TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

WOF something big and fantastic is in the atmosphere this year, if anyone has been then you'll know what I'm talking about , that banner and those markets could mean anything, closing of Thunderhawk, closing of the arcade, WOF is about to open up a whole new chapter in Americana I bet on it

As someone who has built up a tolerance for disappointment (SFSTL), I think people are jumping the gun. I think a lot of that 'feeling' is self perpetuated anticipation for something that may not even come. Could CF hand WoF a large coaster investment next year? Absolutely. However, you're doing yourself a disservice if you're already swinging for the moon.

Now on to the important information:

Where is the best sports bar around the park, specifically a place that specializes in chicken wings and cold delicious beer?

Does the park have 'designated' areas where you have to stay within to drink your delicious cold beer, or can you carry your delicious cold beverages throughout the park?

My wife and I are planning a Wednesday trip to the park next week, so I figured I'd start with the important questions first.

Less important question: How crowded is the park typically this time a year?

Edited by prozach626

I'm stoked we are eating a Troika because they are super fun

As tasty as I'm sure that Troikas are, I doubt maintenance would enjoy anyone going omnomnom on it.

You mean you've never tasted a Troika before!?

(I should really proof read better next time )

The only sports bar at the park is Chickies and Petes - they serve Phillies not wings. Beer is served at the BBQ place near train depot. Pretty sure you have to consume it there.

You're breaking my heart.

^ In that case, there's really not much immediately around the park. If you go north a bit, though, Liberty has a lot of things. It's mostly chain restaurants, but there is one gem there, Seva Indian Cuisine. It's fantastic. Not a sports bar, but absolutely worth the time and money. It's upscale but not terribly expensive, and everything is fantastic.

Take I-435 north to I-35 north, then exit 56 at MO-152 / Kansas St. and make a left. It's 10-15 minutes from the park.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Seva+Cuisine+of+India/@39.2459775,-94.4668441,16.71z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x2189eeaa504aa21f

Less important question: How crowded is the park typically this time a year?

The crowds should be low/normal. You should be able to grab a couple of rides with a line slightly outside of the station.

Saturday's will be busy through the end of the month with Music Festivals. There are occasional Friday's through the end of the month that are school days. Sunday's will always be the least busy of the weekend.

Any new news

No, but in all seriousness, we probably won't for a while.

What would you guys think of a new flat ride package for WOF next year? Maybe the used flat rides with Gerstlauer Sky Roller or a giant Frisbee? I'd be fine with that, as the Sky Roller looks like tons of fun and a giant frisbee has been something WOF fans have wanted for years.

Edited by WOFanatic

Any new news

What would you guys think of a new flat ride package for WOF next year? Maybe the used flat rides with Gerstlauer Sky Roller or a giant Frisbee? I'd be fine with that, as the Sky Roller looks like tons of fun and a giant frisbee has been something WOF fans have wanted to years.

Throw in a matracer slide at OOF and you have a deal

Any new news

What would you guys think of a new flat ride package for WOF next year? Maybe the used flat rides with Gerstlauer Sky Roller or a giant Frisbee? I'd be fine with that, as the Sky Roller looks like tons of fun and a giant frisbee has been something WOF fans have wanted to years.

I don't really care about expanding OOF. It's really a great park as it is and doesn't really need expansion.

Any new news

I don't really care about expanding OOF. It's really a great park as it is and doesn't really need expansion.

It needs more capacity

Any new news

It needs more capacity

Yes more capacity but other than that I personally think it needs more food choices