TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

My final predictions are small park upgrades for season pass holders and possibly the gate renderings! I guess a slide from Knotts/Wildwater Kingdom isn't too out of the picture like everyone is saying, but I feel like if it was happening, they would have announced it when they made the other announcements. We'll have to see...

Wouldn't they also announce that with the main announcements too though? Did they announce the closing of WWK after the press release or before?

My final predictions are small park upgrades for season pass holders and possibly the gate renderings! I guess a slide from Knotts/Wildwater Kingdom isn't too out of the picture like everyone is saying, but I feel like if it was happening, they would have announced it when they made the other announcements. We'll have to see...

Wouldn't they also announce that with the main announcements too though? Did they announce the closing of WWK after the press release or before?

Yes the announcement that WWK was closing came on the Friday after the main announcements

Does anyone know what time the 2nd announcement takes place?

17:38

Don't be petty Fetty.

Just remember, No matter how small or big this announcement is........ 'Don't sweat the petty stuff, Pet the sweaty stuff '. I'm optimistic that it's "something", because why would there be such a delay and no hints.

Does anyone know what time the 2nd announcement takes place?

17:38

Don't be petty Fetty.

Just remember, No matter how small or big this announcement is........ 'Don't sweat the petty stuff, Pet the sweaty stuff '. I'm optimistic that it's "something", because why would there be such a delay and no hints.

Not only that, but if it was something as small as in-park wifi or funpix, which the investor information states ONLY the five largest CF parks are getting, why wouldn't they have announced that at the main press release, that isn't something that would require it's own separate event...

I'm trying not to get TOO optimistic, but come on, in park wifi and funpix isn't something that would warrant its own, separate press release.

It's only a fail if you set your expectations high like everyone seems to do. There were many people on here saying it was most likely just the Pre-K pass.

I thought it would also have included a announcement of free wifi and funpix. But this is exactly what I thought the additional announcement was going to be.

Still happy about the new front gate and classic rides. Fail was exaggerated, but the announcement delay was confusing

Only if you don't know how business works. Likely they were just waiting on some final numbers that weren't available at the time of the previous announcement. Once they had the numbers, they green lit the pre-K pass, and gave it a separate announcement.

He mentioned new catering facilities as well on Facebook. I knew that they were coming but I think this is the first time the park has officially said they were coming.

-Mustang Runner

-Falcon's Flight

-Front Gate

-Catering Facilities

-Winter Fest

-PreK Pass

They did all right

Also with the continuation of timberwolf work, 2017 should be a great year

Am I correct in saying that there have not been any official renderings of the new front gate yet? That's what I'm most excited to see from WoF! (Though don't get me wrong, a Huss Condor is pretty cool, too!)

I was expecting a tornado slide. All that waiting. Fail

It's only a fail if you set your expectations high like everyone seems to do.

Exactly. Anybody who is setting their expectations too high when it comes to most Cedar Fair parks these days, hasn't been paying attention as of late...

^ If you went to haunt I would like to know how the new Carnevil and London terror compared to before. Also be nice to hear if people think any haunts have improved or gotten worse this year. And a side note is that I am curious how skeleton key rooms changed, are they still mainly focused on grossing you out? Excited to see everything in 2 weeks when I go. Thanks for any information provided.

I didn't make it to London but I did make it into CarnEvil. I definitely liked last years look to it mainly because of location and old theme. The hobo clowns probably aren't as scary as the old ones to the average person. Neither of them are scary to me so I might not be the right person to decide. Also, I probably had the best ride on Prowler all season at night. It was hauling on the train without the logo.

Hexed and Psycho Freaks are roaming and tend to stick together in a group along with Overlord, the tooth fairy and sometimes the cymbals monkey. I happened to see them on the train and then on the carousel and laughed pretty hard both times. They were all great as usual.

I felt torn over Carnevil. They needed to do SOMETHING with it, but the entire strange sad clown thing was just off. It wasn't scary, but I guess it could come off as a little creepy? I didn't have the same unease that I did when they had the masks and more traditional scary clown act. It was saved by having an engaging group of actors. I was disappointed with them last year. There were a few that had just grouped together and were sitting around talking to each other and laughing instead of working (it was fairly early in the night, but even if it had been close to closing they still should've been doing their job). There was none of that this year. One guy in particular was having a lot of fun teasing my group and I loved the interaction!

