TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Not sure what being at Coaster Mayhem has to do with anything. News can be obtained without going to an enthusiast event.

You're Likely going to get more answers at an event than what you would on the midway.

What about behind the scenes? Will you still get more info at Mayhem or directly from the people who would know?

Chill bud, it's not that big of a deal. If "Insider" knows something, who cares. It's not worth getting worked up about it

Others on here, myself included, know what is going to be added. Who cares! The announcement is coming Thursday and then we'll all know.

I'm sorry for getting worked up about it. I'd really hate to see it go though. The marketing director did say "rides" so we know there will be more than 1 ride. I'm betting flying scooters or similar to what Kings Island got this year.

Not sure what being at Coaster Mayhem has to do with anything. News can be obtained without going to an enthusiast event.

You're Likely going to get more answers at an event than what you would on the midway.

What about behind the scenes? Will you still get more info at Mayhem or directly from the people who would know?

Chill bud, it's not that big of a deal. If "Insider" knows something, who cares. It's not worth getting worked up about it

Others on here, myself included, know what is going to be added. Who cares! The announcement is coming Thursday and then we'll all know.

I'm sorry for getting worked up about it. I'd really hate to see it go though. The marketing director did say "rides" so we know there will be more than 1 ride. I'm betting flying scooters or similar to what Kings Island got this year.

A little more in depth information from Q&A

-New Main gate has been discussed and has been designed in the last 2-3 years but waiting for a big enough budget (+$1 million) as they will have to move entrance over towards shadow gate/tivoli east area due to topography and accessibility issues. Moving the catering facilities seems to be the most pressing financial issue.

WTF why would they move the entrance FARTHER to the East adding space between the main parking lot and the entrance?!?Seriously management what the heck It would seem that if they are going to keep the entrance in the terrible spot it is, they should just rebuild it, not move it to a worse location. SMH.

^Oh poo on you. I've been at school working all day so hadn't had a chance to check things out yet. With that being said, my "inside sources" as you called him said that ThunderHawk is down for the rest of the season and likely forever. Unfortunate as I hate the park losing yet another ride.

Edited by PhantomPoster32

Death to Thunderhawk

It seems like nobody liked that ride. Sad to hear though! it was one of my favorites.

Also, is it just me or does patriot really reeeally need a new paint job? Some people say Mamba needs one even more, but look at this. This is awful.

Are there recent pics of mamba looking worse than that? I remember when patriot had the best looking paint job out of pretty much any B&M Invert I've seen.

^ sorry for double post, but this was kind of an afterthought of the post.

Anyways, I know it sounds ridiculous but, is it just me, or is Mamba just kind of an ugly-looking ride compared to Patriot? I know it sounds dumb, but Patriot would benefit from a new paint job a lot more than Mamba would to me, because the ride just looks nicer overall. I don't care much for the painting of Mamba because most of the ride isn't seen from the inside park anyways, because it is most of the time high off the ground. And even the lift hill, which can easily be seen from most of the park, covers most of the track because of the large supports. I know it's a normal design for a hyper. Am I crazy, or would anyone else rather see Patriot get painted first?

Patriot before:

Patriot now:

Try reading, the reason is already there in my post that you quoted.

Don't Mean To Toot My Own Horn....But Hey I Told You So

Seriously, these two are the same people: uncalled for and snarky ass comments out of nowhere, claiming to have inside knowledge, and the username "PhantomPoster32." Maybe I'm just reading way too much into what's going on, but please tell me I am right. Might I add that if I am right then the two back and forth arguments you had with yourself were pure genius.

Patriot would benefit from a new paint job a lot more than Mamba would to me, because the ride just looks nicer overall.

MAMBA really does need the paint job more than Patriot. Regarding Patriot, RED paint tends to fade the fastest of colors. TBQH, Detonator's hat needs the most attention. It looks horrible.

Don't get too cocky. You've been wrong more than correct - not to mention that I added validity to your claim by stating that it aligned with the information that I had received myself.

MAMBA really does need the paint job more than Patriot. Regarding Patriot, RED paint tends to fade the fastest of colors. TBQH, Detonator's hat needs the most attention. It looks horrible.

I guess you're right, red does fade the fastest. It makes me wonder, why does red/orange tend to be a common color for roller coasters then? (spinning dragons, mamba, patriot, boomerang, many other rides at other parks)

I guess you're right, red does fade the fastest. It makes me wonder, why does red/orange tend to be a common color for roller coasters then? (spinning dragons, mamba, patriot, boomerang, many other rides at other parks)

You can throw Yellow in there as well. It's because they are bright colors that attract people's attention, and create excitement for the coasters. Being a fan of the lower half of the rainbow myself, it just bums me out, however!

The Screamin Swing at Knotts looks like the most pointless ride ever. Only holds 8 people and is an upcharge attraction. I'd feel pretty bad for you guys if you received it. My home park, Valleyfair, has Xtreme Swing, another Screamin Swing, and it's one of the best rides there. Great capacity at 40 people too. I feel like a full size Screamin Swing would be a great fit for WoF.