TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Anything with Steelhawk or OOF expansion teasers?

With coasters in 2000, 04, 06 and 09 they're beyond overdue. We all know that. Still- I was at the park that last two days and found myself trying to notice anything out of place or added somewhere in a parking lot to hint at a new expansion. Nothing.

Just curious. Did WOF make teasers for Patriot or Prowler? Maybe they're just not saying much? I haven't really kept up with this park for years, and now that I just moved here I'm finding myself quite curious. I feel like something is on the horizon, especially with it being so long since Prowler in 2009.

That was Brandon Stanley who has since gone on to work at NWMSU

Racheal is the current PR manager and she is usually "too busy" to be bothered to do any actual marketing.

... great. So basically what we can rely on is no teaser for anything, should something happen. Sounds like they need a new team over there, but I could be jumping to conclusions.

Either way the Patriot and Prowler line up is fine, but man they could really use a nice mack launched coaster, or something like that IMO to round out the park. Maybe a floorless like what people want with VF or MiADV, but something. Wouldn't mind something a bit more larger scale. I feel theres a pretty big drop off between Mamba and Patriot for large scale attractions.

Well you remember how well they covered the building of WindseekerHawk and how there were no photos of the construction of Splash Island. In fact if not for a tweet from Frank Wilburn on the Grand Opening of Splash Island I don't think there was any coverage to speak of. Hollye is the other member of the marketing team and while she at least makes an attempt now and then, she's not much better.

We were spoiled by Brandon (and before him Chris Ozimeck who is now with Schlitterbahn GI)

The rumors have been that the addition(s) would be for Planet Snoopy for next season. I haven't heard anything about a coaster coming even in the 2017. The additions since Prowler have been pretty weak, other than maybe the water slide complex a few years ago and SteelHawk (I guess). I am certainly ready for something better.

And Timber Wolf's re-tracking and neutering is scheduled to continue this off season as well.

The rumors have been that the addition(s) would be for Planet Snoopy for next season. I haven't heard anything about a coaster coming even in the 2017. The additions since Prowler have been pretty weak, other than maybe the water slide complex a few years ago and SteelHawk (I guess). I am certainly ready for something better.

And Timber Wolf's re-tracking and neutering is scheduled to continue this off season as well.

Steel Hawk was SERIOUSLY weak. Oh yay! We got a used Mondial Windseeker because it kept breaking down leaving riders stranded three hundred feet in the air for hours! Oh, I can't wait to get stuck on it myself!

No new gate next year. Project has been put on hold.

We will get a "new" ride(s) next year.

Here, I'll make a guess, a ride that has had an accident at it's last park and they'll just move it to Worlds of Fun. Or a ride that has tons of mechanical issues and it's park doesn't want to pay for the upkeep anymore so they'll move it to Worlds Of Fun. How accurate do you think I am? Or similar to 2015, they can make a big deal about a tiny addition like a playground and then put some scooters for rent in a small area, similar to how in 2015 they made a big deal over a tiny water play structure which was basically a platform with a few squirting fountains and a small slide that you could find at Home Depot, and then they replaced unpopular, up charged row boats, with unpopular, up charge SWAN boats. You can tell I'm angry with Cedar Fair screwing Worlds Of Fun EVERY year. And then we heard rumors that we would FINALLY get something good for 2016 since we haven't gotten anything worth it since Prowler, and then they put that project on hold.

No new gate next year. Project has been put on hold.

We will get a "new" ride(s) next year.

Here, I'll make a guess, a ride that has had an accident at it's last park and they'll just move it to Worlds of Fun. Or a ride that has tons of mechanical issues and it's park doesn't want to pay for the upkeep anymore so they'll move it to Worlds Of Fun. How accurate do you think I am? Or similar to 2015, they can make a big deal about a tiny addition like a playground and then put some scooters for rent in a small area, similar to how in 2015 they made a big deal over a tiny water play structure which was basically a platform with a few squirting fountains and a small slide that you could find at Home Depot, and then they replaced unpopular, up charged row boats, with unpopular, up charge SWAN boats. You can tell I'm angry with Cedar Fair screwing Worlds Of Fun EVERY year. And then we heard rumors that we would FINALLY get something good for 2016 since we haven't gotten anything worth it since Prowler, and then they put that project on hold.

