TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Sorry to bug your thread but i'm headed to WOF tomorrow night for haunt from Valleyfair up in Minnesota. I'm just wondering if I need any tips regarding the park or haunt. (I will be getting Fast Lane)
Have you been to WOF before, or will this be your first visit?

This will be my first visit down

That's great! I hope you enjoy yourself! WOF is a really nice park.

Sorry to bug your thread but i'm headed to WOF tomorrow night for haunt from Valleyfair up in Minnesota. I'm just wondering if I need any tips regarding the park or haunt. (I will be getting Fast Lane)

Have you been to WOF before, or will this be your first visit?

This will be my first visit down

Will you be doing other things here in Kansas City? Or will it be a WOF only trip?

Hey everyone, quick question, I live in Omaha and I'm planning to go to worlds of fun this Saturday. I want to buy fast lane tickets and I have to buy tickets for one other person, so it's gonna be pretty expensive. I'm trying to save some money on this, does anyone have some advice on how to get cheaper tickets or fast lane passes? Is there anything I can do?

Hey everyone, quick question, I live in Omaha and I'm planning to go to worlds of fun this Saturday. I want to buy fast lane tickets and I have to buy tickets for one other person, so it's gonna be pretty expensive. I'm trying to save some money on this, does anyone have some advice on how to get cheaper tickets or fast lane passes? Is there anything I can do?

There's really not too much you can do other than buying tickets/fastlanes online. Unless you live relatively close enough to the park to have season passes, it will probably be pretty expensive for one visit. I visited the park 20 times this season, and I spend around $350 on my season pass (Platinum pass with Dining plan and soda cup) and definitely got my money's worth. Anyways, prices for Haunt weekends are usually around $35 each ticket. Fastlanes are about that same price.

There's really not too much you can do other than buying tickets/fastlanes online. Unless you live relatively close enough to the park to have season passes, it will probably be pretty expensive for one visit. I visited the park 20 times this season, and I spend around $350 on my season pass (Platinum pass with Dining plan and soda cup) and definitely got my money's worth. Anyways, prices for Haunt weekends are usually around $35 each ticket. Fastlanes are about that same price.

Yeah, about the only thing you could have done would be to buy 2017 season passes, and that would give you a free visit this year, which you could use for Haunt if you wanted. But that's not actually cheaper, as tickets online for Saturdays are $40 and Fast Lane is $40, so that'd be $160. Season passes go for $99 a piece, so $278 including Fast Lane. Almost twice as much; you'd just get more for your money. It's a good deal, but it sounds like that's not your goal.

If you want to do rides and Haunt both, the only way to do it is to go on a Saturday and pay for Fast Lane. If you only care about rides, go on a Sunday, and there's no lines. It's half price essentially due to Fast Lane not being needed, but no Haunt that day.

Really, if you're okay with driving to WoF and back in one day, go for the season pass. It's what, about 2 hours each way? We've had WoF season passes this year, and Six Flags St. Louis season passes the previous two years. We live in the Springfield-Branson area, so each park is about 3 hours from us, and we've still gone enough to make it worth it. We visited WoF 9 times this year all total, so we definitely got our money's worth.

-Patriot is the least intense invert I've ridden 7/10

Further proof that you have't been to Knotts!

Nice TR. Glad you had a great time. I just couldn't get into this park.

I have been to Knott's, and I agree that Patriot is the least intense invert I've been on. Silver Bullet at least had the helix over the lake. Patriot's helix is just not very good. It's all about the zero-G roll, and otherwise forgettable.

I'm not surprised you didn't really enjoy Worlds of Fun; it doesn't seem your sort of place. Every ride there is good but not great. Prowler is their best coaster, and I enjoy it a lot, but it's not an elite coaster. Comparing Mamba, Patriot, and Prowler to Diamondback, Banshee, and Beast respectively, it's clear that Worlds of Fun could be a lot better. But for us, when we want to go on the sort of rides that Silver Dollar City doesn't have, we'd rather go to Worlds of Fun than Six Flags St. Louis.

Yeah, about the only thing you could have done would be to buy 2017 season passes, and that would give you a free visit this year, which you could use for Haunt if you wanted. But that's not actually cheaper, as tickets online for Saturdays are $40 and Fast Lane is $40, so that'd be $160. Season passes go for $99 a piece, so $278 including Fast Lane. Almost twice as much; you'd just get more for your money. It's a good deal, but it sounds like that's not your goal.

