TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Any new development in the park ?

Wait. I thought you were the "all-knowing" Insider Man who has all these connections.

He just wanted to know if you know.

Thanks Man, but what are you guys hoping for the 2017 addition. Me personally I would like to see a new midway twitch those vintage rides, bright lights at night, restaurants, something like Tempesto but better

There is a lot of space around the Timber Wolf area, especially since the Topspin was taken out last year. They would need to change the access road, but you could easily fit a coaster and a half back there. That being said, I think we'd see more action by now if that were actually happening, like demo of the old Topspin station and a few marking flags.

Looks like they might be saving the Condor and Troika for 2017 additions?

Since Worlds Of Fun Seems To Have Any New News, Any Cedar Fair News?

There actually is construction going on near Thunderhawk. The new HAUNT building has been painting white/grey and there is construction equipment outside (not a construction guy so I couldn't tell you the exact name of the equipment).

There actually is construction going on near Thunderhawk. The new HAUNT building has been painting white/grey and there is construction equipment outside (not a construction guy so I couldn't tell you the exact name of the equipment).

Just think if HEXED got its own house

Photos?

Photos?

Sorry, I didn't get any. It was dark when we got there, so it wouldn't have shown up on my phone. But I will be back Tuesday, so I will get some then.

Today a lifeguard working the Diamondhead told us that they were going to tear Diamondhead down. It didn't sound convincing enough, but with them not running the middle slide all season, you would at least think it would just be that one replaced. I would really hate to see these slides go, considering they just replaced the fiberglass as well a couple years ago. We will have to see though. It seems like whenever a ride grows on me, the park ends up taking it out....

Here's a few pics from my trip to Worlds of Fun. Photos include pics of the new London Terror area.

Also, I got stuck on Steelhawk for 20 minutes about 10 minutes before the park closed. Interesting experience. Gladly, they got us down quickly and safely. Management was on standby to make sure everything was okay.

image.thumb.jpeg.2d3af4b43e4724f730d098d1f2d41da5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.87b87accc8b6bdba2dc9c9829e37089f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8e98cd1cb8ef2c66ecdecb42c37a2fa4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c14534b7f4cfa2eb5624a2e3c11b9b40.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0d9496c8c21a9364303e0def298e76ee.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.461bc5cc45a9481280d3ad302101893b.jpeg

Here's a few pics from my trip to Worlds of Fun. Photos include pics of the new London Terror.

I am still having a hard time believing that this will be a Haunt. The main reason being why would they go through the trouble of adding so many real windows and doors. I was told Entertainment was given these buildings. I would imagine this is more placemaking and perhaps will be our "Ghost Town Alive" area.

Did they have to use the evac system, or was the gondola just eventually lowered?

The gondola was lowered around 15 min. after getting stuck.

Here's a few pics from my trip to Worlds of Fun. Photos include pics of the new London Terror.

I am still having a hard time believing that this will be a Haunt. The main reason being why would they go through the trouble of adding so many real windows and doors. I was told Entertainment was given these buildings. I would imagine this is more placemaking and perhaps will be our "Ghost Town Alive" area.

Perhaps London Terror will be temporary like Asylum, and the building will be used for other purposes in the summer? I don't know. It doesn't look like a maze building either, but unless management was given false info, that's what it will be. I'd really love a blacklit arcade to go in there similar to the one at Great Wolf Lodge. They look fantastic!

Today a lifeguard working the Diamondhead told us that they were going to tear Diamondhead down. It didn't sound convincing enough, but with them not running the middle slide all season, you would at least think it would just be that one replaced. I would really hate to see these slides go, considering they just replaced the fiberglass as well a couple years ago. We will have to see though. It seems like whenever a ride grows on me, the park ends up taking it out....

Seemed fake at first, until I read that Knott's Soak City is removing their Tornado slide next year and possibly shipping it to another park. I mean, as much as I love the slides, I'd much prefer a tornado slide, as Predator's Plunge is very similar to Diamondhead.

