TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

I am very familiar with the park. Any things possible, the sky is the limit, it's kinda aggravating that you guy's imagination is dull, lack creativity, oh and by the way I probably know the ins and outs of the park way better than anyone of you do , my name is Insider Man for a reason

Is it because the name hadn't already been taken by someone else?

Look son, no one cares what you think you may know. That crap doesn't fly here on TPR.

Timber Wolf: It was very much 'OK.' Then we hit the helix and I hated my life. Time for a bonfire. (x1)

OK, let's not have any bonfires please. Yes, Timber Wolf is very much "OK" these days after it has been re-engineered and and rebuilt up to just before the helix. Most of the airtime and action has been eliminated from the ride. The rehab project has been split up into four years and they just finished up round two a few months ago. The helix is scheduled to be up next in 2017. If all goes as planned the rest of the ride should be done in 2018.

I am very familiar with the park. Any things possible, the sky is the limit, it's kinda aggravating that you guy's imagination is dull, lack creativity, oh and by the way I probably know the ins and outs of the park way better than anyone of you do , my name is Insider Man for a reason

Look son, no one cares what you think you may know. That crap doesn't fly here on TPR.

And may I ask who are you to set rules and regulations. Look half of the things you guys put on here is straight BS, but it's only when I post something it's a problem, I'm not gonna start with yawl

And may I ask who are you to set rules and regulations. Look half of the things you guys put on here is straight BS, but it's only when I post something it's a problem, I'm not gonna start with yawl

Oh to be young and know it all again.

The moderators have said numerous times that that particular style of posting will not be tolerated, but by all means do continue, it is entertaining to see what all you come up with.

Edited by PhantomPoster32

He speaks from experience. When PhantomPoster32 first started on these boards, he spouted some crap about knowing insider stuff, and we all called him on it. He's changed a lot since then and is actually cool now--or at least, as cool as any of us who obsess about this stuff can be. Which is honestly not very cool at all. Buy hey, do what you like, and have fun with it.

He speaks from experience. When PhantomPoster32 first started on these boards, he spouted some crap about knowing insider stuff, and we all called him on it. He's changed a lot since then and is actually cool now--or at least, as cool as any of us who obsess about this stuff can be. Which is honestly not very cool at all. Buy hey, do what you like, and have fun with it.

I think it's funny how everyone talks down to him like that. He's been on this site years before anybody else here has. And I guarantee you, he has more connections than InsiderMan will ever have.

I think it's funny how everyone talks down to him like that. He's been on this site years before anybody else here has. And I guarantee you, he has more connections than InsiderMan will ever have.

Well, I've been associated with the industry for about 20 years now so I was bound to meet some people and make lasting friendships along the way. The amusement industry is really a lot smaller than people want to make it seem.

Actually he hasn't even been on the site for one year yet, let alone years, unless he used to have a different username that I don't know about.

I was at the park today. Nothing really cool happened today. Though, they really need to get Fury of The Nile's water under control. It smells so bad and in lots of areas has brown / green foam bubbling up from the bacteria in the water. It's really gross and smells like something died in it It seemed they added chlorine to it, but didn't seem to change much.

An entrance to the most dead and run down (my opinion) area of the park? Sure, why not...

I know you're not overly familiar with the park, but Africa stretches from Prowler to Monsoon. It's a big "land" and is far from dead. It has the most rollercoasters and thrill rides of any section.

I know, I just didn't enjoy that side of the park nearly as much as the areas. It just has a run down vibe, or at least that's how I experienced it.

I didn't know we were among such important company. I don't know whether to shake your hand, bow, or hand you a delicious cookie.

OK I think that's about all we need on this subject. Let's shake virtual hands and move along before Chuck's evil cat casts a spell. Seriously, his cat is the devil.

Fun fact, about four years ago I was covering several halloween events and the subject of parking came up with the mgmt team. I was told they were going to park employees in Oceans parking lot and bus employees over. Huh I said, why not just park actual guests there and use the OOF entrance to shovel them in. Park employees out in the back 40 or whereever, I mean they had planned to bus them to the emp entry anyway.

Two weeks later guess what they did. Even though it's a smaller parking area I've used that entrance many times during summer operating back when I lived closer. As has been mentioned most of the coasters are in that section of the park and hell, who wants to walk farther than they have to, not me. I just wished that entry was open all year. IDK, maybe it is now?

Yawl acting like its a privilege to be on here on something. I really don't care who any of yawl think yawl are, we got opinions but for yawl to consistently finding away to say something negative about mine is pretty nerve racking

Is this even in English??? Seriously, this is a warning to all of you. Make more stupid posts and you'll all be banned. Get back on topic and stop acting like idiots.

It has been open since the start of the season for people staying at Worlds of Fun Village.

That's good to hear, it makes it more of a perk for staying onsite in a cabin or RV. I think I saw in one of the investor calls recently something about exploring the possibility of an onsite hotel. I would think the plot of land around Mamba's turnaround would be a cool location, charge more for the parkside view.

Yawl acting like its a privilege to be on here on something. I really don't care who any of yawl think yawl are, we got opinions but for yawl to consistently finding away to say something negative about mine is pretty nerve racking

Is this even in English??? Seriously, this is a warning to all of you. Make more stupid posts and you'll all be banned. Get back on topic and stop acting like idiots.

It's English in its fullest Southern dialect and ignorance. "Yawl"? Really? I don't even like the word but even I know it is spelled as "y'all".

It's English in its fullest Southern dialect and ignorance. "Yawl"? Really? I don't even like the word but even I know it is spelled as "y'all".

Let's just end right here.. I'm trying to remain civil.. It's a beautiful day out in the park don't ya think?

Didn't expect to see you here!

Heading to the park tonight to hopefully get a few rides in. Was surprised to see WOF open until 10PM despite is still being early June - will I be pleasantly surprised with low crowds after dinner? We shall see!

The park's empty today.

It really was a ghost town last night, but it looks like WOF was prepared for it. All rides were running one train, but it was still an average of a one train wait for everything. Was happy to see all rides operational and none shut down despite the low crowd levels. I might head back another night this week and snag some more rides on Prowler. That thing was hauling last night.

It really was a ghost town last night, but it looks like WOF was prepared for it. All rides were running one train, but it was still an average of a one train wait for everything. Was happy to see all rides operational and none shut down despite the low crowd levels. I might head back another night this week and snag some more rides on Prowler. That thing was hauling last night.

How come i can never come during days like that! I always end up going on the weekdays that they expect a low crowd and run one train, but then it seems every teenager in the entire city of KC shows up. Are there days that usually end up like that more than others, because even after visiting frequently for the past 7 years, i am yet to find one.