TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

How much are the skip the line passes? I’m strongly considering buying one.

Depends on the day, but around $50-60. I have never bought them. The lines are long, but the park is open until 1am on Saturdays. Usually by around 10:30, the lines are manageable and continue to get shorter as the night goes on. Right after parade and Overlord's Awakening the lines to the haunts are all super long.

Also, as a season pass holder, I usually go to Haunt a couple weekends, so I never feel I need to get in all the mazes in a night. If you are just spending one day at WOF and want to see all the mazes, you might want to consider a Fright Lane pass, as it will be impossible to get through them all without one in one evening.

I haven't been to WoF for Halloween in years, but I remember having a lot of fun when I did go. Lore of the Vampire was awesome and it's still there!

My favorite part of Halloween at WoF, though, is the music. They play a lot of the Edward Scissorhands score, which is just such a beautiful soundtrack.

Worlds of Fun has some pretty kick ass mazes too. Bloodshed and especially Cornstalkers have been the highlights for me.

Cornstalkers is always one of my favorites every year! I love the theme and detail of Blood on the Bayou, it is my favorite visually. Cornstalkers is always the tops of the list as far as scare factor!

Sorry for the double post

I was just wondering which of the current haunts used to be Urgent Scare?

Urgent Scare was located in Oceans of Fun. There is no haunt in Oceans this year. Khaos Unleashed replaced Urgent Scare last year in Oceans, but Khaos has been moved to Worlds of Fun this season.

^ It was asylum island for a long time and had really good reviews. Then came 2016 haunt season and there was a big "controversy" about haunts depicting mental illness in a negative way. So all six flags and cedar fair parks scrambled to remove all their haunts referencing mental illness. Most got the change over done before haunt season or just opened with 1 less house that year. If you had haunt maps from 2016 they would often reference houses that did not operate that year due to this outrage. So asylum opened with haunt before the controversy started (don't remember which park the controversy started at, I think in California). Then people got upset about depicting mental health in a negative light so they went to work on a quick overlay. During the 2016 season it was changed to urgent scare. In 2017 Urgent scare came back for a second season but just always felt like a crappier version of asylum island. Best comparison would be dueling dragons to dragon challenge, still a solid attraction but every time you went through you were reminded of how good it used to be. So in 2018 it was replaced with Chaos unleashed which is a good replacement. Still uses some of the hight points from asylum, but feels like it's own unique maze.

How much are the skip the line passes? I’m strongly considering buying one.

Depends on the day, but around $50-60. I have never bought them. The lines are long, but the park is open until 1am on Saturdays. Usually by around 10:30, the lines are manageable and continue to get shorter as the night goes on. Right after parade and Overlord's Awakening the lines to the haunts are all super long.

Also, as a season pass holder, I usually go to Haunt a couple weekends, so I never feel I need to get in all the mazes in a night. If you are just spending one day at WOF and want to see all the mazes, you might want to consider a Fright Lane pass, as it will be impossible to get through them all without one in one evening.

I lied, get the Fright Lane pass. This weekend was INSANELY busy at WOF and it will only get busier the closer to Halloween, usually.

• 3 weeks later...

Worlds of Fun announced today that since they were so close to the world record of the longest mat racing slide in the world, that they are extending the length 10 feet. So when Riptide Raceway opens next summer it will be the longest mat racing slide in the world!

I'm absolute stoked to see Patriot getting a fresh coat of paint! The paint wasn't in horrible condition as it wasn't chipped or covered in grease and rust, just faded. So I'm a little surprised to see this happening. It's also worth mentioning that the little white stripe is being painted as well. It would be a shame to lose that awesome little detail. Well, I'm glad to see that they're putting in the effort to greet guests with something that looks fresh and revitalized (as they have been doing in other parts of the park in the last 5 years or so). I wonder if they're looking at painting other coasters in the near future. Spinning Dragons could use it as well as the other half of Mamba that they didn't paint two seasons ago.

Oceans Mat racer slide will actually be tied with Hersheyparks mat racer slide at 486 feet in length. Not sure

how they goofed on facts, but regardless I’m happy we are getting a great addition.

Hershey's are 486.39 feet and WOF will be 486.9 feet.

• 1 month later...

Me just now:

"Oh, what a nice report! I forgot that they did Winterfest. I wonder what the ride lineup is. I know it's Cedar Fair but maybe it's halfway dec...

... nevermind".

The lights look really great though. Cedar Fair does a great job with those. Great report. Thanks for sharing.