TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

According to WOF's newest live video on Facebook, Patriot and Spinning Dragons will be open during Winterfest. Steelhawk will not, as it will be turned into a 300 ft. Christmas tree. Prowler will not be open

Based on this information I would bet that the path will be cut off at the walkway under the train bridge (by the BBQ place) and somewhere on that path by Octopus (maybe a little further down, maybe up near the restrooms.

That way you can easily cut the paths and you have those 2 coasters, the kids area and a bunch of flats. They also have the train if they want it and Timber Wolf if they want it (doubtful).

The kids area was a given so you had to know that all of the paths leading back to it would be open. This sounds pretty sensible to me.

According to WOF's newest live video on Facebook, Patriot and Spinning Dragons will be open during Winterfest. Steelhawk will not, as it will be turned into a 300 ft. Christmas tree. Prowler will not be open

Based on this information I would bet that the path will be cut off at the walkway under the train bridge (by the BBQ place) and somewhere on that path by Octopus (maybe a little further down, maybe up near the restrooms.

That way you can easily cut the paths and you have those 2 coasters, the kids area and a bunch of flats. They also have the train if they want it and Timber Wolf if they want it (doubtful).

The kids area was a given so you had to know that all of the paths leading back to it would be open. This sounds pretty sensible to me.

Sounds right to me. I hope they extend it into Europa a bit, cause they have plenty of rides that can run great in cold weather (Le Taxi Tour, Autobahn, and Flying Dutchman) plus Falcon's Flight, the park's new Condor ride. Also Europa would work very well as it is surrounded by trees without a coaster in sight. Very Christmas-like atmosphere.

I honestly think I'm more excited about Winterfest than a new coaster.

Europa will be open so they can use Moulin Rouge.

From what I've seen, the whole park will have stuff going on throughout the entire park. Perhaps only some parts of the park will not have rides running.

I've heard a bunch of odd rumors, from the inclusion of sliding elf characters (similar to sliders at HAUNT) to a activities extending out to even Oceans of Fun. It really sounds like the park will be going all out.

I bet the new International Plaza will look gorgeous as well during Winterfest. I hope the front gate has giant monitors like Cedar Point to add a special holiday touch.

From the video the PR guy posted most of Scandinavia is going to change. All of the Tivoli catering pavilions, Balkaan Bazaar, current gate, ticket booths, customer service, first aid - for sure is coming out. Fjord Fjairlane and Plaza Gifts could be removed as well. Still think Fjord Fjairlane should be moved to Europa. 2017 is going to be an exciting year for the park.

Even though its out of the way, I'm kinda suprised they didn't go "BOOMERANG, cause why not!"

And speaking in terms of Prowler. I can see why that won't be open. Clearing snow off the stucture would be a HUGE pain. With Patriot, you won't have to do as much work outside of the running rails. All of the undelying track would already be clear.

(I really hope that didn't sound stupid...)

From what I've seen, the whole park will have stuff going on throughout the entire park. Perhaps only some parts of the park will not have rides running.=

I'd be very surprised if that's true. Why staff the whole park minus the rides for no reason? Even Hershey, a park with a really well established event has had trouble staffing the park and closes sections off, plus more staff = more risk. I'm not saying you're wrong but it would be a strange move.

Le Carousel has already been removed from the park. Received confirmation today that it has been sold to another park and thus will not be returning next season in a new location.

Fjord Fjairlane's location for next year is still up in the air. No word on if it will need to be moved for new gate area as renderings are still pending.

I'd love a nice train show for WinterFest. SDC's, as religious as it was, was one of the most unforgettable theme park experiences I have ever had. Riding through the dark, chilly Ozark mountains with an enchanting conductor and crew was phenomenal. Almost like a genuine Polar Express.

I really hope this event brings new opportunities to Worlds of Fun. I could definitely see WOF top Kings Dominion next year attendance wise with six weeks added to the season. It just depends on how popular the event is. I will argue any day that Kansas City is one of the best places to spend the holidays. Gorgeous city in the winter. Worlds of Fun will have some competition between Crown Center, the Ice Terrace and the Plaza.

Anyone hear if they are removing asylum? I see that the 3 vr haunts are gone and valleyfair removed their asylum scare zone. Really curious as it is one of the top haunts and I will be there this weekend.

Asylum Island is constantly ranked as one of the top haunts by guests through random surveys conducted by the park. While there has been talks in the past of building a permanent building for the attraction, those have gone quiet the last few years. I would expect that AI will have quite a few more years before it goes away

Anyone hear if they are removing asylum? I see that the 3 vr haunts are gone and valleyfair removed their asylum scare zone. Really curious as it is one of the top haunts and I will be there this weekend.

I think there is a better chance of them removing Mamba this weekend than removing Asylum. It's constantly ranked one of the best haunted houses at ANY park year after year.

Hell, they've won Attraction of the Night 2 times already, and we've been open for 3 nights...

I know it is one of the best attractions, personally I think it is second best behind cornstalkers. I am just getting worried now that cedar fair has removed 4 attractions(3VR and 1 scarezone) dealing with the asylum theme in the last few days because of people being offended. Also six flags has either removed or rethemed 3 asylum mazes. If they are whitewashing asylum from everything then they better do the same for clowns. #ClownsArePeopleToo

So Asylum Island is staying, but the name has been changed to "Urgent Scare".

EDIT: Everyone in "Urgent Scare" is being fitted for new costumes. I think we have a retheme.

If true, this information is not being reflected on the website

It probably won't until it opens next weekend.

I'm going to be visiting Worlds of Fun on October 14 & 15 (Friday night and all-day Saturday). How busy should I expect the park to be. Would it be worth getting Fast Lane one of the two days? (I won't be getting Fright Lane because I'm not interested in the mazes.) Any other tips for conquering the park?