TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

^It is literally the third day they have been open since being closed forever, on a holiday weekend even. I am not impressed, I would have expected it to be crazy today. How are the operations? Are they running rides at full capacity?

• 2 weeks later...

I didn’t see this posted, but WoF quietly shaved one hour from their park closings on weekends. 

Today, it appears the calendar was updated again with the amusement park closed two days a week and only OOF open. 

Bummer as I was going next week. 

These fights are happening everywhere. It isn't isolated to Worlds of Fun. This is actually a much smaller scale event than what happened recently at Kings Island. It's even smaller than the turkey leg snatch-and-grab brawl at Six Flags Saint Louis.

By absolutely no means am I advocating for violence, but I want people to be less apprehensive about going to parks when I say there are always two sides to the story during juvenile incidents, like this. Juvenile fights are the worst to investigate. I can assure you there's always some form of provocation or prior physical incident that took place. The few exceptions are the "he took my boyfriend/girlfriend" beat downs, which are still rarely done without provocation.

Hopefully this will give some parents peace of mind, before thinking their kids are going to get randomly jumped at theme parks. That was my purpose. That, and in modern times, just teach your kids to stay away from verbal conflict. Unfortunately, this is what it leads to, anymore. God help them if they pick a fight on Facebook.

A few years ago I thought Six Flags parks were shitholes, and Cedar Fair was a much better company. Now, I think Six Flags parks are shitholes, and Cedar Fair needs to get their shit together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Another One Mtv Emas GIF by 2020 MTV EMA

DDC63F89-7159-4B8C-8731-A8FB06676E70.jpeg

Note that Six Flags St Louis and Silver Dollar City will still be open daily all summer because they’re a theme park company and of course they will.

I’m not saying that they’re not facing labor shortages, but man this is starting to feel budget-cuty now that they’ve raised wages so much.

• 1 month later...

I had heard that WinterFest would not be returning to Worlds of Fun in 2021, but now it looks like it also will not be back in 2022. A bit sad to see it go. We enjoyed our time there the last time they had it.

Link to the article where Cedar Fair discusses their 2022 plans and lists the parks scheduled to have WinterFest.

• 5 weeks later...

Went to WoF today for a private event hosted by Garmin (my husband works there) and brought some friends who had never been. Not a lot to say, other than Timber Wolf is running INCREDIBLY SMOOTH. I was very impressed, best ride I have had on it in a while. There are way too many trims on it now though. Rode Prowler twice just to confirm I still don't like it. It is a lot of fast paced intensity, but that intensity still comes in the form of a jackhammer simulator instead of a fun ride. Uh... I think that is all that is worth posting about, it's WoF, decent day with the park rented out overall.

^I have never had a smooth ride on it… but “newest” was certainly a joke there (yes, technically correct, I know)! I won’t say the wheels are square, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Prowler was equipped with octagons. 

Shame that you found prowler to be so rough. Surprising to hear that since I found the ride to be running the best it has been since it opened the last two seasons. It has ran incredibly fast and the track work in the helix, drop, and a few other spots really helped the ride become more re-ridable. I never found the ride to be rough, but it certainly had days where it had this annoying vibration. But it's been many season's since I've had that experience. I agree on Timberwolf though. It's gone from one of the most uncomfortable wooden coasters in the region to one of the smoothest in the span of just a few years. Yes, the trims are annoying. Yes, I do miss the super aggressive airtime it used to have (at least it still has that one hill after the "new" turn). But, it's been turned into something more people can actually enjoy. If it weren't for the height requirement, it would easily fulfil the family-thrill coaster gap in the park's coaster collection.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jaykethekid said:

Shame that you found prowler to be so rough. Surprising to hear that since I found the ride to be running the best it has been since it opened the last two seasons. It has ran incredibly fast and the track work in the helix, drop, and a few other spots really helped the ride become more re-ridable. I never found the ride to be rough, but it certainly had days where it had this annoying vibration. But it's been many season's since I've had that experience. I agree on Timberwolf though. It's gone from one of the most uncomfortable wooden coasters in the region to one of the smoothest in the span of just a few years. Yes, the trims are annoying. Yes, I do miss the super aggressive airtime it used to have (at least it still has that one hill after the "new" turn). But, it's been turned into something more people can actually enjoy. If it weren't for the height requirement, it would easily fulfil the family-thrill coaster gap in the park's coaster collection.

I really appreciate this perspective, and I have ridden Prowler so many times and have TRIED to like it, but I just don't. I never get off thinking "that was fun!" It usually is something more like "that was work" and that is a shame. It makes me wonder if I like "fun and floaty" more than I like "intense and snappy," but Maverick is one of my favorites and the Batman clones are always solid. I think Prowler just needs to have a few moments of coming up for a breath of air. Getting tossed about and whipped back and forth is only fun when it is smooth, and a good floater hill would give a moment to break things up.

I think it is worth saying one more time just to clarify: Timber Wolf is no longer terribly rough and is totally re-ridable. Everyone in my group talked about how smooth it was. Ride it while it lasts!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How's Worlds of Fun been lately? Going to be visiting on a Friday night in a week in a half for the first time! Looks like the HUSS Condor has been down, which is a bummer.

Everything else been running/any limited capacity or Haunt suggestions? 

Thanks!

4 hours ago, PKI Jizzman said:

How's Worlds of Fun been lately? Going to be visiting on a Friday night in a week in a half for the first time! Looks like the HUSS Condor has been down, which is a bummer.

Everything else been running/any limited capacity or Haunt suggestions? 

Thanks!

Most everything was running when I was there last, including the HUSS condor. Very minimal lines, and multi train operations. I wasn’t there for Haunt so I cannot comment on that. If you have never been I urge you to ride Cyclone Sam’s before you leave. Just do it, don’t look anything up about it, don’t worry if there is a line, just ride it and thank me later. You going to be in town just that evening? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CP_RULES said:

Most everything was running when I was there last, including the HUSS condor. Very minimal lines, and multi train operations. I wasn’t there for Haunt so I cannot comment on that. If you have never been I urge you to ride Cyclone Sam’s before you leave. Just do it, don’t look anything up about it, don’t worry if there is a line, just ride it and thank me later. You going to be in town just that evening? 

Appreciate it! Never heard of Cyclone Sam's haha. Good to hear especially about the condor! We'll be there Friday night and a just for the morning Saturday before going to SDC. 

• 2 weeks later...

Right next to the airport is Scott's Kitchen and Hanger, go get some burnt ends that will rock your world! 

https://www.scottskitchenandcatering.com

20211015_143226.thumb.jpg.65e1cd27ff8ea669e9ad407c4c0ec644.jpg

Worlds of Fun is a mostly pretty park that just needs so more rides. Patriot was better than anticipated, Prowler is funning fantastic, Timberwolf was alright, but Mamba was down all day and we were told is down the weekend. We overheard airbrake issues, but who knows. 

The Pumpkin Eater scare zone was really well done, it should be a maze! People kinda forgot about it, I walked through it 2x nearly by myself until a black and white fuzzy friend decided to join me:

20211016_082620.jpg

20211016_082604.jpg

Hooray Mamba actually opened today! It was a fun surprise, it's like mini Steel Dragon 2000. The first two hills were great and had some funky floaty airtime. 

Prowler is running really well. Just finished a 6 ride power hour front and back, it's fantastic. Don't talk crap about this kitty coaster!

20211016_112026.jpg

20211015_205109.jpg

• Like 2