TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

I am wanting to check up on the current status for upcoming attractions from the more informed people on the site. Thanks for the answers in advance.

Are we still looking at condor and troika plus a dark ride or is it looking to just be the two rides?

Halloween Haunt

Is London Terror moving indoors by where Timberwolf dumps you out? If so does that mean Carnevil will be moved? Maybe where London Terror was, still keeping it a scare zone. Also any word on if it may switch to feary tales like other CF parks?

Side note I really hope they replace lore of the vampire soon. Blackout is the most interesting and one I would most like to see in the chain. Also I can't wait for them to remove zombie high, but that still has 5+ years left

I am wanting to check up on the current status for upcoming attractions from the more informed people on the site. Thanks for the answers in advance.

Are we still looking at condor and troika plus a dark ride or is it looking to just be the two rides?

Halloween Haunt

Is London Terror moving indoors by where Timberwolf dumps you out? If so does that mean Carnevil will be moved? Maybe where London Terror was, still keeping it a scare zone. Also any word on if it may switch to feary tales like other CF parks?

Side note I really hope they replace lore of the vampire soon. Blackout is the most interesting and one I would most like to see in the chain. Also I can't wait for them to remove zombie high, but that still has 5+ years left

I think for sure a coaster is counted out but getting a dark ride seems likely with all the work being done at the buildings near Timberwolf. I really don't know much about haunt so I can't help you there.

Halloween Haunt

2017: I really haven't heard much lately, but from what I've heard, we should see some new flats, a couple of new, exciting events, and possibly a new front entrance. Haven't heard much of a dark ride lately.

HAUNT: We will find out Wednesday. I work as a screamster, so I know my way around. From what I'm hearing, London will be in the vacant games building next to TimberWolf, while clowns will be moving to the Patriot plaza with a fresh new look. I'll let you know later in the week.

Thanks for all the updates. I hope that if they don't add a new house to the London Terror spot(seems unlikely) that they put a scare zone there as that spot seems perfect. The only scare zone that actually works now it boneyard and that area is setup very similar. I am curious as to why the are planning to move London Terror, I wonder if that has to do with all the guests that wonder into that zone when it is closed during the day.

In follow up to my most recent post, I didn't manage to take very many pictures, however I did manage to have a very much needed good visit at the park following last times visit. The park was running really good! Besides running out of ice at food locations, overall the food locations looked much better than last time. I noticed lots of Dorney Park cups too. The first time I saw two I just figured they were from that area, but then I saw many many more and figured WOF must have ran out of cups and needed Dorney's help in restocking. Coasters were running really well, especially Patriot and Prowler. Mamba was trimmed a lot at the MCBR, as expected, however still delivered some great airtime through the first half of the ride.

Finnish Fling (2 times; my stomach couldn't handle anymore) This might have been the best sight of my day. Usually they run it so most of the riders don't even stick to the wall and lower the floor only a couple inches, however yesterday I stuck! And they lowered the floor well over a couple inches. Not only was it riding really good, but the structure as a whole looked really nice.

Fjord Fjarlane (1) The ride seemed to be running better than usual, however it might be just because I don't typically ride this ride.

Patriot (2) Rode it in the morning, and it was running pretty typical. Had a slight rattle more than usual, but still provided a great ride. Gotta love that zero g roll!

Mamba (2) Mamba seemed to deliver more airtime in the back of the train than usual. I was flying out of my seat! I even greyed out in the helix which usually isn't something that happens to me. It felt good to get misted by the misters on this ride in the helix as well. Great rides!

Boomerang (1) Nothing to be said.

Prowler (1) Only got to ride this once, as a girl had a bloody nose, which shut down the ride for like 10 mins... Great ride though! Running better than I've seen all season!

Timberwolf (1) Running okay in the new sections, decent air, but still not what its former self used to be

Le Taxi Tour (1) Not a ride I typically ride, but it didn't have a line, and I love old Arrow car rides, so I got on. Great family ride.

Detonator (1) Looking for ejector air? Look no further. One of the best S&S towers out there.

Flying Scooters (4) Can't go wrong with a flyer, and WOF is no exception. I had many snaps (more than usual). I am very happy they put this ride in to WOF.

We went to OOF to end the day, and I have to say, it was a great day! The heat brought the crowds to OOF leaving WOF pretty empty. Wasn't quite walk ons but 5-10 min waits (mainly because 1 train operations, besides Mamba). Anyways, this was a much needed visit for me, and earned back my respect to food service! I would rate the day 9.5/10 on WOF standards. That's my mini TR, sorry I didn't have very many pictures. With this being my homepark, I typically don't take many pictures because I already have most of the pictures I would be taking anyways. Thanks!

^I've been riding Timber Wolf in the second row lately and at night that thing is delivering some pretty great ejector airtime and a mostly smooth ride. Once they smooth out the second helix and the final 1/3rd of the ride that thing is going to be pretty solid again!

And new trains, those PTCs are falling apart. Maybe it can get Mean Streak's one day?

I was hoping they would get Thunder Road's old PTC's since the park said they were going to be relocated to another CF park.

Thunder Road had three bench cars, so they would most likely go to a park that uses that style. They don't need those for Timber Wolf. If anything, they need the Millennium Flyers.

I was hoping they would get Thunder Road's old PTC's since the park said they were going to be relocated to another CF park.

