TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

This slide complex just opened at Beech Bend. I would love for an exact clone to come to Oceans of Fun. It could replace Diamond Head or Aruba Tuba and I wouldn't mind one bit.

Right now, I feel the Worlds of Fun side needs more attention than Oceans. I think the dry parks needs a large new, thrilling attraction before they start to invest heavier into the water park. The last large expansion was at the water park with the 6 slide complex in 2013. Unless you're scared of heights, that's the last thrilling attraction we receivedc

This slide complex just opened at Beech Bend. I would love for an exact clone to come to Oceans of Fun. It could replace Diamond Head or Aruba Tuba and I wouldn't mind one bit.

Right now, I feel the Worlds of Fun side needs more attention than Oceans. I think the dry parks needs a large new, thrilling attraction before they start to invest heavier into the water park. The last large expansion was at the water park with the 6 slide complex in 2013. Unless you're scared of heights, that's the last thrilling attraction we receivedc

That's very true. Then again, it seems we are more likely to get an oceans of fun addition than worlds of fun. I'm still wondering when they will announce what is coming in 2017. Makes me feel that they are missing out on an opportunity to at least get some hype for 2017.

I was thinking the two Huss rides and this slide complex. Surely the flats were on this year's budget so that opens up money for next year's. Also, you cannot deny OOF needs more capacity than it currently has.

There are other things going on at the park next year that will be costing a lot of money, so I would guess the two rides are the extent of the new rides.

I was thinking the two Huss rides and this slide complex. Surely the flats were on this year's budget so that opens up money for next year's. Also, you cannot deny OOF needs more capacity than it currently has.

There are other things going on at the park next year that will be costing a lot of money, so I would guess the two rides are the extent of the new rides.

We'll see if that front gate and new facade/upgrades to Tivoli finally come to fruition. They've only been planned and then put on the back burner for at least 3 years now

We'll see if that front gate and new facade/upgrades to Tivoli finally come to fruition. They've only been planned and then put on the back burner for at least 3 years now

I've heard the new front gate is happening.

I guess the real question then is - will Fjord Fjairlane be moved elsewhere or retired (I'd be all for it being moved to Europa). They will also need to add some additional catered meal areas because it will take out Tivoli East and Central.

I guess the real question then is - will Fjord Fjairlane be moved elsewhere or retired (I'd be all for it being moved to Europa). They will also need to add some additional catered meal areas because it will take out Tivoli East and Central.

No! anything but the Fjarlane!!! That was my favorite ride growing up as a kid. When I was about 5 or 6 I couldn't pronounce the name of the ride, and I actually pronounced the J's the way they would be pronounced in english. It has always been the traditional first ride of the park for me

In fact, my 2 favorite rides before I grew big enough were the octopus, and the Fjarlane. I can't handle losing both of them!

I'm not gonna be one to get over hyped for something, or set my hopes too high, but it will be very interesting if the new entrance doesn't come next year, which its expected that it won't. I've heard a few ops telling guests that they have heard of a launched entrance coaster coming in 2018. That pretty much sums up some of the rumors we have been hearing over the past few months. I don't want to set my hopes too high, but this feels very credible.

I am beginning to think that we will see the two new flats and that will be all the park gets next year. Valleyfair has announced a release on their 2017 plans and KI has already made their announcement. With WOF being kinda hush hush I don't see them announcing anything but the flats. Just my opinion though.

I tried to search building permits for WOF and the most recent one was for Planet Snoopy this year

I tried to search building permits for WOF and the most recent one was for Planet Snoopy this year

So did you miss or purposely skip over the addition to Tivoli?

I did. I think what happened when I last checked was I sorted my the day updated on the KC website instead of date applied for. My bad. I see that one now!

I'll be visiting Worlds of Fun this Friday and I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips or suggestions for my visit!

I know a good bit about the park but have never visited. Feel free to be as detailed as you want! I love advice.

I would start with Boomerang. It's a very low-capacity ride that can have very long lines. Lines shouldn't be bad for much else.

I'll be visiting Worlds of Fun this Friday and I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips or suggestions for my visit!

I know a good bit about the park but have never visited. Feel free to be as detailed as you want! I love advice.

Haven't been before, but it's always a good idea to start with the low capacity stuff, so hit up Spinning Dragons and maybe Boomerang (If you want to go on it, that is) first.

Spinning Dragons should be your first destination. Everything else will be minimal wait as most people will be over in Oceans of Fun as the heat index is expected to be 110 or higher. Take care of yourself and keep hydrated. Free water is available at all restaurants.

Read a reply on Twitter from wof stating that the 2017 announcement will take place on the 18th. Just a gut feeling of mine, but I feel we will be getting more than just two flat rides. I think a sky roller ride would be cool, but then again, that would be yet another spinning ride, as would the other two flats.

Will you be doing the water slides? If yes, just pick up a Fast Lane+ pass. If no, then - as posted above - most coasters will have short lines as most peeps wander over the Oceans of Fun a few hours after opening.

Read a reply on Twitter from wof stating that the 2017 announcement will take place on the 18th. Just a gut feeling of mine, but I feel we will be getting more than just two flat rides. I think a sky roller ride would be cool, but then again, that would be yet another spinning ride, as would the other two flats.

I actually never gave a sky roller a thought. That would be an excellent addition for WOF!