TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

So I guess there's something else to be revealed, could it be the center piece for the front gate, or a promotion for the 2018 year, just like they did in 08' for 09's addition of Prowler. The hashtag is #underthetarp

Pretty sure it's the blimp that they showed in the middle of the new entrance area.

This new centerpiece is STUNNING! I hope I can find a way to make it to WoF sometime this year (it's doubtful); it's already been three years since my last visit. I wanna see all the new stuff in person! I'm also kinda wanting to try out Timberwolf again, having heard about them re-tracking.... I haven't been on that coaster in over a decade because it was just too rough for me my first time on it way-back-when.

This new centerpiece is STUNNING! I hope I can find a way to make it to WoF sometime this year (it's doubtful); it's already been three years since my last visit. I wanna see all the new stuff in person! I'm also kinda wanting to try out Timberwolf again, having heard about them re-tracking.... I haven't been on that coaster in over a decade because it was just too rough for me my first time on it way-back-when.

Its been 11 years since I've been and I only live three hours away lol! Hopefully this year if I can afford it.

Its been 11 years since I've been and I only live three hours away lol! Hopefully this year if I can afford it.

I currently live about 3 hours away from there as well. Heck, there are things I've never done or seen in Kansas City, and I used to live there! LOL

One day tickets are usually about $30. You can drive there and back in a day, and unless you go on a Saturday in summer, no need for Fast Lane. Pack a cooler, go out to your car to eat, and you can do a WoF trip super cheap. That's what we used to do a few years ago when finances were tight and one day at WoF qualified as our summer vacation.

I'm really glad CF went with a completely unique entrance for WOF!

I know right? When they said new entrance I was super scared they were going to go with one of those modern entrances like at Cedar Point and Carowinds. I hate those entrances, this one looks classic and welcoming.

I'm really glad CF went with a completely unique entrance for WOF!

I know right? When they said new entrance I was super scared they were going to go with one of those modern entrances like at Cedar Point and Carowinds. I hate those entrances, this one looks classic and welcoming.

Not only that, but the architecture is very pleasing to the eye. It has a lot more detail than I'd expect from Cedar Fair since they have an unhealthy addiction to plain concrete. My only concern is the lack of trees in that area, especially to the left of the new entrance as your looking at it outside the park. It looks quite empty, but I'm sure the great landscaping team that WOF has will do something about that!

I'm also kinda wanting to try out Timberwolf again, having heard about them re-tracking.... I haven't been on that coaster in over a decade because it was just too rough for me my first time on it way-back-when.

Overall, Timber Wolf is probably in better shape than when you last rode it. That said, it is only two seasons into a planned four year restoration project. The first drop to just before the upward helix has been rebuilt and is smooth. The helix was to be redone this off season, but the project was put on hold apparently, so nothing else has been done as of now. The helix is definitely in need of work and is currently the roughest part of the ride. Hopefully the restoration work will continue the next off season.

So we are planning a trip to the park during the second week of August. I notice that they have somewhat short hours, closing at 7pm. Should I expect minimalistic operations with one train ops, many closed food stands, etc? Also, how are the crowds during the week?

Thanks in advance!

So we are planning a trip to the park during the second week of August. I notice that they have somewhat short hours, closing at 7pm. Should I expect minimalistic operations with one train ops, many closed food stands, etc? Also, how are the crowds during the week?

Thanks in advance!

I've been on a Thursday the first week of August the past few years. Ops were up and down so expect just about anything. They seem to switch from single to double train ops at the most inopportune time (i.e. while we are in line and they have to run the 2nd car empty a few times); but it definitely helps once it's up and running.

If you don't do the water park side then rides for the coasters like Prowler are almost non-existent at midday = front row rides! However, the line for Mamba always seems painfully slow no matter what, usually single train ops inexplicably?

I definitely recommend Fast Lane Passes no matter what, especially if you do the water park. My kids have rode three times using Fast Lane while others rode once.

I'm also kinda wanting to try out Timberwolf again, having heard about them re-tracking.... I haven't been on that coaster in over a decade because it was just too rough for me my first time on it way-back-when.

Overall, Timber Wolf is probably in better shape than when you last rode it. That said, it is only two seasons into a planned four year restoration project. The first drop to just before the upward helix has been rebuilt and is smooth. The helix was to be redone this off season, but the project was put on hold apparently, so nothing else has been done as of now. The helix is definitely in need of work and is currently the roughest part of the ride. Hopefully the restoration work will continue the next off season.

I wonder if it was placed on hold due to the Ghostrider renovation. I know GCI is handling the retracking, so I'm curious if WoF is debating whether or not to get the full Ghostrider treatment--full retrack + Millennium Flyers. On that point, could MFs work on the parts already retracked, or if they would need to be retracked as well. Wof is probably considering all of that.

On the other hand, I wonder if the retracking budget was instead placed into the two "new" attractions this year + revamped entrance.

I wonder if it was placed on hold due to the Ghostrider renovation. I know GCI is handling the retracking, so I'm curious if WoF is debating whether or not to get the full Ghostrider treatment--full retrack + Millennium Flyers. On that point, could MFs work on the parts already retracked, or if they would need to be retracked as well. Wof is probably considering all of that.

On the other hand, I wonder if the retracking budget was instead placed into the two "new" attractions this year + revamped entrance.

I don't know but I rode GhostRider this year and man, it runs great. You wouldn't even know it's age.

Thanks in advance!

I've been on a Thursday the first week of August the past few years. Ops were up and down so expect just about anything. They seem to switch from single to double train ops at the most inopportune time (i.e. while we are in line and they have to run the 2nd car empty a few times); but it definitely helps once it's up and running.

If you don't do the water park side then rides for the coasters like Prowler are almost non-existent at midday = front row rides! However, the line for Mamba always seems painfully slow no matter what, usually single train ops inexplicably?

I definitely recommend Fast Lane Passes no matter what, especially if you do the water park. My kids have rode three times using Fast Lane while others rode once.

Thanks for he info and fastlane recommendation. Will definitely take into account! I've always heard that worlds of fun is annoying with their willingness to run 1 train.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for he info and fastlane recommendation. Will definitely take into account! I've always heard that worlds of fun is annoying with their willingness to run 1 train.

We usually arrive at opening and hit Spinning Dragons first - then Patriot, Prowler, and Mamba. My kids will ride Timberwolf - I'm still afraid to because of my back. None of us even consider Boomerang; if you enjoy pain go ahead and ride it. Then we head back the car for a change - my kids head to Oceans of Fun and I go for my front row rides on Prowler and Mamba. Then I chill out until they are done or wander around. We'll pick off a few more rides when they're done with the water slides or just head home. We're not big on the flat rides. We will hit Viking Voyager for old times sake since I rode it as a youngster. We don't usually stay for the evening so we can have dinner with family.

I remember hearing during a Q&A session a couple years back that the park was considering Millennium Flyers for TimberWolf. That was two years ago though. If I were in charge, that would for sure be my 2018 plan. It really is a great ride layout (I'd argue even stronger than GhostRider). It just really needs some love.