Zombie High made me sad. I want to like it and I LOVED it the year it opened, but you can tell it's where they stick all the new kids now. The only character that stood out was the lunch lady. They all tried, but zombies can be tricky to really get original with if you don't have experience. It's a good house to get warmed up for the rest of them, just don't expect any great scares.

We did Chamber of Horrors after Zombie and basically had the same experience. There were hardly any actors and the few that were there were lackluster. It's another one that had a great opening year, but the actors seem green this season. It's fun to look at and I still do like the sets. I would recommend this one as a warm up as well. It isn't a disaster, but it desperately needs more actors and more energy.

After being a little disappointed with the first two, London's Terror Square stepped. It. Up. My friend said it was her favorite by the landslide and I was also super impressed. The actors were phenomenal. I missed the creepy feel of the streets of London, but the story, the sets and the characters made me very happy. It wasn't as fun to look at as London Terror, but it was scarier. This is another one that I'm worried could lose its vibe without the right actors, but for this year, it is one you definitely shouldn't skip.

Blood on the Bayou wasn't as good as last year,but it's still great in many ways. The sets are wonderful (I love the swamp!), a good number of the actors were engaging and awesome, but I feel like there was less energy. The characters were mostly successful, but I felt like there was less effort to make that voodoo theme pop. It's still one that I wouldn't skip!

Asylum was Asylum. Creepy and wonderful. It was no better or worse than last year. However, I'm afraid it's going to become a little stale soon and I'd love to see them to something to switch it up.

Though Lore of the Vampire isn't the mess it was a few years ago, I liked it more last year. The characters need to get more creative and more engaging. Hissing and following for a few feet got a little old. There were two or three who shined. I don't miss Club Blood at all, but I'd like to see them do something a little more exciting with where it used to be.

As always, Cornstalkers was awesome. It avoids the staleness that I'm afraid Asylum is starting to develop and I walked out of it just as content as past years. It wins when it comes to overall creepiness and jump scares...those costumes are too good!

Last but not least, Bloodshed. For some reason, I always just really disliked it in the past. It's just been a ton of gore and too much fog. The sets are mostly the same (except for the end, they made a logical change there that I liked), but the actors absolutely saved it this year! I feel like there's more of them, they're better, they're scarier, and it had an energy that I've never seen it have before. It was an awesome surprise and I'm actually really happy with it this season!

Ed Alonzo changed up his show and I'm very sad to say it isn't as impressive as it was the past few years. He's still very funny and there were moments that were hysterical, but the magic wasn't as good and his dancers seemed a bit young.

All in all, it was a good year at Haunt! It wasn't crowded AT ALL Friday night and Saturday was tolerable, nowhere near as insane as it's going to get in a few weeks, but the heat did suck and kind of kill the mood. I recommend waiting until October when it's nice and cool out and splurging for Fright Lane if you can. I chose to deal with the sweat so I could save money and avoid those crazy crowds. Also, if anyone did Skeleton Key, please shoot me a message with details! I'm super curious, especially with the 7 Deadly Sins theme, but I'm a college student who works her butt off but still can't drop all that money of Fright Lane Plus

I felt torn over Carnevil. They needed to do SOMETHING with it, but the entire strange sad clown thing was just off. It wasn't scary, but I guess it could come off as a little creepy? I didn't have the same unease that I did when they had the masks and more traditional scary clown act. It was saved by having an engaging group of actors. I was disappointed with them last year. There were a few that had just grouped together and were sitting around talking to each other and laughing instead of working (it was fairly early in the night, but even if it had been close to closing they still should've been doing their job). There was none of that this year. One guy in particular was having a lot of fun teasing my group and I loved the interaction!

The thing that sucks about CarnEvil is that the actors are so talented and they are given so little to work with. Some of them are so funny, and they work very well. But there's not really anything to scare with. (I would know. I'm in it )