The paddle boats aren't up charge, are they? I know the kayaks weren't.

You can tell I'm angry with Cedar Fair screwing Worlds Of Fun EVERY year. And then we heard rumors that we would FINALLY get something good for 2016 since we haven't gotten anything worth it since Prowler, and then they put that project on hold.

This same sentiment is either overtly, or subtly, laced through many posts in the threads for Dorney Park, Valleyfair, and Michigan's Adventure as well. So you are very much not alone with your frustration. I used to be a bit of a CF fanboy until their purchase of the Paramount parks and closure of Geagua Lake. Now, I am one of their harshest critics. It is what it is, however, and I'm not saying I don't see it from their perspective as well. I'm just saying it stinks to be one of the little kids who were forgotten in favor of the new and more exciting kids... But at least we weren't the kid that was murdered by its parents! We can at least be happy for that!

Or maybe CF could stop trying to put every B&M model at CP and invest a little in it's smaller parks. Maybe give Valleyfair their FIRST B&M?

The problem with getting a B&M is that they're flip-shizzing expensive! WoF and Dorney were uber lucky to have received theirs before the Paramount parks purchase, and the massive debt load that incurred, because the days of B&M's at the smaller CF parks are probably over, at least for a while...

Hey people! I'm thinking about doing a trip to Worlds of Fun and Six Flags St Louis and was wondering if some of you guys could help me plan out a trip. I'll be driving from Fort Collins, CO which would be a 9-hour trip to WoF and a little over 12 hours to SFStL. I've never been to either park so obviously I'd like to get all the credits at both parks.

My rough outline of a plan would be to leave FC around 4am and arrive at around 1 or 2pm (I think there might be a time change in there). I would then stay until close (looking forward to night rides on Prowler) and then stay at a nearby hotel. Following morning around 6 or 7 I would then drive to SFStL at opening.

Anyway, I welcome any alterations to this plan-- driving to Six Flags first, suggestions on hotels, need for flash passes/fast lane, how much time I'd actually need at each park.

I'll be copying this post into the SFStL thread as well.

Thanks for any help!

Rob, any day you go to WOF it will be pretty sparse with crowds. Clearly avoid weekends, but otherwise you're fine. I went yesterday to walk around and got in 5 rides in two hours- after i changed my mind and decided to ride as there were a lot of people.

Also good news, I saw Zulu in its early testing phases! After 10pm, walking back from night rides on prowler. Wasn't lifting up, but spinning around without rotation.

Hey people! I'm thinking about doing a trip to Worlds of Fun and Six Flags St Louis and was wondering if some of you guys could help me plan out a trip. I'll be driving from Fort Collins, CO which would be a 9-hour trip to WoF and a little over 12 hours to SFStL. I've never been to either park so obviously I'd like to get all the credits at both parks.

My rough outline of a plan would be to leave FC around 4am and arrive at around 1 or 2pm (I think there might be a time change in there). I would then stay until close (looking forward to night rides on Prowler) and then stay at a nearby hotel. Following morning around 6 or 7 I would then drive to SFStL at opening.

Anyway, I welcome any alterations to this plan-- driving to Six Flags first, suggestions on hotels, need for flash passes/fast lane, how much time I'd actually need at each park.

Thanks for any help!

