TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

I came here from Screamscape to see if anything new was found for WoF lol. Does look to be GCI at KI but who knows really. Gets me excited about what might be in the works for WoF though! Has anyone been to the park and seen any changes lately?

I came here from Screamscape to see if anything new was found for WoF lol. Does look to be GCI at KI but who knows really. Gets me excited about what might be in the works for WoF though! Has anyone been to the park and seen any changes lately?

There are no new markers, demolitions or land clearing so I doubt anything on a coaster scale is coming. Though, they have blocked off all the buildings excluding the arcade in bicentennial square. I have a really strong feeling we're getting a dark ride next year.

Imagine being around when OE got knocked down and everyone was certain it was gonna be Patriot going there. Still a shame all that land is unused.

So Cedar Fairs capital investment next year is just a 10 million dollar GCI wooden roller coaster

That's if they stick with one coaster. That could either mean they are investing in another similar size attraction in the same year, or are saving up for rather large 2018 investments. I'm not going to cry wolf or anything, but screamscape did have a rumor stating we could get a launched coaster in 2018. Maybe another park could get a coaster too. Just a little theory of mine

Lower your expectations.

So Cedar Fairs capital investment next year is just a 10 million dollar GCI wooden roller coaster

That's if they stick with one coaster. That could either mean they are investing in another similar size attraction in the same year, or are saving up for rather large 2018 investments. I'm not going to cry wolf or anything, but screamscape did have a rumor stating we could get a launched coaster in 2018. Maybe another park could get a coaster too. Just a little theory of mine

I still would not be surprised to see a Tempesto clone come to WOF.

That's what I'm thinking could be coming at the minimum. I can only hope for custom though.

There's a full dumpster of former decorations and flats from inside the old games building behind it. You can only see if from SteelHawk so no photos. Did find it odd that the area is now fenced off (see photo)

What if it was a restaurant moving in there, like there moving that BBQ place to make room for what Evers coming next year, the markers are literally right in front of the restaurant

That's what I'm thinking could be coming at the minimum. I can only hope for custom though.

A Tempesto clone would be an excelent addition. They are really fun and forceful rides and it would be just the right size for a small coperate park.

There's a full dumpster of former decorations and flats from inside the old games building behind it. You can only see if from SteelHawk so no photos. Did find it odd that the area is now fenced off (see photo)

What if it was a restaurant moving in there, like there moving that BBQ place to make room for what Evers coming next year, the markers are literally right in front of the restaurant

The markers are no where near the restaurant. For someone who claims to have insider knowledge you sure don't know the park very well.

The markers are no where near the restaurant. For someone who claims to have insider knowledge you sure don't know the park very well.

Battlecreek is surely close enough to the markers

Battlecreek is surely close enough to the markers

No. Really it's not. Are you confusing the ICEE shop or Viddle Griddle with Battlecreek?

WOF has no business adding anything until they sink some money into repairing their paths! This park is rotting and turning into an embarrassment!

It appears YOU haven't been to the park in the last decade.

Been there twice this year. Nearly every path is crumbling!

I've seen a lot of new concrete and asphalt this year. What spots are you thinking of? The only path i know of that's somewhat rough is the long stretch from Detonator to Mamba.

Those markers everyone is talking about are closer to the train station and the old bumper car building than anything else. I doubt they would be moving battlecreek for the new additions.