TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Okay! I'm sold! I'm thinking new entrance and roller coaster! Hard hats? . . . Shovels? . . . For two flat rides? They're breaking ground on something MASSIVE!

I so want to agree with you but then again, I *really* don't want to get my hopes up, only to be let down... Just 32 more minutes till the announcement!

Okay! I'm sold! I'm thinking new entrance and roller coaster! Hard hats? . . . Shovels? . . . For two flat rides? They're breaking ground on something MASSIVE!

I so want to agree with you but then again, I *really* don't want to get my hopes up, only to be let down... Just 32 more minutes till the announcement!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up either, but it's so convincing at this point. But I'll retain myself until 11. I'll try. LOL.

Looks like Dorney is getting a Troika. Thats unexpected...I wonder if that one was going to go to WoF? I know the LA Times article cited Carowinds and WoF getting them.

Carowinds got some flats, it seems that Do-Si-Do is maybe a Troika as well? - hard to tell from photo and I'm not a flat expert That would be the two CF apparently acquired;

https://www.carowinds.com/experience-2017/county-fair

https://www.dorneypark.com/what-s-new/2017-announcement

^^ Yep the "Do-Si-Do" is a troika.

Well...then its possible that have been the one that was quoted as ours. If a big investment was coming, I could see them passing on one of the flats.

Trying to keep my expectations in check but an entrance coaster almost makes sense. Almost.

Two New Thrilling Rides and the Introduction of WinterFest at Worlds of Fun in 2017

943121836_ScreenShot2016-08-18at12_56_27.png.bd57a48210f9e7703c5f240f847b725e.png

KANSAS CITY, Mo., Aug. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Worlds of Fun announced today it will be adding two new unique and thrilling rides in 2017, as well as a completely redesigned front gate to enhance the guest experience next season.

- Falcon's Flight – A hair-raising thrill at nearly 100 feet above the ground. This ride spins and rises at the same time and holds more than 50 riders at a time.

- Mustang Runner – Three arms with seven gondolas per arm turn one way while the base of the ride spins the other direction.

"We couldn't be more pleased to add two new rides for guests to enjoy. These classic amusement park rides will add thrills unlike anything in the Midwest," said Worlds of Fun General Manager, Frank Wilburn.

But that's not all. Families will be able to ring in the holidays next season and enjoy what is sure to be a new family tradition. WinterFest is coming to Worlds of Fun, showcasing 16 favorite holiday characters, spectacular light displays, ice skating, and festive live entertainment. The park will be transformed into a winter wonderland for six weeks beginning November 24, 2017.

"While rides and water slides are the focus for the summer, we pride ourselves on creating memories for families. What better way to create more memories than during Winterfest by starting a new holiday family tradition in Kansas City," Wilburn added.

WinterFest is included with the purchase of a 2017 Gold Season Pass. Passes are on sale now and also include one visit to the park in 2016.

399066.jpeg.f95df9a9c440f336e5dd6d13595bdc6b.jpeg

Wow...Since KI, Carowinds and WOF got Winterfest, that means KD got left out in the cold again! Unless that Saturday announcement for KD is something big enough to make people not even care about Winterfest. I honestly thought that green B&M was coming to WOF. Now I'm not even sure anymore. Who in the heck is getting that green B&M?

Wow...Since KI, Carowinds and WOF got Winterfest, that means KD got left out in the cold again! Unless that Saturday announcement for KD is something big enough to make people not even care about Winterfest.

I mean... there's a wood coaster just sitting there closed for maintenance for the entire season with no visible maintenance actually happening which is unprecedented and with the only major additions being a moderately priced GCI and a Hotel Breakers upgrade it would seem that Cedar Fair has some money left over to spend. I'm not saying it will happen but the potential is there for them to hit us with an RMC hurler conversion.

Plus locals can just drive to Six Flags America or BGW for a Christmas event anyway so they might not care too much.

Edited by coasterbill

Wow...Since KI, Carowinds and WOF got Winterfest, that means KD got left out in the cold again! Unless that Saturday announcement for KD is something big enough to make people not even care about Winterfest. I honestly thought that green B&M was coming to WOF. Now I'm not even sure anymore. Who in the heck is getting that green B&M?

The green B&M is probably going somewhere random, where 99% of us will never ride it...

As for KD and Winterfest, what's to say that won't be part of the announcement for KD... along with RMC Hurler!