TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Me just now:

"Oh, what a nice report! I forgot that they did Winterfest. I wonder what the ride lineup is. I know it's Cedar Fair but maybe it's halfway dec...

... nevermind".

The lights look really great though. Cedar Fair does a great job with those. Great report. Thanks for sharing.

They have about 30 rides open. Prowler and Spinning Dragons are the only coasters. Most of Planet Snoopy is open.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I gotta give it to Worlds of Fun, they went from having practically no social media or PR presence to being some of the best in the industry. Their PR team is excellent. Having met some of them and knowing a few personally, they all have a great sense of humor and personality for this kind of stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
^ Oh wow that is so cool! Just another reason to love Cedar Fair!

Fixed that for you. It seems this policy has been mostly chain-wide.

I know Six Flags is doing some sort of stuff for their passholders but nothing close to this level, especially when you consider how much a Platinum Pass costs. I could personally give two cares less about some extra discounts and benefits in the park when I don't like spending money in the park anyway, but I absolutely would love a free 2021 pass.

• 1 month later...

Just made a reservation for July 1 at WOF (using a platinum pass).

We've had a "midwest" tour scheduled for a while. Can't believe it's actually happening / feasible, but we're going to give it a shot.

I had not seen a prior announcement about reservations being available, so figured I would give the heads up to anyone that was trying to get one.

• 2 weeks later...
CF has decided not open Cedar Point Shores but hasn't said anything their other water parks, a few days ago they were offering a $200 bonus for lifeguards at Oceans of Fun

Cedar Point heavily relies on international people to staff their park. And also, Cedar Point Shores is a separate admission park, where as most of the other water parks in the chain are included with the main park's admission.

• 2 weeks later...