick questions:

Is it possible to do both WOF and OOF in one day? Would you need Fastlane for this?

We're looking at parking in the OOF lot, doing OOF in the morning and then WOF in the afternoon/evening. Will I still be able to walk through OOF to get back to my car, even if the rides at OOF have stopped operating?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Seeing that you're going on a weekday in the summer, you will not need Fast Lane to ride the coasters. However, If you're wanting to do every single major attraction at Oceans of Fun in the short time you will be in that park, then you will need Fast Lane. The only reason to buy Fast Lane during a summer weekday is for Oceans of Fun. You will be able to get all of Worlds of Fun's major coasters done in just a couple hours. Doing all of Oceans of Fun attractions with typical crowd levels would take a good amount of time. It just depends on where your priorities are. If you only plan on doing a few things at OOF, forget about Fastlane. If you want to experience most of what OOF offers and still have plenty of time at WOF, then you will need Fast Lane.

It's also worth mentioning that if Oceans of Fun is still doing reservations, then the slide wait times will be rather short. I didn't go last season, so I wouldn't personally know. But I've seen many people mention that the crowds were actually manageable for once. Though, the website makes no mention of reservations, so it looks like it will be back to the usual crowd levels. It's probably best to judge whether you will need Fast Lane once you get there. There's no need to buy ahead of time since they never seem to sell out of Fast Lane each day.

I feel like the "you can do everything in a few hours" advice is referring to pre-Covid crowd levels. I've done 30 parks in the last two years and I haven't experienced a single day at any of them where I'd describe crowd levels as anything less than "packed."

When I visited WOF on a Tuesday in mid July 2020, every single line was spilling out into the midway.

Demand has never been higher for amusement parks in my lifetime. I still wouldn't pre-purchase Fast Lane (who knows, you *could* get lucky...), but I'd certainly budget for it.

• Like 1

^ Is it appropriate to compare this upcoming summer to July 2020?  That was when most parks had just reopened, social distance markers were being used in queues, trains were only loading half the available rows, and rides were being sanitized every half hour.  There will still be some crowds in June/July but overall operations should be more efficient.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2022 at 3:55 PM, DBru said:

When I visited WOF on a Tuesday in mid July 2020, every single line was spilling out into the midway.

image.thumb.png.c1fb663c46b12d5cc3f6e99787c3b976.png

You mean you went right before they started closing for a huge chunk of the summer season and there were lines?! I went in 2021, things were back to usual. Worlds of Fun is still just WOF, crowds won't be there pandemic or not. 

• Haha 1

On 4/10/2022 at 10:09 PM, Vonni said:

In my experience the lines are not necessarily typically long, but they are incredibly slow moving. Especially for Patriot and Mamba

Mamba had excellent dispatching of trains late last season. I went several times during Haunt and they were great. Patriot and Timber Wolf were both painfully slow.

• 1 month later...

Hey all, thanks for the advice earlier. My trip is coming up in a couple weeks and I had another question.

How would you rank the coasters at WOF? Which is the best, which is the worst? Are there any that are really painful/in bad shape? (I'm 42 and have occasional minor back issues) Which ones do you always skip?

Also if there's any really unique flat ride I should definitely do let me know. They look all pretty standard to me

5 hours ago, slickpoetry said:

Hey all, thanks for the advice earlier. My trip is coming up in a couple weeks and I had another question.

How would you rank the coasters at WOF? Which is the best, which is the worst? Are there any that are really painful/in bad shape? (I'm 42 and have occasional minor back issues) Which ones do you always skip?

Also if there's any really unique flat ride I should definitely do let me know. They look all pretty standard to me

Patriot, Mamba, Timber Wolf, Prowler, Spinning Dragons, Boomerang. In that order. Timber Wolf has a history of being rough but it has been greatly improved since they removed the helix. Prowler will beat the sh!t out of you and will definitely make you wish you hadn't ridden (unpopular opinion, ride at your own risk, you have been warned!).

WoF has the best secret weapon flat with Tom's Twister. Make it your priority to ride it no matter what! I would rank it higher than Prowler myself (unpopular opinion there, but people do like Tom's Twister). I would recommend not looking anything up about it and just letting yourself be wowed. 

16 hours ago, CP_RULES said:

Patriot, Mamba, Timber Wolf, Prowler, Spinning Dragons, Boomerang. In that order. Timber Wolf has a history of being rough but it has been greatly improved since they removed the helix. Prowler will beat the sh!t out of you and will definitely make you wish you hadn't ridden (unpopular opinion, ride at your own risk, you have been warned!).

WoF has the best secret weapon flat with Tom's Twister. Make it your priority to ride it no matter what! I would rank it higher than Prowler myself (unpopular opinion there, but people do like Tom's Twister). I would recommend not looking anything up about it and just letting yourself be wowed. 

Thank you!!

On 6/3/2022 at 7:22 PM, tinaalsgirl said:

Wait. What is Tom's Twister?

...do you mean Cyclone Sams? Because if so, I totally agree.

Well clearly Tom's Twister is the old flat at SFStL that I completely confused with Cyclone Sam's! Both tornado themed, totally different rides at different parks. 😊

@slickpoetry I meant Cyclone Sam's!!!!!

• Like 1

I would do Spinning Dragons first, personally, because it has bad capacity and usually a super long line. Patriot and TW are then the next two you'll encounter as you continue through the park. I mean, every coaster there has crap capacity because the staff is sloooooow but Mamba and Prowler theoretically have good capacity so those can wait. 

Cyclone Sam's is the GOAT flat ride.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CP_RULES said:

The fact that my Google search for this yielded more confusion begs to differ.

It's an indoor Round-Up with lighting effects, music, and a ton of fog.  Basically the same gimmicks every indoor flat ride uses but Dark Raver does it very right.

IMO it's better than Cyclone Sam's because I can't stand Wipeouts, let alone one with sensory deprivation.  Trabants I have no problem with but Wipeouts are my kryptonite.