TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

New for 2016

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Families can glide, fly and launch into 2016 at Worlds of Fun with the addition of five new family rides coming to Planet Snoopy next season:

Woodstock Gliders - Young guests control their own flight with movable stationary wings.

Flying Ace - Get your aviator glasses ready for a high-flying adventure with Snoopy

Snoopy Space Buggies - Defy gravity and bounce to the moon and back

Linus Launcher - Experience the sensation of weightlessness through flight with feet dangling

Snoopy Junction - All aboard! Snoopy the conductor leads kids on a railroad adventure

“Thrills come in all sizes,” says vice president and general manager Frank Wilburn. “It’s important that we continue to create the best family environment for our guests and what better place to do that than right here at Planet Snoopy where we create memories that last a lifetime.”

Planet Snoopy was added to Worlds of Fun in 2011 and will now feature 21 family style rides at Kansas City’s favorite amusement park. Little ones can take a trip on monster trucks, take to the skies on a forty-foot balloon ride, or hop in a new spinning tug-boat for the whole family. Sing and dance with Peanuts Party in the Park, a show with a special musical appearance by Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the whole Peanuts gang live in Planet Snoopy Plaza!

Season Passes for 2016 are now on sale at the lowest price they will be this year! For only $99, experience Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun all summer long including Halloween Haunt. When you purchase your 2016 Season Pass, you get one free visit to Worlds of Fun 2015! Guest favorites like the World Food and Wine Festival and the All-American Barbeque and Brew Festival are set to return in 2016.

NEW.png.e368eeca3c95101d7798bc8bc5016486.png

Edited by chadster

New for 2016

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Families can glide, fly and launch into 2016 at Worlds of Fun with the addition of five new family rides coming to Planet Snoopy next season:

Woodstock Gliders - Young guests control their own flight with movable stationary wings.

Flying Ace - Get your aviator glasses ready for a high-flying adventure with Snoopy

Snoopy Space Buggies - Defy gravity and bounce to the moon and back

Linus Launcher - Experience the sensation of weightlessness through flight with feet dangling

Snoopy Junction - All aboard! Snoopy the conductor leads kids on a railroad adventure

“Thrills come in all sizes,” says vice president and general manager Frank Wilburn. “It’s important that we continue to create the best family environment for our guests and what better place to do that than right here at Planet Snoopy where we create memories that last a lifetime.”

Planet Snoopy was added to Worlds of Fun in 2011 and will now feature 21 family style rides at Kansas City’s favorite amusement park. Little ones can take a trip on monster trucks, take to the skies on a forty-foot balloon ride, or hop in a new spinning tug-boat for the whole family. Sing and dance with Peanuts Party in the Park, a show with a special musical appearance by Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the whole Peanuts gang live in Planet Snoopy Plaza!

Season Passes for 2016 are now on sale at the lowest price they will be this year! For only $99, experience Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun all summer long including Halloween Haunt. When you purchase your 2016 Season Pass, you get one free visit to Worlds of Fun 2015! Guest favorites like the World Food and Wine Festival and the All-American Barbeque and Brew Festival are set to return in 2016.

WOW!!! OMG!!! I can't think of the last time WoF got a family addition! (Besides 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010) HOLY SH**!!! I was starting to think that WoF relied a little to heavily on thrill rides (2014, 2009) so i'm glad they are bringing it back to families! YAY!!! I'm sure this announcement is in no way trying to avoid the cost of a new thrill ride! IT'S A WIN FOR EVERYBODY! YAY! #WOFISAWESOME #SDCISDEAD

I think it's a good move. In comparison to a massive investment in a coaster, it provides a stream of ROI for the future. That combined with the fact that a large investment hasn't been made since Prowler, in 2009. Surely that means they have a significant amount of money saved up for something big in the future...possibly...maybe...right??

Also they may be putting something big off until 2018...45 years and all that.

I think almost every Cedar Fair park's locals (with the exceptions of CP, KI, and Caro) will believe their park will be getting a coaster in 2017. Growing up with KD as my home park I'd love to see something new but I feel for the older non-Paramount parks like you guys, Valleyfair, and Dorney.

Honestly, this announcement made me smile. Worlds of Fun is at least getting something this year. It might not be an insane coaster or thrill ride, but there is hope. I'm glad we are getting something because part of me wondered if it would be another general maintenance year. I'm sure there will be a coaster on the way in the next 3 years.

it could be a lot worse ^ Be happy

Yea, Michigan's Adventure could be your home park.

I think almost every Cedar Fair park's locals (with the exceptions of CP, KI, and Caro) will believe their park will be getting a coaster in 2017. Growing up with KD as my home park I'd love to see something new but I feel for the older non-Paramount parks like you guys, Valleyfair, and Dorney.

I've noticed this too... Personally, I DO think KD and CW are pretty much shoe-ins for a new coaster in 2017, and I think KI will be getting their dark ride/coaster that year. I see 2018 as the year smaller parks like MiA and WoF are likely to get a new coaster - if at all. I can't envision CF adding more than 2, or possibly 3 coasters to parks in their chain in any given year, honestly.

No. We believe we are getting a dark ride which seems to be the case

Honestly, this announcement made me smile. Worlds of Fun is at least getting something this year. It might not be an insane coaster or thrill ride, but there is hope. I'm glad we are getting something because part of me wondered if it would be another general maintenance year. I'm sure there will be a coaster on the way in the next 3 years.

I'm telling you right now that there will most likely not be a new coaster within the next three years. Just being honest.

I would say Valleyfair is next in line for a new coaster before Worlds of Fun get's one or maybe even Kings Island just got Banshee and Kings Island officials unveiled there new “Tropical Plunge" New slides will begin from a 65-foot platform expanding the water park in 2016 I wouldn't expect Kings Island to get a new coaster in a couple of year's. My bet Valleyfair will be next.

Edited by ACES