As much as I'd hate for them to remove Diamond Head, putting the KBF Tornado there would be a great move. If they situate it correctly then they would be able to access more land over there for future expansions. I like OOF but Hunt Midwest didn't really think ahead with regards to expansion. This is most obvious around Typhoon and Aruba Tuba

As much as I'd hate for them to remove Diamond Head, putting the KBF Tornado there would be a great move. If they situate it correctly then they would be able to access more land over there for future expansions. I like OOF but Hunt Midwest didn't really think ahead with regards to expansion. This is most obvious around Typhoon and Aruba Tuba

The Diamondhead slide structure is probably my favorite, besides the new one of course. If I'm being completely honest, I haven't ridden any of them since at least 2013. I rarely go to Oceans of Fun, and when I do, I'm always on the new slides, because they are incredible. Diamondhead used to be the slides that I would spend most of my time at, but now, I stick to the new ones.

I do not think that Diamondhead is leaving anytime soon, though. Employees usually have no idea what's going on. In 2013, I remember one of them telling me that Patriot was leaving to make way for Steelhawk. The ones who do know something usually don't talk.

I do have to say, though, that a Tornado slide at OOF would be awesome and highly marketable. Slides you can ride with friends or family are always awesome, and the fact that OOF only has one is kinda disappointing. Tornado slides are really thrilling and a ton of fun, so I'd be much happier with a tornado than Diamondhead. While I love those 3 slides, Predator's Plunge does almost the same thing but better.

The Diamondhead slide structure is probably my favorite, besides the new one of course. If I'm being completely honest, I haven't ridden any of them since at least 2013. I rarely go to Oceans of Fun, and when I do, I'm always on the new slides, because they are incredible. Diamondhead used to be the slides that I would spend most of my time at, but now, I stick to the new ones.

I do not think that Diamondhead is leaving anytime soon, though. Employees usually have no idea what's going on. In 2013, I remember one of them telling me that Patriot was leaving to make way for Steelhawk. The ones who do know something usually don't talk.

I do have to say, though, that a Tornado slide at OOF would be awesome and highly marketable. Slides you can ride with friends or family are always awesome, and the fact that OOF only has one is kinda disappointing. Tornado slides are really thrilling and a ton of fun, so I'd be much happier with a tornado than Diamondhead. While I love those 3 slides, Predator's Plunge does almost the same thing but better.

Originally, Predators Plunge was to go where Diamond Head is, so that's why this rumor isn't too far out in left field

Last night there were some interesting things that happened at the park...

Skipping to about 9:30, we had just gotten off of Steelhawk and we were going to get on Timberwolf before fireworks but we were greeted by a wall of employees blocking off the area by the bathrooms across from the trashy shirt place. We tried to go around to the other side to get on Timberwolf but an officer told us to go back the direction we came. We had asked him what happened and he said "can't tell you, go home" which I thought was an interesting statement to tell guests. Then I found a supervisor I knew and he told me they were trying to keep crowds moving, which yes that is understandable, but still, I was questionable about what had happened. I was hoping nothing bad happened on Timberwolf since they had that area shut off. We did a lap around the park instead and talked to an employee working Viking Voyager. He had said they closed that area off because of fireworks drifting in that area, and there was nothing to worry about, however in a matter of 10 mins before the fireworks, they area had reopened.... Strange.... So I was left questionable the whole night. I found out the answer to my question recently. I saw on the news a fight had broken out also in the same spot a fight happened a couple years ago. Luckily the EMT's and Security responded to it. If you want to see the whole article, I'll leave a link http://fox4kc.com/2016/07/05/teen-charged-with-resisting-arrest-assault-on-officers-after-fight-at-worlds-of-fun/

With the increased security measures being taken at not only Worlds of fun but other Cedar Fair parks, I saw many things I don't normally see. I saw a couple people being removed from the park in cuffs which I don't usually see. I'm glad they are stepping up their security, especially on the OOF side due to recent incidents.

Steelhawk got stuck again! It seems like this is an almost everyday incident for the park.

Also something else I saw while leaving the park, (WOF Avenue was closed, so we had to leave out OOF lot) I saw a bus parked in the toll booth area, however I later found out it wasn't parked... The bus had collided with the toll booth, almost completely tearing the roof of the tole building off!