If you want to do rides and Haunt both, the only way to do it is to go on a Saturday and pay for Fast Lane. If you only care about rides, go on a Sunday, and there's no lines. It's half price essentially due to Fast Lane not being needed, but no Haunt that day.

Really, if you're okay with driving to WoF and back in one day, go for the season pass. It's what, about 2 hours each way? We've had WoF season passes this year, and Six Flags St. Louis season passes the previous two years. We live in the Springfield-Branson area, so each park is about 3 hours from us, and we've still gone enough to make it worth it. We visited WoF 9 times this year all total, so we definitely got our money's worth.

Thanks! I don't think I'll be buying a season pass, it's just too much for me to be able to spend right now, since it doesn't include a fast pass (unless I misread it). However, i have a question: On the WOF website, it says fast passes are $50, not $40. Is there a discount when you buy a certain amount of passes?

Edit: Nevermind, re-read the 2017 season pass deal. Looks good to me. I got one 2017 pass and a ticket for a friend. Still wondering about why the passes on saturday are $50 instead of $40 though. Thanks!

Edited by theminislimshady

With the 2016 season coming to a close, us enthusiasts are left with questions about 2017 at the park. I had a couple of questions to be discussed, and I also stated a few rumors for next year.

First, does anyone know if the park is going to continue to retrack Timberwolf this year with GCI? GCI is pretty busy right now I wouldn't be surprised if the park leaves it how it is, or retracks it their self. The transition from where they left off last off-season is pretty rough and seems like it is pretty hard on the trains. Even if the retrack is important enough, the park's budget might not permit a Timberwolf retrack this year either. With all the new stuff next year, it might not be on their priority list.

Also, I had heard something about Fjord Fjarlane being removed/moved to accommodate the new gate. Anyone know anything about that? It's defiantly the most tame Huss Swing-Around I've ever seen, so a complete refurb (which would include new shocks, new paint, lights, etc.) on that ride would be awesome. I really wish we had concept art for the new gate. The official plans have been made though and from what I've heard, the gate should be as great as Carowinds' gate.

I also have heard several new improvements for next year for Winterfest and Haunt.From what I've heard, the Forum Theatre is to receive a complete rehab to accommodate the Winterfest show that is expected to go there. I'm guessing a new stage will added similar to the old one. As for Haunt, I've been told the park is building a new Haunt storage building. I've been told that's what the clearing behind the train shed is for. With that being said, the whole "Boneyard" will likely be cleaned out for the gate and catering facilities.

Anyone know where Mamba's third train is? These past couple weekends, the ride surely could of used it due to a full queue poring out on the midway. I know they've been doing rehab on the trains the past three years, but they usually have the third train ready and on the track by October Haunt. Hopefully it isn't just being used as a spare parts train.

As for Oceans of Fun, at the end of the season I saw the third Monsoon boat (it had sat in the boneyard for a season) in the parking lot behind the wave pool. I'm not sure if it's still there or not so hopefully they aren't just throwing it out. Also, good news. Diamondhead is still standing! I had received information from a manager that it WAS staying for next year, but I had also heard it would be closed next year by a lifeguard, but it didn't seem like he knew exactly what he was talking about, so it's still up in the air whether the park will keep it open for next year.

With the 2016 season coming to a close, us enthusiasts are left with questions about 2017 at the park. I had a couple of questions to be discussed, and I also stated a few rumors for next year.

First, does anyone know if the park is going to continue to retrack Timberwolf this year with GCI? GCI is pretty busy right now I wouldn't be surprised if the park leaves it how it is, or retracks it their self. The transition from where they left off last off-season is pretty rough and seems like it is pretty hard on the trains. Even if the retrack is important enough, the park's budget might not permit a Timberwolf retrack this year either. With all the new stuff next year, it might not be on their priority list.

Also, I had heard something about Fjord Fjarlane being removed/moved to accommodate the new gate. Anyone know anything about that? It's defiantly the most tame Huss Swing-Around I've ever seen, so a complete refurb (which would include new shocks, new paint, lights, etc.) on that ride would be awesome. I really wish we had concept art for the new gate. The official plans have been made though and from what I've heard, the gate should be as great as Carowinds' gate.

I also have heard several new improvements for next year for Winterfest and Haunt.From what I've heard, the Forum Theatre is to receive a complete rehab to accommodate the Winterfest show that is expected to go there. I'm guessing a new stage will added similar to the old one. As for Haunt, I've been told the park is building a new Haunt storage building. I've been told that's what the clearing behind the train shed is for. With that being said, the whole "Boneyard" will likely be cleaned out for the gate and catering facilities.