Thunder Road had three bench cars, so they would most likely go to a park that uses that style. They don't need those for Timber Wolf. If anything, they need the Millennium Flyers.

So, the trains from Thunder Road could be going to three possible parks within the Cedar Fair chain that use the three bench PTC cars. Those parks are Canada's Wonderland as Mighty Canadian Minebuster uses three bench PTC trains, Kings Island as The Racer uses three bench PTC trains, and Kings Dominion as Rebel Yell uses those trains as well. The trains could be used on The Beast at Kings Island as well, although they're shorter than the current trains so, I doubt we would see that. So, those are three possible parks and coasters they could be appearing on in the future but only if they're in good condition.

So, the trains from Thunder Road could be going to three possible parks within the Cedar Fair chain that use the three bench PTC cars. Those parks are Canada's Wonderland as Mighty Canadian Minebuster uses three bench PTC trains, Kings Island as The Racer uses three bench PTC trains, and Kings Dominion as Rebel Yell uses those trains as well. The trains could be used on The Beast at Kings Island as well, although they're shorter than the current trains so, I doubt we would see that. So, those are three possible parks and coasters they could be appearing on in the future but only if they're in good condition.

There is more then that, without even thinking I also came up with Wolverine Wildcat and Blue Streak

There is more then that, without even thinking I also came up with Wolverine Wildcat and Blue Streak

Yes, you're right! I had forgotten about those. Any of these coasters could receive the trains from Thunder Road.

New for HAUNT 2016:

London Terror: London Terror will be relocated to Bicentennial Square (near Timber Wolf). While I don't know for sure how it will return, it sounds like it will be a scarezone/maze hybrid. You can walk freely into London Terror and face it's denizens, but the square's buildings will be open to anyone who is brave enough to recieve a more face-to-face experience. I don't know the details, but I do know it will no longer be a maze. Additionally, all London Terror makeup will be greyscale.

CarnEvil: CarnEvil will be relocated to Patriot plaza with a new, darker theme. Gone are the bright costumes and cheap masks. Now, guests will face darker, face-painted "hobo" clowns wrecking havoc in a more populated area of the park.

7 Deadly Sins: Each Skeleton Key room will be revamped to reflect one of the seven deadly sins. Guests must prove their innocence to each sin in order to escape.

IMG_1817.thumb.JPG.c5f5b336e7f576c91da2aab0f611cc20.JPG

Layout for London Terror

That's interesting. Of all the Haunts, London Terror was (in my opinion) the least in need of an upgrade. I agree that CarnEVIL needed help and hopefully this is a step in correct direction. So does this mean that Forum Avenue will no longer be used for a HAUNT? Seems like a wasted opportunity as it has been utilized most of the existence of HAUNT. With the now (semi-confirmed) use of the buildings in BiCentennial Square, it really makes me question how the park will go forward with that area. I personally was hoping they would revitalize the area with the new-used Huss rides and possibly a new dark ride.

That's interesting. Of all the Haunts, London Terror was (in my opinion) the least in need of an upgrade. I agree that CarnEVIL needed help and hopefully this is a step in correct direction. So does this mean that Forum Avenue will no longer be used for a HAUNT? Seems like a wasted opportunity as it has been utilized most of the existence of HAUNT. With the now (semi-confirmed) use of the buildings in BiCentennial Square, it really makes me question how the park will go forward with that area. I personally was hoping they would revitalize the area with the new-used Huss rides and possibly a new dark ride.

Opening up Forum Ave. will result in much better guest flow and overall a better experience. As much as I loved London Terror (definitely the best besides Asylum and Bayou last year), it looks like Worlds of Fun is trying something that has never been done.

As CarnEvil goes, I would have preferred that the zone got a new name, but otherwise I'm happy with it. I have chosen to work as a clown this year, so I guess I'll know first hand if it's a flop or not. But the costuming is very intriguing.

As much as I loved London Terror (definitely the best besides Asylum and Bayou last year), it looks like Worlds of Fun is trying something that has never been done.

I guess I don't follow what "has never been done" with regards to London Terror. If the map you posted is accurate there is a definite one way in - one way out to it. This is pretty much the tried and true formula of all of the mazes at WOF. The "wagon and crypt scene" will probably be lifted from the previous version.

As much as I loved London Terror (definitely the best besides Asylum and Bayou last year), it looks like Worlds of Fun is trying something that has never been done.

I guess I don't follow what "has never been done" with regards to London Terror. If the map you posted is accurate there is a definite one way in - one way out to it. This is pretty much the tried and true formula of all of the mazes at WOF. The "wagon and crypt scene" will probably be lifted from the previous version.

I should've taken a picture while I was there, but the first slide in the presentation said "London Terror will no longer be a maze." I don't know what that means. I'm thinking there will be this maze within London Terror, and perhaps London Terror will have an entire zone to itself. I don't know. All I know is that it will be different.

Man that is such a waste if they don't at least make the old London Terror spot a scare zone. I mean at least move the outlaws revenge there as it is terrible in its current spot. I am excited to see what the new London Terror brings though. It does worry me a bit with how crazy that area will be this year.

Edited by Fingers

Man that is such a waste if they don't at least make the old London Terror spot a scare zone. I mean at least move the outlaws revenge there as it is terrible in its current spot. I am excited to see what the new London Terror brings, I am worried that it will make that corner a zoo.

Yeah I agree. I think Outlaw's Revenge needs the most work out of the scarezones. Last year it was very boring.