Over all, it was a pretty fun night setting aside the incidents. I would say something WOF needs to work on now is food employee's knowledge and behavior. This guy working the pizza place at Oceans was cursing and I'm pretty sure he pocketed the cash on the order in front of us. A few visits ago the guy working didn't know what a Platinum pass was or the all season dining plan.... Anyways, thats my little rant... I forgot to mention fireworks were really good! Probably one of the better displays I've seen before.

Food stands and resturaunts is the biggest negative in my opinion for this park. We had a cashier pocket all of the cash for our drinks at the pizza place by the new taco stand. Chickie and Pete's is getting straight up disgusting. Food has been cold, trash laying all over the place, tables are always dirty, and the floor is always coated in a thin layer of soda. The employees are always socializing rather than working. The way the food stands and resturaunts are ran really just make me disappointed and angry. They used to be really good, but now it just feels out of control.

Last night there were some interesting things that happened at the park...

Skipping to about 9:30, we had just gotten off of Steelhawk and we were going to get on Timberwolf before fireworks but we were greeted by a wall of employees blocking off the area by the bathrooms across from the trashy shirt place. We tried to go around to the other side to get on Timberwolf but an officer told us to go back the direction we came. We had asked him what happened and he said "can't tell you, go home" which I thought was an interesting statement to tell guests. Then I found a supervisor I knew and he told me they were trying to keep crowds moving, which yes that is understandable, but still, I was questionable about what had happened. I was hoping nothing bad happened on Timberwolf since they had that area shut off. We did a lap around the park instead and talked to an employee working Viking Voyager. He had said they closed that area off because of fireworks drifting in that area, and there was nothing to worry about, however in a matter of 10 mins before the fireworks, they area had reopened.... Strange.... So I was left questionable the whole night. I found out the answer to my question recently. I saw on the news a fight had broken out also in the same spot a fight happened a couple years ago. Luckily the EMT's and Security responded to it. If you want to see the whole article, I'll leave a link http://fox4kc.com/2016/07/05/teen-charged-with-resisting-arrest-assault-on-officers-after-fight-at-worlds-of-fun/

I actually worked at that "trashy shirt place" back in 2014 during July 4th weekend. I was there when that fight broke out. It was cray. I would've been super freaked out if not for my supervisor warning me way ahead of time that there tends to be fighting every year on that weekend. I'm not surprised it happened again, and in that area. It's kind of a bottleneck on both sides; you've got a large circular plaza with a smaller path out on both ends. Get a hundred or so sweaty, hormonal teenagers mashed together in there, and, well, something's bound to happen.

Kinda surprised WOF hasn't come up with a way to avoid this, since they absolutely know that fights like these happen pretty much every year on this exact holiday weekend.

Sad to hear that the food & drink places are going downhill. I often see complaints about the attitudes and actions of WOF employees and it just makes me wonder if it's really THAT bad of a job? I suppose it could be that most of them are teens who were probably pressured into getting a job by their parents and are thus spending their summer vacation working instead of getting to do their own thing. But even then, they should be getting better training for how to deal with park guests.

For me, I wasn't actually an employee of WOF itself, 'cause the airbrush stand I worked at is actually run by an outside company (which also runs the face paint & henna stands). And it sounds like I got lucky, 'cause my employer was AMAZING. I'm autistic and originally applied to do rice jewelry, not knowing that the rice jewelry was a part of the face painting stand. My manager and I talked about my disability at the end of auditions and we both agreed that face painting wasn't going to work out for me (I'm not good at small talk and looking people in the eye, both not good qualities for a face painter). He asked his supervisors in other departments if there were any openings, and they got me on at the airbrush stand because I'd be mostly interacting with the airbrush rather than people, LOL. My co-workers were AMAZING, and everyone was so super-accommodating. I don't think I'll ever find a job as nice as that one in terms of how understanding they were of my limitations (I once had to call in sick the morning of my shift because I woke up having a major panic attack that had me in tears for hours).

So... anyway, I've been a lurker for quite a while and read all the threads for my favorite parks, and just happened to read this and was moved to finally join in on the conversation.