TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

^This guy cracks me up. You do have to admit that the path in the picture you posted on the last page doesn't look amazing, but at the same time it's a pathway and it's not like we're driving on it.

Timberwolf's condition was and is more concerning than the pathways, and I would take a nice, new, shiny coaster over new pavement any day. The park has been doing tons to its infrastructure over the past 5-10 years and I'm sure they will continue to do more. The same cannot really be said for its thrill ride department.

You do have to admit that the path in the picture you posted on the last page doesn't look amazing, but at the same time it's a pathway and it's not like we're driving on it.

Timberwolf's condition was and is more concerning than the pathways, and I would take a nice, new, shiny coaster over new pavement any day. The park has been doing tons to its infrastructure over the past 5-10 years and I'm sure they will continue to do more. The same cannot really be said for its thrill ride department.

Well clearly that area is being prepped for something. Whenever WOF redoes an area the old asphalt is usually torn up and replaced with cement or pavers. The area from SteelHawk to around by Patriot is a good example - as is all of Planet Snoopy.

The infrastructure had to be taken care of because a lot of what was there was original and Hunt Midwest sure as heck didn't do anything to preserve it. The Viking Voyager is basically a new ride with the pumps all fixed, the filtration all fixed and the troughs all getting refiberglassed.

They have also started the next round of restroom upgrades. They redid the ones up in Planet Snoopy this year and it sounds like the ones in Europa and Americana will be done next year.

Regarding thrill rides, we know that at least two will be added next year already. While some might not call them "high thrill rides" they are something completely different than what has been seen in the area. The closest examples of either ride would be Chicago (or DFW).

Well that wasn't the case until Grapeslie and Insiderman came in and posted things clear out in left field.

For the most part we've been discussing the changes in Bicentennial Square and the weird sign and markers.

I'm not even gonna comment, let's just hope for the best next year

Why does it seem that nearly every Cedar Fair thread I look at is currently arguing about something?

Chill, my friends.

If you think it's isolated to Cedar Fair threads, you must not visit the Dollywood thread much.

Why does it seem that nearly every Cedar Fair thread I look at is currently arguing about something?

Chill, my friends.

Could be something in the popcorn/pizza/soda.

Well that wasn't the case until Grapeslie and Insiderman came in and posted things clear out in left field.

For the most part we've been discussing the changes in Bicentennial Square and the weird sign and markers.

I'm not even gonna comment, let's just hope for the best next year

Yet you did.

Went to the park yesterday morning and only lasted 2 hours before deciding the heat was just not worth it!

Good news was that in those two hours I got to marathon Prowler for 10 rides, and also snagged rides on Mamba and the Flyers. Everything was only operating one train (I've been to the park 4 times this year and haven't seen a second train operate on any roller coaster yet) but Prowler was so dead I didn't even have to get off.

The op at Flyers thought I was crazy for wanting to ride a "kids ride" and then smiled as he realized that I knew how to ride them!

At risk of continuing drama - I agree that the park just looked sad yesterday. That section where Moulin Rouge is located and also the area from Viking all the way to Prowler is in desperate need of a refresh of pavement and landscaping. I will say that the section near Steelhawk and the fountain looks really nice. Hope they keep up that improvement.

I've seemed to notice that the park does want to improve general infrastructure like paths and such. The problem is the concentrate most of it to the newer areas or more traveled areas. The spots that haven't seen new additions in years are getting really run down. Hopefully, they will eventually get to other parts of the park like the Scandinavia section by Flying Dutchman.

I've seemed to notice that the park does want to improve general infrastructure like paths and such. The problem is the concentrate most of it to the newer areas or more traveled areas. The spots that haven't seen new additions in years are getting really run down. Hopefully, they will eventually get to other parts of the park like the Scandinavia section by Flying Dutchman.

If it's by Flying Dutchman, that's Europa.

If it's by Flying Dutchman, that's Europa.

Good point, I don't visit that area much, so I wasn't sure if that was Europa or part of Scandinavia. I honestly used to think that they were the same section in a way, but I guess not.

I heard from a friend that London terror is going to be moved into the buildings by Timberwolf's exit. I also over heard a ride op mention we will be getting one ride going where Thunderhawk was. Pretty much everything we've kind of rumored to happen is true. But then again, employees more than likely don't have the full story.

Security has been really heightened at the park with metal detectors and increased bag checks. Even though there is a greater security presence, some people still act very bad. I saw this group of thuggy teens absolutely trash the men's bathroom over by Zulu. It's sad how people with now respect act. I'd like to see the park have more monitoring of what's going on in the park.

I heard from a friend that London terror is going to be moved into the buildings by Timberwolf's exit. I also over heard a ride op mention we will be getting one ride going where Thunderhawk was. Pretty much everything we've kind of rumored to happen is true. But then again, employees more than likely don't have the full story.

Security has been really heightened at the park with metal detectors and increased bag checks. Even though there is a greater security presence, some people still act very bad. I saw this group of thuggy teens absolutely trash the men's bathroom over by Zulu. It's sad how people with now respect act. I'd like to see the park have more monitoring of what's going on in the park.

Awesome, that's pretty smart. I wonder what it would be like to have London Terror in its own house