TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Mustang Runner was testing today. Don't know if it had been testing

previously

Well on Friday, the arms were lifting up and down slowly. Was it a full blown test of a normal ride cycle, or just a simple motion to break the ride in?

Is International Plaza comparable to International street at KD and KI

They're really not comparable. It's called International Plaza because the park is themed to 5 different regions of the world, so International Plaza acts as your starting point. Of course, KI's and KD's top Worlds of Fun's. they really couldn't top a 300ft. tall tower with a gorgeous fountain display in front of it. But it's extremely nice and spaced out.

What tops the International Street at Kings Island and Kings Dominion and the International Plaza at Worlds of Fun is the International Street at Canada's Wonderland! It has the beautiful Royal Fountains and majestic Wonder Mountain standing tall greeting all who enter the park. But, I do find it interesting how many parks that opened in the 1970's and 1980's were themed to many parts of the World, many of which still obtain these themes to this day. Some very spectacular architecture found throughout parks was created in result of such theming, which I greatly enjoy!

Is International Plaza comparable to International street at KD and KI

They're really not comparable. It's called International Plaza because the park is themed to 5 different regions of the world, so International Plaza acts as your starting point. Of course, KI's and KD's top Worlds of Fun's. they really couldn't top a 300ft. tall tower with a gorgeous fountain display in front of it. But it's extremely nice and spaced out.

After finally seeing the park map on their site (sucks they don't have a downloadable map like in years past) I like the look of the new front gate area as depicted on it. It's a crazy idea but I can't see how CF couldn't expand on the International Plaza theme around the carousel, thus reducing the Scandinavia area to the area just to the left of the entrance.

Mustang Runner opened today and Falcon's Flight is testing!

Mustang Runner is great! Possibly the best troika I've ridden. Cars swing up at or past 90 degrees. I also have to say it has a hilarious ride spiel. "Saddle up riders,(usual ride spiel stuff), yeehaw". I'd also like to note how awesome mamba is running. It just flies through the mid course. Train 3 was the fastest, I've never felt anything like it ever. Pretty strong airtime on the return trip. I really hope they run it like that the whole season because that possibly places it back in my top 5!

They didn't share anything on Falcon's Flight, but you can see the tower in the background of the second Troika pic. They haven't been sharing much on it recently, which gets me a little worried about it's progress. Hopefully I will be running on Opening Day. It looks like great flat ride for WOF to add to their collection.

Same here. As a long-time Huss Condor fan, I am truly shocked, appalled, and deeply crestfallen by the lack of, well... ANYTHING concerning Falcon's Fury. No test runs, no pictures of the gondolas, no pictures of the tower, no nothing.

I personally fail to see what Busch Garden Tampa's Intamin Drop Tower has to do with Worlds of Fun, but if you want pictures,[attachment=0]DSCN0157.JPG[/attachment]

In full operation, too!

In other news, check this out:

www.screamscape.com/html/worlds_of_fun.htm

It says that Worlds of Fun is slated to get a Sky Rocket II in 2018. Wonder if it will come true.

[attachment=0]1nqbcm.jpg[/attachment]

Why is it changed to 2018 though?

That rumor has always been for 2018 if i remember right. Though, i got a feeling 2018 is probably going to be an off year. I think our best luck for a large new addition will be 2019+.

It says that Worlds of Fun is slated to get a Sky Rocket II in 2018. Wonder if it will come true.

That rumor has always been for 2018 if i remember right. Though, i got a feeling 2018 is probably going to be an off year. I think our best luck for a large new addition will be 2019+.

Doubt the park gets anything major as Cedar Fair is tied up with two RMCs and CGA's hyper at the moment but who knows.

