TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

According to social media, the PR department already has their hands on the International Plaza rendering, so I'd expect to see it before Christmas. But then again, Cedar Point did release their's in January, so we might have to wait a little longer than anticipated. Either way, I'm super excited for what's in store. If it looks as good as everyone says it does (and by everyone, I mean everyone that's already seen it), then we are in for a treat. I've heard amazing things.

If WOF is considering the impact on Season Pass sales it could affect the release date of viewing the artist rendering. Question is before Christmas, before New Years, or January?

To increase Season Pass sales, I'd probably say January. But considering that they're already teasing it, I'd be pretty pissed off if they waited that long to finally release the plans.

• 2 weeks later...

For those not following along, the park has been releasing a piece of the rendering for the new entrance every day since Christmas. This is what we have so far. Looks kinda like Cedar Point/Carowinds mixed with old fashioned Disney architecture. Definitely looks promising. I'm glad they're adding somewhat of a subtle touch of theming.

IMG_0181.thumb.JPG.43f448b7e20f8fdf5638343704863c08.JPG

So now that the 2018 U.S. Premier SkyRocket II is confirmed to be going to SeaWorld San Diego, I guess that means we won't be seeing one at Worlds of Fun. That's too bad, it would have helped round out the park's coaster lineup a lot, but oh well.

So now that the 2018 U.S. Premier SkyRocket II is confirmed to be going to SeaWorld San Diego, I guess that means we won't be seeing one at Worlds of Fun. That's too bad, it would have helped round out the park's coaster lineup a lot, but oh well.

I wouldn't expect a new coaster directly after the huge season that 2017 is panning out to be.

I wouldn't expect a new coaster directly after the huge season that 2017 is panning out to be.

Except they spread the 2017 additions over two fiscal years so it's really not that big. Sounds like the coaster (Premier Rocket II) and maybe one of the two used Tornado slides are coming in 2018.

2018 is shaping up to be a big year in MO with new coasters at other 2 parks in the state.

Except they spread the 2017 additions over two fiscal years so it's really not that big. Sounds like the coaster (Premier Rocket II) and maybe one of the two used Tornado slides are coming in 2018.

2018 is shaping up to be a big year in MO with new coasters at other 2 parks in the state.

Even if the other two parks were going big next year, what would make you think that Worlds of Fun would be so eager to join in? Wouldn't they get a better return on investment if they waited until 2019?

They have finally released the full concept art for the new front gate. Looks good.

A few thoughts on the new gate:

-I really like the aesthetic. It looks like Cedar Point, Knott's, and Kings Island's entrances had a baby. It fits the park well. I like the abundance of the earthy green colors mixed with brick paving and buildings. While Cedar Point's and Carowind's entrances look nice, they're kinda bland and boring. This one looks welcoming and exciting.

-The Worlds of Fun sign in the center is to die for. WOW! Like I said earlier, while the Cedar Point and Carowind's welcome signs are nice, they put me to sleep. While some complain about the font (which is something we complain about now, I guess), I think the new font looks great and nicely contrasts the rest of the plaza. The hot air balloon is the icing on the cake. At this point, I'm pretty sure Worlds of Fun is the only Cedar Fair park that still has a logo and they are not ashamed of that. It looks fantastic.

-The banner on the actual entrance gate is hideous. I'm 99% sure that it won't look like that on Opening Day, but it's a terrible idea to put a banner with that much color on such a faded color palate. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's a screen instead of a banner. A giant screen like the other Cedar Fair parks would really help the entrance spring to life. Especially during Halloween Haunt.

-First impressions are everything and this really delivers in giving oncoming guests a great start to an exciting day. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person in mid-April!

I think it's a bit too early to comment on specific aesthetics of the new entrance since we're working off of some rustic concept art, but I appreciate the inclusion of the balloon as a focal point of the sign/plaza. Nice way to pay homage to your history.