TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

I know B&M have that 10 year rule about coasters being too close together,

Dorney Park and Six Flags Great Adventure got B&M's the same year back in 2001 and they're only about 100 miles from each other. I really don't believe that this rule exists.

Dorney Park and Six Flags Great Adventure got B&M's the same year back in 2001 and they're only about 100 miles from each other. I really don't believe that this rule exists.

I don't think they will add two coasters of the same type too close together in ten years. SFGA got a hyper coaster in 2001 and DP got an inverted coaster.

Also, SDC got Wildfire in 2001 and WoF got Patriot in 2006. But, Patriot might've been earlier if SF St. Louis wouldn't have gotten an inverted coaster in 1995. I think this rule is one of the main reason SDC was rumored at one point to get a B&M Invert next year because Patriot is ten years old.

I don't think they will add two coasters of the same type too close together in ten years. SFGA got a hyper coaster in 2001 and DP got an inverted coaster.

Also, SDC got Wildfire in 2001 and WoF got Patriot in 2006. But, Patriot might've been earlier if SF St. Louis wouldn't have gotten an inverted coaster in 1995. I think this rule is one of the main reason SDC was rumored at one point to get a B&M Invert next year because Patriot is ten years old.

Carowinds and Six Flags Over Georgia (Which are only about 20 miles farther apart from WOF and SFStL) got inverts in 1997 (Batman) and 1999 (Afterburn). Also, Great Bear at Hershey, Batman at SFGAdv, and Talon at Dorney got built in under 10 years.

I don't think the 11 year pause between Batman and Patriot means anything.

I know that Cedar Point paid B&M when they built Raptor to prevent other parks from building an invert within 250 miles. But they paid for that right and it wasn't a general rule

Yes, that's why Canada's Wonderland got a Vekoma SLC in 1995 instead of a B&M inverted coaster. The "rule" only existed then for a year or two because Cedar Point installed Rapor, which was the first inverted coaster in the area so that way people would flock there instead of going to their competitors.

Thing is, if a coaster was coming, especially one as large as a B&M, we'd have seen large scale land clearing by now along with lots of teasing. None of those things have happened unfortunately so it's so unlikely.

I'm not saying a coaster is coming, but the front lawn doesn't really need any clearing to house a coaster.

The teaser says 4 things. I doubt one is a huge coaster

Thing is, if a coaster was coming, especially one as large as a B&M, we'd have seen large scale land clearing by now along with lots of teasing. None of those things have happened unfortunately so it's so unlikely.

I'm not saying a coaster is coming, but the front lawn doesn't really need any clearing to house a coaster.

56793950.jpg

Well one thing is for sure. We know 2 of the 4 things. Possibly the third in a new entrance.

Maybe it's a new dipping dots stand with a light show added!

Would they announce a new coaster/entrance combo this year only to build the coaster starting next season for 2018? It would spread the capital expenditures over two years. Call me crazy just my two cents.

56793950.jpg

Yeah I know. I'm out of practice, been on Summer Vacation. Give me a couple of weeks of being back at school teaching and I will be on my "A-game" when it comes to dealing with stupid people

I've heard from the merchandise department the building at the front of the park with Sweet Spot and Norma's Funnel cakes is indeed coming down. Also heard Sweet Spot will move to Planet Snoopy.

Well that falls in line with the new front gate rumor. I'm not sure about the Sweet Spot going to Planet Snoopy. Not sure where it would go unless they build a new building. It might be a better idea to put it where The Lift is currently.

Yes. I'm sure the new gate will be right in that area. Sweet Spot might be too small to move in there, but that would be great to see that happen.

A better idea would be to move Cinnabon and Caribou Coffee to the Lift as that'll be at the front gate and would provide more indoor dining/seating for the "morning rush". Sweet Spot can then take over Cinnabon in Front Street and combine with Sally's Sweets into one store (which should happen anyway). The Lift can be downsized and put where Caribou Coffee currently is (or it could be eliminated completely and the current Caribou could stay as a 2nd location with grab and go Cinnabon).

With the removal of the Baltic Bazaar shops, they'll need to build another Funnel Cake shop. My suggestion is the old barn shaped shop across from the Scandinavian Coke Freestyle.

Hope the new facade/entrance for Tivoli Music Hall happens because it'll have a lot more traffic with the new entrance

I'm thinking this project might be bigger than we are expecting. WoF is advertising their project quite a bit more than other CF parks that I follow are advertising theirs.

Two things I found from WoF Twitter page today:

image.thumb.jpeg.b2aef36362d62dc012546f2685d844e1.jpeg

I'm not sure how long ago this was, but they've changed their bio.

image.thumb.jpeg.56853ce6a898a9f1153f8b3ed6c33728.jpeg

This was the image they tweeted and they said it's all the details for Thursday's announcement.

Maybe that first part says that they will completely be moving the front entrance?

Yeah, but I wonder what the ride(s) are because the bio says "soon to be home of ❓❓❓❓‼️." They wouldn't say "soon to be home of a new entrance". We are expecting the two flats, but I feel like they are making this sound like a bigger deal. Also, didn't we say there would be four new things at one point? Two flats, potential new entrance, and what else?

Maybe that first part says that they will completely be moving the front entrance?

Yeah, but I wonder what the ride(s) are because the bio says "soon to be home of ❓❓❓❓‼️." They wouldn't say "soon to be home of a new entrance". We are expecting the two flats, but I feel like they are making this sound like a bigger deal. Also, didn't we say there would be four new things at one point? Two flats, potential new entrance, and what else?

Well, that green track does need a new home, and in 2017 it will have been 8 years since a new coaster, and 11 since the last B&M.

Maybe, one of the new flats will be the center of attention for the 2017 addition. The ride would have to be something quite special, not like a small family ride. Maybe it could be a high thrill ride like a Sky Roller?

I don't know, from what I heard, the sky roller at Canada's Wonderland wasn't so successful... And I don't think that they would make such a big deal out of just flat rides. They hint to a new big attraction all the time!

And didn't WoF start teasing for next year really early in the season? I know I saw the below image in probably April. You don't tease a year in advance for flat rides. Who knows, plans could've changed since then. Is the banner still up?

I didn't realize how much free land WoF has. A front-gate coaster could take all the land in red in the image below and there is even more available. Is there a rule to how close rides can be to the road? I correctly circled the location of the entrance in blue, right? I haven't been to the park in over a year and don't remember exactly where it is.

image.jpeg.10e970094bf1ae4ba094e6932e07373a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c357eae3de161855d936842855f845c8.jpeg