Anyone know where Mamba's third train is? These past couple weekends, the ride surely could of used it due to a full queue poring out on the midway. I know they've been doing rehab on the trains the past three years, but they usually have the third train ready and on the track by October Haunt. Hopefully it isn't just being used as a spare parts train.

As for Oceans of Fun, at the end of the season I saw the third Monsoon boat (it had sat in the boneyard for a season) in the parking lot behind the wave pool. I'm not sure if it's still there or not so hopefully they aren't just throwing it out. Also, good news. Diamondhead is still standing! I had received information from a manager that it WAS staying for next year, but I had also heard it would be closed next year by a lifeguard, but it didn't seem like he knew exactly what he was talking about, so it's still up in the air whether the park will keep it open for next year.

1. Yes the helix to the flat curve will be done this off season. It was pre scheduled so GCI's other projects will not effect it.

2. Fjord Fjairlane is not a Huss Swing-a-round. It was a prototype for a different company but I'm too lazy to go through my records to see which one right now (I'm at the Mizzou game)

3. Forum is going to be dark next season

4. The storage will be a general storage building.

5. MAMBA has only used 2 trains this season. The third train is by the maintenance building.

6. Monsoon only used 2 boats this season.

7. A determination has not been made on DiamondHead at this time.

I also have heard several new improvements for next year for Winterfest and Haunt.From what I've heard, the Forum Theatre is to receive a complete rehab to accommodate the Winterfest show that is expected to go there.

The Tivoli Music Hall is to receive a rehab since it will be home to a show for Winterfest.

Well, yesterday was the first time in a while that I had an exceptional day at Worlds of Fun. This season has has a lot of days for me that we're good, but not great. Yesterday really showed off how great the park would be if overall effort was higher. There was very minimal stacking on all rides except Timberwolf. Timberwolf is still having obnoxious restraint issues. I really hope that gets fixed during the off season. I would also like to mention that they had the trims turned off all day. That really was a great experience. It felt a lot more intense and had much better airtime. Mamba also had the trims rather low so there was some nice floaty air on the return trip. They also had fantastic operations on mamba. Few times during the day, the train was dispatched right as the other train left the MCBR. Other times it would be dispatched right when the other train hit the final brakes. Overall, operators showed great character. They were all very nice and took their job seriously.

I grabbed lunch at the LC's food truck and man, that was a great burger. Very greasy, but really good. Prices were rather high, but that's what you would expect eating at a park.

Well, yesterday was the first time in a while that I had an exceptional day at Worlds of Fun. This season has has a lot of days for me that we're good, but not great. Yesterday really showed off how great the park would be if overall effort was higher. There was very minimal stacking on all rides except Timberwolf. Timberwolf is still having obnoxious restraint issues. I really hope that gets fixed during the off season. I would also like to mention that they had the trims turned off all day. That really was a great experience. It felt a lot more intense and had much better airtime. Mamba also had the trims rather low so there was some nice floaty air on the return trip. They also had fantastic operations on mamba. Few times during the day, the train was dispatched right as the other train left the MCBR. Other times it would be dispatched right when the other train hit the final brakes. Overall, operators showed great character. They were all very nice and took their job seriously.

I grabbed lunch at the LC's food truck and man, that was a great burger. Very greasy, but really good. Prices were rather high, but that's what you would expect eating at a park.

Part of the 4th part of the TW retracking is to purchase new rolling stock

Went to the park yesterday for closing day. Only stayed a few hours but had a nice time before the park started to get pretty busy. Prowler has really developed a lot of shuffling on the downhills and turnaround over the year. It looks like the park hasn't really touched the track at all since opening, so I hope that it receives some attention over the offseason.

Can't wait to see new trains on Timber Wolf, man those things are horrid. I think a lot of people will be surprised how much they enjoy that ride when the re-tracking is finished and new trains (or at least PTC refurbs) come in.

Today was the first day that I went to the park all season where Mamba and Patriot both opened with two trains. What a difference that made to the overall lines and experience. Prowler still only had one, but oddly didn't need it at first, I had 5 re-rides to start the day.

The park has a lot of work to do on the operation of its rides during the offseason, hopefully they come back more organized and with greater efficiency during 2017, which should be a big year for how the park operates as a whole with a new front gate and Winterfest.

I didn't know that TW is getting new trains. Is it getting millennium flyers?

That hasn't been revealed yet - was just told by maintenance that the current rolling stock is near the end of its lifespan and the plans are to replace once retrack is complete. One would hope Flyers are what is in store.