TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

I think it that it should be pointed out that no concept art for the new entrance has been released yet, so we may get a roller coaster that interacts with the entrance like how Gatekeeper and Fury 325 do.

That theory sounds like something that belongs on the KD Discussion Thread

Ahahaha! Troof!

I think it that it should be pointed out that no concept art for the new entrance has been released yet, so we may get a roller coaster that interacts with the entrance like how Gatekeeper and Fury 325 do.

In what way? I'm genuinely curious.

In what way? I'm genuinely curious.

The KD forum is infamous for trying to pull a new coaster rumor out it's a$$, even if it's highly unlikely.

I can see where you're going, but if they were getting something, they would've told us already.

^ I'm thinking a slide as well. I think several CF parks will be getting a new slide for next season thanks to the closure of WWK. Although, I feel like that would not be very cost affective so perhaps one CF park will receive all of the slides from WWK?

Has anyone else realized, Cedar Fair confirmed that a park would be getting a dark ride this year, and WoF is the only park that still has an annoucement pending. Anyone think we're getting a TrioTech?

Cedar Fair never confirmed a dark ride. They confirmed a new digital experience, likely VR at Cedar Point.

If they had something big to announce, they would have done it the 18th, when Season Passes went on sale.

^^Although it was listed on the long term plan, a dark ride was also planned for this year too and that didn't happen, so it's likely that plan has now changed. So unfortunately not no, there's no dark ride coming. It's a major thing that would have been announced along with the other attractions or in the place of.

Has anyone else realized, Cedar Fair confirmed that a park would be getting a dark ride this year, and WoF is the only park that still has an annoucement pending. Anyone think we're getting a TrioTech?

Cedar Fair never confirmed a dark ride. They confirmed a new digital experience, likely VR at Cedar Point.

If they had something big to announce, they would have done it the 18th, when Season Passes went on sale.

My thoughts too. That's why it won't be a coaster or an expensive dark ride. I think a used slide might be pushing it as well but other than just a wifi/fun pix addition I don't know what else it could be

No ^ It's not a coaster. Our capital investments have already been announced. Chances are the announcement will be the concept art, or something like park wide wifi. Maybe even all season Fastlane. I don't see Funpix coming in 2017.

No, it won't be the concept art as he said "one more exciting announcement"

I swear I read somewhere that WOF was one of the parks that was adding FunPix. The Season-Long Fast Lane is coming to most parks next year. It could be that Pre-K pass that KD added.

The announcement is not for Haunt. That was on their facebook page as a comment from WOF.

Here it is: (Original Question) New haunted house for Haunt??!!??! Because those are my FAVORITES!!!!!!!

View previous replies

Worlds of Fun

Worlds of Fun Noooo....but def new Haunt additions this year! Check out website!!

And KD presented fun pix and wifi at their press release. Something tells me Cedar Fair might be trying to one up Six Flags by waiting for coaster announcements. Like Mean Streak. Don't go crazy though.

I would be very surprised if it is a coaster. I would say the chances of that happening are next to none

What else could it be though. I'm not saying it is, i'm just curious now.

Sure. Two flat rides, a new front entrance, and a new coaster, and extending the operating season by two months, all in the same year, for a park with annual attendance of just over a million. Let's think long and hard about that idea.

Okay, that should have been long enough to realize why that isn't happening.

I would be very surprised if it is a coaster. I would say the chances of that happening are next to none

Sure. Two flat rides, a new front entrance, and a new coaster, and extending the operating season by two months, all in the same year, for a park with annual attendance of just over a million. Let's think long and hard about that idea.

They also added Patriot and Prowler within tree years of each other. And with SFSL and SDC in the area why not try to make WOF the destination park in the midwest.

They also added Patriot and Prowler within tree years of each other. And with SFSL and SDC in the area why not try to make WOF the destination park in the midwest.

Have you heard of Geauga Lake?

Worlds of Fun will never match Silver Dollar City for me. Even if they were adding a giga coaster next year on top of everything else, SDC would still be the obvious winner.

Worlds of Fun will never match Silver Dollar City for me. Even if they were adding a giga coaster next year on top of everything else, SDC would still be the obvious winner.

I don't get it though. Never been to SDC, but have been to WOF and SFSL. What's so special about SDC?

With all of the land worlds of fun has and all of the money cedar fair has, worlds of fun, in the next few years or so, could easily become the best park in the Midwest, and even be competition for some of the biggest parks in the country! They could expand so much!