TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

What makes anyone think that WoF would get anything like a Mack or Zierer launched coaster? That doesn't seem to be the M.O. for Cedar Fair at all. If I were to guess, WoF's next big investment will come in the form of a B&M, most likely a wing rider. Unfortunately, I wouldn't ever count on a signature giga.

I feel like WoF kind of got the shaft with not going with B&M for Mamba and then getting one of the most, if not THE most, forceless Inverts. However, Prowler was a win and I'm sure the next addition will be a winner as well.

LOL, Im sorry Cedar Fair gave your park a B&M invert and a Morgan hyper

Be happy its not swam boats and a lemonade stand

So, does anyone here know anything about the guy that's in charge of maintenance at WOF now? There is a reason I ask, it's because I know. This is the the guy that built Formula Rossa at Ferrari World. My thought this was done on purpose. I think there is a plan, it may be a year or two off, but I think it's an Intamin plan.

But on the other hand, I don't see any major capitol expenditures until they get some things fixed. I know last year they were supposed to do en extensive rehab on the Voyager which I don't think got done. They are also supposed to be trying to fix Timberwolf. Unfortunately I think the only real fix will be to retrack with topper track.

As far as spending money on OOF it,s necessary because now you have to compete with Shlitterbahn.

Cedar fair dropped intamin quite a while back. Besides they are way too expensive for the size of worlds of fun.. What I think would be cool for worlds of fun, is anything tall and blue. Steelhawk just looks so great around the other colors of worldsof fun. Anyways. I think a wingriders would be good. Not great. Something great would be a giga. But we will just have to wait for a real long time to see what their getting.

What makes anyone think that WoF would get anything like a Mack or Zierer launched coaster? That doesn't seem to be the M.O. for Cedar Fair at all. If I were to guess, WoF's next big investment will come in the form of a B&M, most likely a wing rider. Unfortunately, I wouldn't ever count on a signature giga.

I feel like WoF kind of got the shaft with not going with B&M for Mamba and then getting one of the most, if not THE most, forceless Inverts. However, Prowler was a win and I'm sure the next addition will be a winner as well.

1. Not my home park.

2. "I feel" were two words indicating my own personal opinion. If you don't like my opinion, tough crap. Go roll your eyes at someone who states their opinion as a matter of fact.

When I rode Mamba and Patriot I thought that both of them were very mediocre ranked comparatively among their types. This is one reason why when I weight my options of driving to one of the many parks within 5-6 hours of me, I never get the urge to go to WoF.

Cedar fair dropped intamin quite a while back.

No one ever said CF DUMPED Intamin. If CF wants a product that Intamin offers, they will buy it. Limiting yourself by saying you're going to eliminate one of the premier coaster manufactures as an option would be a poor business decision. A business decision that CF has not expressed.

Edited by prozach626

Patriot and mamba mediocre? They are some of the best coasters in the region. They aren't amazing but they aren't terrible. Besides worlds of fun isn't a bad park at all( I known that has nothing to do with your comment). It has a feel or charm to it that none of the CF parks I have been to have. I feel the hate towards this park and other smaller parks are a bandwagon of people saying "it's not cedar point so it sucks" same with the coasters like patriot because it's not raptors just expressing my thoughts on this. If it in some way offends you , tough. Sorry I mean the park does disappoint me compared to others, but I'm glad we have what we have

I never said I hated WoF. I actually like it better than my home park (SFSTL), which I haven't been to in years. I just think the two large steel additions could have been better. I liked Mamba's airtime hill and helix. After that the uncomfortable bunny hops killed it for me. That and I have a personal prejudice against Morgan trains. They are really ugly to me, let alone uncomfortable.

For me, Patriot was a lot like Silver Bullet. It looks great and I always have that desire to ride it. However, when I got off I always felt underwhelmed. The B&M invert is my favorite coaster type and Patriot was a let down for me. Like Silver Bullet, I didn't feel it stacks up to the many other inverts I've ridden.

