TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

I really like the African section of the park, especially the Prowler area. Boomerang's area is off, but the Dinosaur's Alive area is gorgeously landscaped and themed. Of course, Coaster's needs to go too, in my opinion. As much as WOF wants to say it's an extension of the Americana section, it's almost laughable how out of place it is.

And it's the Africa section not Kongo (whatever the heck that is).

Whatever it's called, you know what I mean and it's a shithole.

Your entitled to your opinion and we're entitled to think your opinion sucks.

I really like the African section of the park, especially the Prowler area. Boomerang's area is off, but the Dinosaur's Alive area is gorgeously landscaped and themed. Of course, Coaster's needs to go too, in my opinion. As much as WOF wants to say it's an extension of the Americana section, it's almost laughable how out of place it is.

They could say Coasters is in "South Africa" and it could work.

They have Boomerangs in Africa

• 1 month later...

I just got an email from WoF about the season long Fastlane. WoF has it for 2017. Will not be available for Halloween or Winterfest. $99 to add on to your season pass.

e71abe97f0481fb81b2475a06cb3eabe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Michigan's Adventure and Valleyfair getting the season long fastlane. Does anyone else think WOF might be in the running for it too?
I just got an email from WoF about the season long Fastlane. WoF has it for 2017. Will not be available for Halloween or Winterfest. $99 to add on to your season pass.

Ask and ye shall receive.

The first one (condor?) looks to be directly across from where the scrambler used to be (where a patio appears of google maps) and the second looks like it is in the scrambler's spot.

The Troika is the first pic and the Condor is the second. The troika is being built right across from the entrance to Detonator, while the Condor is being built in Le Carousel's old spot, across from Autobahn (bumper cars) and next to Flying Dutchman. Nothing is filling Scrambler's old spot (yet).

• 4 weeks later...
I was wondering the same thing. It is probably the part of the ride that needed retracking the most from a rider comfortability standpoint.

That would be...Well the rest. Haha.

Hope it is retracked, that helix was painful last year. I do feel the first half has gotten more mild though

Anyone know if they GCI retracked the helix of Timberwolf?

I asked PR but they were busy with the front gate, and weren't sure.

This year's work didn't happen. I don't know why, but I am guessing it has to do with all the other things going on in the park and/or budget. There is so much going on out there with the new gate, new catering facility, two new rides and a lot of other projects to prepare the park for Winterfest, etc. I was really looking forward to the helix getting some work, but no such luck for now.