Just going to state something I saw today in the park. park employees (i.e. Park operation manager, GM and others) and a few non-employees (didn't have WoF name badges) where outside of the park entrance with some blueprints. I couldn't see what the prints where of. They were all huddling around them. This simply could be new lighting for that path to the entrance or something else. I wish I could have gotten a better look. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just going to state something I saw today in the park. park employees (i.e. Park operation manager, GM and others) and a few non-employees (didn't have WoF name badges) where outside of the park entrance with some blueprints. I couldn't see what the prints where of. They were all huddling around them. This simply could be new lighting for that path to the entrance or something else. I wish I could have gotten a better look. Any thoughts?

Probably WinterFest. I saw tons of blueprints floating around last year during HAUNT (while backstage). All of them had the WinterFest logo on them, though.

A nice little launch coaster would be great, but let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

Doubt the park gets anything major as Cedar Fair is tied up with two RMCs and CGA's hyper at the moment but who knows.

It's cool and all to speculate but why are you just stating this as fact?

^ Actually, a hyper is currently in the plans for CGA that were revealed a few months back. Obviously plans can change, but at the moment it's as much a fact as it reasonably can be.

First post on this page has an illustration that shows a 245 foot tall hyper coaster:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42682&start=10480

Probably WinterFest. I saw tons of blueprints floating around last year during HAUNT (while backstage). All of them had the WinterFest logo on them, though.

A nice little launch coaster would be great, but let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

Ahhh. I forget about WinterFest this year. That would make the most sense. I bet they are going to go all out on the path to the entrance.

^ Actually, a hyper is currently in the plans for CGA that were revealed a few months back. Obviously plans can change, but at the moment it's as much a fact as it reasonably can be.

First post on this page has an illustration that shows a 245 foot tall hyper coaster:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42682&start=10480

Everyone knows a hyper is coming, but who said it's a 2018 project? Did I miss an announcement? Do some enthusiasts actually believe that Cedar Fair is going to build 2 RMC's (one speculated to be $30 million+, while the other one is likely running $10 million+) and then spend $20 million+ on a hyper coaster? If you haven't noticed, Cedar Fair has been cutting costs when it comes to capital investments (Valravn and Mystic Timbers were fairly cheaper than average, from what I've heard). I'm already surprised that they're building two new coasters.

Now could Cedar Fair fit a Sky Rocket II into the budget? That's much more likely.

^ Okay, I see what you're saying, and in that case, I agree. CGA's hyper is coming sometime, but not necessarily right away. Likely it's not for several more years, as that is a 20-year plan.

I know others would be disappointed, but I really would love a Sky Rocket II at Worlds of Fun. All of them are on the coasts, and the ROI on that ride is bound to be insane. It would represent the most thrilling ride to come to Worlds of Fun since Prowler, and would be very different from anything the Midwest has ever seen. They'd make a killing on that ride, which would only help improve other aspects of the park. It's really a great choice.

I saw them inside the park by the train depot.

I just glanced down, and saw blue sketching that looked like hedges

Or something like that on a wof map blueprint.

Probably did have to do with winterfest.

• 2 weeks later...

So i read that Cedar Fair is adding 4 new coasters to its parks for 2018.

One of them is obviously RMC Mean Streak and another woodie

Getting the RMC treatment as well. Also an all new coaster design is coming.

I also read a rumor that Kanonen at Lisberg was bought by an American Park.

They did mention they were going with another former manufacturer as well. It could very well be Intamin, but I feel it's more likely to be Gerstlaurer. I think Kanonen would be a great ride for Worlds of Fun as it would fill the launch and looping gaps in the park. Though, I don't think it's likely to be going to Worlds of Fun. From what I read, it seemed like they would be going for brand new coasters, not relocations.

So i read that Cedar Fair is adding 4 new coasters to its parks for 2018.

One of them is obviously RMC Mean Streak and another woodie

Getting the RMC treatment as well. Also an all new coaster design is coming.

I also read a rumor that Kanonen at Lisberg was bought by an American Park.

Mean Streak and Hurler are the two Woodies being RMC'd. Knott's is obviously getting a new coaster as well. That's three. We can all debate on where the fourth is going. And is Knott's getting the new coaster type or the renewed relationship. Personally I think Knott's is being the new type. It's WoF getting the renewed relationship?