WoF first would be best since it's closer, and depending on the day that you go, if it's not Sunday, Monday, or Wednesday, those seem to be the less crowded days to me, get a fast lane pass because the only ride they do one train operations on is Mamba and also the operations are REALLY slow, last week when I went the ride ops on Patriot sat around for FIVE minutes, TALKING while they didn't even open the gates for park patrons to get on the ride. And for Six Flags, I recommend a Monday to go because the last time I went a year or two ago, the park was DEAD, my brother and I had all the rides to ourselves and even rode Batman about seven times before getting off, and ops there were faster than the normal Six Flags worker. And they have two trains on almost all the coasters. So depending on the day, don't waste your money on a flash pass, well, unless you want to go on the new Justice League ride don't get the pass but I'm sure the new ride will have a long line regardless since it's something new and never before seen for that area. And I REALLY recommend the Screaming Eagle, aside from the Timber Wolf and the Tornado at Adventureland, it's one of my favorite roller coasters, I'd say it's number three on my list. I had soooo much floater air on it. But don't set your standards too high because of what I say, I make it sound like El Toro so if you put it up to my standards you will probably be disappointed.

Good news about Zulu. Today it was testing and a supervisor told me it is likely to be up today.

That's good, but it took long enough, I went about a week and a half ago and the Zulu was down then too. Where do you work in the park? Maintenance, operations, financial department, WHERE? I want to know if you have any insight if there's about to be something new and mechanical that will require maintenance or if they will soon be hiring for operations of a new ride or if they are about to make a big investment. And what age do they start hiring? When I went there was an employee I think working at a game and he looked REALLY young, like MY age of fourteen!

Thanks for any help!

Yeah, if you're going within the next few days, and want to do the waterparks too, I'd get Fast Lane & Flash Pass. If you're skipping the waterparks, you don't need it, but do plan for a full day at each park. At WoF, do Spinning Dragons first, then Patriot, then go around to Prowler and proceed from there clockwise: Boomerang, Mamba, Cosmic Coaster (if you REALLY want to ride a Wacky Worm), and finish with Timber Wolf.

At SFStL, hit Justice League first if it's open, then American Thunder and proceed clockwise: Mr. Freeze, Pandemonium, Boss, Screamin' Eagle, Boomerang, River King Mine Train, Batman, Ninja. Do Ninja last, as the threat of major headache and/or pain is pretty high, and you don't want that to ruin your other experiences.

Good news about Zulu. Today it was testing and a supervisor told me it is likely to be up today.

That's good, but it took long enough, I went about a week and a half ago and the Zulu was down then too. Where do you work in the park? Maintenance, operations, financial department, WHERE? I want to know if you have any insight if there's about to be something new and mechanical that will require maintenance or if they will soon be hiring for operations of a new ride or if they are about to make a big investment. And what age do they start hiring? When I went there was an employee I think working at a game and he looked REALLY young, like MY age of fourteen!

I do not work at the park however I visit the park many times in the season. I've been twice this week. I know they hire for ride maintenance at 18, if there is an opening. I know the Maintenace team and I usually can get a pretty solid answer of what the problem is. You can work for games at 14 but I've never thought of doing that. You probably can find more information at www.Worldsoffun.com/jobs

Thanks for any help!

Yeah, if you're going within the next few days, and want to do the waterparks too, I'd get Fast Lane & Flash Pass. If you're skipping the waterparks, you don't need it, but do plan for a full day at each park. At WoF, do Spinning Dragons first, then Patriot, then go around to Prowler and proceed from there clockwise: Boomerang, Mamba, Cosmic Coaster (if you REALLY want to ride a Wacky Worm), and finish with Timber Wolf.

I think Spinning Dragons and Patriot first is a good idea if you're getting there when the park opens, but at 1 or 2 PM I'm not sure it really matters. I would say save Spinning Dragons for later in the day, like at or after dusk (if the park is open that late) - but then again I don't visit that often. That line is slow moving and brutal, whereas the other coasters' lines will at least move at a better pace.

In addition to the coasters, ride Cyclone Sam's if you can tolerate spinning flat rides. It is probably the best, if not most unique flat in the park.