TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

I wonder why they didn't give any concept art of the new front gate area. Don't parks usually do that?

Maybe I missed it in the press release, but I didn't see anything about a new front gate

I wonder why they didn't give any concept art of the new front gate area. Don't parks usually do that?

Maybe I missed it in the press release, but I didn't see anything about a new front gate

The new for 2017 page on the website, and during the live announcement, they talked about a new entrance.

The ride additions are fantastic but if the new entrance is anything like what was done at Carowinds, I'll be really disappointed. Carowinds had such a pretty entrance and now it is just a treeless wasteland with tons of gray and concrete (obviously Fury being there is the plus). I really liked WoF's entrance when I visited the park a few weeks ago and I hope the new entrance will maintain the charm the rest of the park still surprisingly has. I really liked the current entrance gate (although I felt like it could use a really nice big sign of the park's name over it)

The ride additions are fantastic but if the new entrance is anything like what was done at Carowinds, I'll be really disappointed. Carowinds had such a pretty entrance and now it is just a treeless wasteland with tons of gray and concrete (obviously Fury being there is the plus). I really liked WoF's entrance when I visited the park a few weeks ago and I hope the new entrance will maintain the charm the rest of the park still surprisingly has. I really liked the current entrance gate (although I felt like it could use a really nice big sign of the park's name over it)

They mentioned it having, from what I understood, cultural theming based off of each section at the park, plus a waterfall. I think it will be a bit different than what we've been seeing lately.

Just got done talking with Eric (PR) - the park will release concept art for the front gate and new catering area at a later date. The new catering pavilions will be located over by Tivoli Music Hall, in the area where Tivoli East and the employee entrance are currently. Lots of change will happen in this area. It's pretty exciting that this will finally look like a front gate area.

In other news, Le Carrousel will be retired after this season. Falcon's Flight will be located there.

Ok, so where exactly are the two new rides going to be located?

Falcons Flight will be located where Le Carousel is, and Mustang Runner will be where all the markings are. It was specifically stated to go where the old kids bumper cars were.

Also, do we know where these rides came from other than just Europe?

Falcons Flight will be located where Le Carousel is, and Mustang Runner will be where all the markings are. It was specifically stated to go where the old kids bumper cars were.

Well, the Condor and the Troika that Worlds of Fun is installing are from the Netherlands. The Troika that Carowinds is installing is from Scotland. Also, the Top Scan, the Musik Express, and the Wave Swinger that went to Carowinds I believe came from the Netherlands as well. The only ride they found in Germany according to this article was the Break Dance ride that was speculated to be opening up at Carowinds, although it wasn’t in the plans released yesterday. The Troika that Dorney Park is receiving may have also came from Europe but, as the same article mentions Cedar Fair looking in Japan next, they may have found that Troika in Japan.

I only go to the park once or twice a year, so I'm not really familiar with where the rides are located (other than rollercoasters and big flat rides). I figured Falcon's Flight is in the Europa section, but what about Mustang Runner? Americana I'm guessing?

And a couple more questions that I seem to be out of the loop on: Is the entrance being completely relocated to a different area, or just being remodeled? And do we have an exact date that we are going to see concept art?

Sorry for the rush of questions, I just feel like I'm missing a lot of information about this.

I only go to the park once or twice a year, so I'm not really familiar with where the rides are located (other than rollercoasters and big flat rides). I figured Falcon's Flight is in the Europa section, but what about Mustang Runner? Americana I'm guessing?

And a couple more questions that I seem to be out of the loop on: Is the entrance being completely relocated to a different area, or just being remodeled? And do we have an exact date that we are going to see concept art?

Sorry for the rush of questions, I just feel like I'm missing a lot of information about this.

Mustang Runner is going across from Detonator where the former kiddie bumper cars were (yellow building)

I did some research today, and it looks like both Falcons Flight and Mustang Runner are from Slagharen. There was only one condor located in the Netherlands, and that was at Slagharen. There is only two troikas in the Netherlands, and the troika not located at Slagharen has very heavily themed vehicles, so that wouldn't match what was shown in the picture of Mustang Runner. So, I guess that's pretty cool

It's just concept art. You'll notice you can see Timber Wolf in the concept art as well and there's no way you can see it from Europa. Makes me wonder if this was originally going where ThunderHawk was.

It'll be interesting to see what happens over there as that ride plot remains vacant for another season.

i highly doubt that the rides we are adding are currently operating in a park. Considers ring they were bought last year I almost guarantee that they are not the ones at Slagharen.

That's interesting. If that's the case, then they aren't from the Netherlands because the other troika is still listed on its park website and the vehicles are very themed, which wouldn't really fit in at wof. Also, the condor at Slagharen is, I believe, the only condor in the Netherlands.