I know you didn't say you hated it. I was speaking in general about hpthe tpr community. Also the only reason I said intamin was dropped is because earlier discussions about new rides when I said something about intamin I'd get bombarded by a bunch of people saying intamin was dropped.

For WOF being a home park, the park is pretty bland.. not sure how that goes with parks like CP, Carowinds, SFMM.. you get my point. In the past couple of years, I have found that you can ride Patriot, Prowler, and Mambe, TWICE.. in roughly two hours. I am not sure how that goes for this year with not having been at all, but I havent found an interest to go. Now IF it were possible for WOF to get a launch in a year or two, specifically an Intamin, that would be a HUGE marketing scheme CF could pull for a Midwest type of thing. SFSTL doesnt offer much, and SDC is the best park within a 4/5 hour radius.

A launch coaster would IMO, fit perfectly, not that WOF is really the best suit park for it, but if CF wants to build it up, they need to start somewhere. And like I said they could market this type of ride very well for its area. And it would not have to be a record breaker, just for the area, and it wouldnt necessarily have to be a launch, just not anything thats close to the area.

So I noticed some construction to the right of the thunderhawk and the Timberwolf's double helix.

There are markings and the land has been flattened, there are three different construction vehicles...

I wonder. The thunderhawk has been closed for the past week, and hasn't had anyone there. Perhaps the

Thunderhawk is about to disappear? I thought they had finally passed all of it's mechanical issue. Peculiar

To say the least I wonder if this is about to be a flat ride... Hmmmm disko anyone? or I could dream

Big and say a coaster station, but let's be honest

The land clearing is for a new haunt building that won't open until next year.

As for Saturday's in October, if the weather is good, it will be packed, especially at night. Those Saturdays are usually the busiest of the season!

Where did you get that information from? That is pretty depressing actually

I'm guessing that he got the information from KC KIVA which is the online system for building permits in the metro area. Thanks to some issues due political hold ups, clearance was not granted in time for Murder's Mansion to open this season.

That is the most depressing thing I have heard in a long time. I was hoping it would be a midway expansion to later be tied around by the windseeker area. Oh well. I guess there can only be one carowinds at a time.

Couple pages back but I LOL at this ^^^

When MAMBA was built, 1998, B&M had yet to build a hyper/speed coaster. The first(s) in their portfolio (Ragin' Bull and Apollo's Chariot) were not constructed until the following season (1999) thus it makes no sense to expect Cedar Fair to use B&M for that project.

PATRIOT seems to be a very polar ride for coaster enthusiasts. I personally find it to be loads of fun. As for "forceless" - if you ride in the heartline seat in the back row, you would probably think otherwise. For me, the ride is just a lot of fun. Sure it doesn't feel the need to try to rip your legs off like Batman, but to call it forceless is just silly. It's an extremely graceful ride and one of the tallest inverteds out there STILL

I agree with your assessment that Prowler was a win. It is still at its best at night during Haunt when the fog fills the course. It is still one of my favorite GCIs out there.

I do feel that the next coaster for WOF will be a B&M, but I don't see that happening until 2018 at the earliest.

I feel like Worlds of Fun will see a new coaster sooner than 2018, then again maybe I'm just hopeful (or hopeless?). The park has been making smaller investments such as combining the water park and adding new water slides, adding Dinosaurs Alive, and obtaining a relocated Windseeker in the past few years, so I feel like they have something good in store for us thrill seekers.

Other than a new coaster, I'd love to see another large flat ride or a replacement for Tidal Wave or Viking Voyager in the next few years.

Also, if Cedar Fair is planning to move Mantis to another park in their chain, I would not be too upset to see it end up at World's of Fun. It's at least better than Patriot, and it fulfills their need for another large looping coaster.

If the weather is nice, the park will be packed. Doesn't matter that it is early in the HAUNT season. This is the most popular event of the season at the park and it is the premier haunted attraction in the metro area.

IF and WHEN you go, do not go cheap - buy the Fright Lane Pass otherwise you will be standing in line all night and will not see all of the mazes. It comes down to "how much is your time worth to you"