TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

OK, that's actually a legitimately disappointing announcement. The kiddie pool is nice, but the swan boats almost sound like the park management was really reaching for SOMETHING that they could add for as low budget as possible just to say they added something. If they didn't want to do a big capital expenditure this year, they would have been better off focusing on (and marketing) smaller improvements throughout the park such as area theming, benches, shade trees, staff training, etc. The swan peddle boat announcement is almost cringe-worthy. Like that's going to add value to the guest experience? Really? I would literally be more enticed to visit the park with a promise of cleaner restrooms for 2015.

I'm expecting something huge in the next couple years. A launched coaster, hopefully with inversions. We'll see.

^That would be fantastic!! Although, seeing as this is WOF, they only get rides like Steel Hawk... CF needs to do something to WOF to liven it up more, and to bring more guests to the park.

OK, that's actually a legitimately disappointing announcement. The kiddie pool is nice, but the swan boats almost sound like the park management was really reaching for SOMETHING that they could add for as low budget as possible just to say they added something. If they didn't want to do a big capital expenditure this year, they would have been better off focusing on (and marketing) smaller improvements throughout the park such as area theming, benches, shade trees, staff training, etc. The swan peddle boat announcement is almost cringe-worthy. Like that's going to add value to the guest experience? Really? I would literally be more enticed to visit the park with a promise of cleaner restrooms for 2015.

That's what I was thinking too. Although it may be very low cost for a reason

I'm expecting something huge in the next couple years. A launched coaster, hopefully with inversions. We'll see.

^That would be fantastic!! Although, seeing as this is WOF, they only get rides like Steel Hawk... CF needs to do something to WOF to liven it up more, and to bring more guests to the park.

I still feel a BM giga would be a perfect fit for the park, they don't have any of what the GP call terrifying rides. They also need a ride that puts them on the map. Just think of carowinds, they didn't have much if a good lineup of rides then they added intimidator then fury.mthats why I have hope for something big in the next couple of years for here.

The park needs inversions. Not another hyper-type coaster. I'm not saying that a giga coaster wouldn't be great (and it would bring in a lot of people), but I just don't think it would be a great fit for the park, at least not at this time.

I think a wing rider would be a huge hit. The GP eats them up (even though enthusiasts aren't crazy about them), and, like other have mentioned, could put WOF on the map if done correctly (launched, even?). I also agree about a B&M giga coaster. Not needed at this park, but would still be a great draw to bring people in. Lets face it, there hasn't been much for this region to get excited about in the last handful of years (with the exception of Outlaw Run at SDC).

Yeah, Worlds of Fun seems to be doing this just so they can say they added something for 2015. I wouldn't say that WOF is a neglected park, but I think it's getting to the point where they're due for a new thrilling roller-coaster. An X-Flight sized wing coaster would be perfect for WOF because the GP would eat it up, and wing coasters are lots of fun. I don't see a gigacoaster at WOF in the near future because I don't think the park is large enough yet to justify one. If CF gets it's first RMC woodie soon, WOF might not be a bad choice for it, but then again, they already have Prowler, so it probably won't happen. I just hope that this park can get something good soon.

I think a Mack Looping launch coaster would work well.
The problem with them is the cost. I don't think Cedar Fair would be willing to dump about 20 million on WOF.

They dumped $20 million for Patroit.

That was almost ten years ago now, and it seems their focus has changed on where they want to highly invest in their parks. When Cedar Fair wants to invest in the park, I don't think it would be another $20 million.

They dumped $20 million for Patroit.

They dumped $14 million on Patriot. $8 million on Prowler in 2009.

Oh, ok. See? Point even more proven. We can see a small launched coaster like Zierer more than a big one like Mack.

Oh, ok. See? Point even more proven. We can see a small launched coaster like Zierer more than a big one like Mack.

I'd prefer something with a large lift to add to the skyline of the park, rather than a small, launched coaster. The only big, recognizable rides in the skyline right now are Mamba and Steelhawk. Give me a big wing rider with a diving first drop. That'd be sweet!

I'd prefer something with a large lift to add to the skyline of the park, rather than a small, launched coaster. The only big, recognizable rides in the skyline right now are Mamba and Steelhawk. Give me a big wing rider with a diving first drop. That'd be sweet!

Yes, skylines are cool. But height isn't always everything, all of the launched coasters I've been on we're fun.

Putting a hyper or a wing rider in would be a perfect hit for WOF. Especially if they were to have it interact with the entrance of the park, like CF's been doing, and give that a new facelift. Maybe have it start where OE was at, do some awesome, crazy elements, than loop back to the main entrance of the park...

Putting a hyper or a wing rider in would be a perfect hit for WOF. Especially if they were to have it interact with the entrance of the park, like CF's been doing, and give that a new facelift. Maybe have it start where OE was at, do some awesome, crazy elements, than loop back to the main entrance of the park...

They already have a hyper.

Don't worry, your not the only one who forgot that they had a hyper.

What makes anyone think that WoF would get anything like a Mack or Zierer launched coaster? That doesn't seem to be the M.O. for Cedar Fair at all. If I were to guess, WoF's next big investment will come in the form of a B&M, most likely a wing rider. Unfortunately, I wouldn't ever count on a signature giga.

I feel like WoF kind of got the shaft with not going with B&M for Mamba and then getting one of the most, if not THE most, forceless Inverts. However, Prowler was a win and I'm sure the next addition will be a winner as well.

What makes anyone think that WoF would get anything like a Mack or Zierer launched coaster? That doesn't seem to be the M.O. for Cedar Fair at all. If I were to guess, WoF's next big investment will come in the form of a B&M, most likely a wing rider. Unfortunately, I wouldn't ever count on a signature giga.

I feel like WoF kind of got the shaft with not going with B&M for Mamba and then getting one of the most, if not THE most, forceless Inverts. However, Prowler was a win and I'm sure the next addition will be a winner as well.

I disagree, Mamba is one of my favorite Hyper's. As a matter of fact it is much older than Diamondback and in my opinion it's smoother.