TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Can you do Adventureland and Arnold's Park in one day? I'm going to Six Flags Great America in July 28 August I'm also planning to add Six Flags St Louis, Worlds of Fun, haven't decided yet on Silver Dollar City futher south. How far is Adventureland and Arnold's Park from each other?

An Impulse coaster would probably be a good fit at Worlds of Fun, however, it has been 12 years since the last one was built (Steel Venom). Plus, Cedar Fair hasn't built anything from Intamin lately.

Does anyone know if Timber Wolf is close to opening yet? I might be visiting Worlds of Fun sometime this summer, but I want to wait until Timber Wolf is open since I'd like to get the credit.

Timber Wolf is now open!

Can you do Adventureland and Arnold's Park in one day? I'm going to Six Flags Great America in July 28 August I'm also planning to add Six Flags St Louis, Worlds of Fun, haven't decided yet on Silver Dollar City futher south. How far is Adventureland and Arnold's Park from each other?

They are about 3.5 hours apart. Arnolds is a small park worth an hour or two. Adventureland is a decent sized park that could take you the better part of the day to do. I did a visit to adventureland last summer and did a trip report you can check out here.....

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68454&hilit=adventureland

An Impulse coaster would probably be a good fit at Worlds of Fun, however, it has been 12 years since the last one was built (Steel Venom). Plus, Cedar Fair hasn't built anything from Intamin lately.

Does anyone know if Timber Wolf is close to opening yet? I might be visiting Worlds of Fun sometime this summer, but I want to wait until Timber Wolf is open since I'd like to get the credit.

Timber Wolf is now open!

It is! Yes! I heard that the trim brake on the turn is very light so that's good.

I took a few rides on Timber Wolf last night after it finally opened for the season. The track has been completely replaced from the first drop through the first turn/turnaround. The new track is very smooth, but unfortunately the drop and the rise into the turn have been re-profiled as well. The first drop still has some air, but it's not nearly as good as it was. The top of the second hill used to have crazy air and a slam into the turn, especially when the brakes were off. Now, there is just a hint of air and no action at all.

I took a few rides on Timber Wolf last night after it finally opened for the season. The track has been completely replaced from the first drop through the first turn/turnaround. The new track is very smooth, but unfortunately the drop and the rise into the turn have been re-profiled as well. The first drop still has some air, but it's not nearly as good as it was. The top of the second hill used to have crazy air and a slam into the turn, especially when the brakes were off. Now, there is just a hint of air and no action at all.

I know the slam into the turn was just under maintained. It had a good size lateral bump when the turn started. But what I'm confused at is how is the airtime different because the hill wasn't made taller or wider?

I would have to imagine that a good amount of slides from Wet N Wild will be coming to Volcano Bay. Especially the newer ProSlide stuff they've put in over the last ten years. I mean, if the park is closing Dec 31st, 2016 and the Volcano Bay isn't opening until 2017, that just seems to make a lot of sense to me to bring those slides over.

I've heard some chatter to that extent. Which is fine. Scrapping them all would be foolhardy. Also selling them might not be wise either. Cedar Fair inadvertently created their competition in Kansas City when they decided to start Geagua's water park from scratch.

I saw you posted this in the Universal Orlando thread, but since my question is off topic for that thread, I thought it would be more appropriate to ask it here. Please explain this to me--how did the Geauga Lake waterpark lead to Schlitterbahn's creation?

So wof,valley fair and Michigans adventure haven't got a rollercoaster since 07 or 08. So what park do you think will get a coaster first?

It is hard to say.

Michigan's Adventure hasn't gotten a "new" coaster since the late '90s so its hard to say if they are even eligible for a new coaster. IMO the best fit for this park would be a Chance Hyper GT-X like Lighting Run.

Valley Fair is always being talked about. VF fans get so bored they report new Oreo stands on the forums. Who cares! Valley Fair needs a coaster the most. Its been 9 years since their last coaster. That's longer than both other parks. I would love to see an invert to this park. I don't think a huge invert like Banshee, but a fairly sized invert like Great Bear, Patriot or Talon.

WOF hasn't gotten a new coaster since '09 (Prowler) so they are still good. They could use a new coaster but it isn't as needed as it is at other parks. WOF is definitely eligible for a huge new coaster. I think the best fit would be a floorless coaster similar to Hydra or a Wingcoaster similar to Wild Eagle or X-flight. The coaster could go where the Orient Express used to be or out infront using some of that open land. WOF has a lot of open land.

So wof,valley fair and Michigans adventure haven't got a rollercoaster since 07 or 08. So what park do you think will get a coaster first?

It is hard to say.

Michigan's Adventure hasn't gotten a "new" coaster since the late '90s so its hard to say if they are even eligible for a new coaster. IMO the best fit for this park would be a Chance Hyper GT-X like Lighting Run.

Thats because CF bought out the park

I will likely be visiting Worlds of Fun on Saturday, July 18th. How busy should I expect the park to be? Any other tips for conquering the park?

Sounds like WoF is getting a dark ride and a TimberWolf makeover the next 2 years.

ValleyFair is getting water park expansion this year or next.

Michigan's Adventure, the park with hiding additions the best. A lot of members believe they are next.

Sounds like WoF is getting a dark ride and a TimberWolf makeover the next 2 years.

I'm not sure on your theory about TimberWolf since they just dropped a lot of time and money into it. Re profiling a ride and to cause less issues seems like long term thinking, not just short term patching by retracking.

I'm not sure on your theory about TimberWolf since they just dropped a lot of time and money into it. Re profiling a ride and to cause less issues seems like long term thinking, not just short term patching by retracking.

I think he meant that the makeover will be continuing the next two years. It's possible it may go on longer than that. They have only gotten through the first 180 degree turn, so they have a lot of work to do.

I think he meant that the makeover will be continuing the next two years. It's possible it may go on longer than that. They have only gotten through the first 180 degree turn, so they have a lot of work to do.

The plan was to retrack 1/3 this year, 1/3 in 2016 and 1/3 in 2017.

Probably Michigan's Adventure. I've heard that MiA's general manager said the park will be getting a major capital investment soon, and they could definitely use a new coaster since their last one was a relocated SLC seven years ago. Haven't heard any official rumors for Worlds of Fun or Valleyfair, but I predict that they'll both receive a new coaster sometime within the next three years.