TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Yea prowler isn't rough but it isn't smooth. It's got a pretty bad rattle. Timberwolf was closed because of retracking because of the kid who got a concussion the day before. Also note I was there that day too and I was passed in line by some teen looking people a lot......... Glad you liked the park

Yea prowler isn't rough but it isn't smooth. It's got a pretty bad rattle. Timberwolf was closed because of retracking because of the kid who got a concussion the day before. Also note I was there that day too and I was passed in line by some teen looking people a lot......... Glad you liked the park

Lol, where those 2 teens pasty white with a farmers (or Seattle) tan? They said they got some pretty odd looks from a lot of people and heard some grumbling about "those Fast Lane people". My brother and I were at the bottom of the slides in non-swim clothes/shorts waiting and watching.

I grew up in Overland Park, lived there from 1969-1988 and still have family to visit. When I was your age (about 1978) the park was 5 years old and we still had the pleasure of riding the Zambezi Zinger.

You're lucky to have WOF/OOF and Schlitterbahn as local awesome parks, Silver Dollar City a 3-4 hour drive, Adventureland in Iowa 4 hours, and Six Flags St Louis 4 hours. And you have semi-drivable parks like Six Flags Great America in Chicago and Six Flags Over Texas at 8 hours, and more parks in Texas, Ohio and Indiana. And I probably missed several!

All we have here in the NW is Wild Waves, which hardly qualifies as a theme Park, and Silverwood - which is a good 5-6 hour drive. Everything else requires flying and advance planning, which is a pain in the arse.

Enjoy your parks!

Yea that was them. What a coincidence. I honestly didn't know adventure land was that close. You are saying 4 hours from Wichita right

Adventureland from Worlds of Fun is about 3 hours non-stop. From Wichita it's about 7 hours non-stop driving.

Yea that was them. What a coincidence. I honestly didn't know adventure land was that close. You are saying 4 hours from Wichita right

That is too funny. I grew up in Overland Park, went to SM West, and KU. Google maps says 3 hours, 14 minutes to Adventureland from OP.

So apparently timberwolf has reopened. According to a friend that lives in kc and is also an avid enthusiast. Timberwolf feels like a new coaster. He says prowler has also gotten a lot rougher since my last visit. He said timberwolf feels smoother than prowler now. I'll have to check that out soon.

^I haven't ridden Prowler yet but judging from past "post retracking" rides on Timber Wolf and rides on other GCI coasters I hope that isn't true; and I feel like it's probably a bit of a stretch. Unless of course the rehab has been incredibly extensive or Prowler has deteriorated like Gwazi.... I'll be there next week so I'll be happy to share my findings.

I haven’t been to WOF, but Timber wolf looks like a lot of fun and I would hate to see it go. The good thing is that I don’t think that it will leave soon, just lots of retracking during the off-season. The only problem with the RMC theory is that Cedar Fair has yet to do business with RMC. However I think Timber wolf would be good testing grounds for Cedar Fair to experiment with RMC.

Timber Wolf was plenty rough for my visit too, it always amazing me how strong of airtime it has though. Prowler was just okay for me. Not bent up about waiting so long to ride it at all. Too much throwing you around back and forth and not enough airtime... like at all. I wouldn't even say it cracks my top ten. Poop.

Ya timberwolf does have crazy airtime, but that's pretty much the only reason why I want to ride it. Prowler was great for my visit. It was smooth, and it did a lot of lifting me off my seat so it stays in my rankings where it is at right now

Anyone know of any rumors for 2015? It's quite depressing to have gone, what, six years without any new announcements? Prowler was added in 2009, so it's announcement would have been in 2008.

I know we've seen the renovation of Planet Snoopy, expansion of Ocean's of Fun, and addition of Steelhawk, but that's nothing to really get excited about. This park needs a new coaster, dark ride, SOMETHING... and badly.

Come on Cedar Fair, throw us a bone!

Anyone know of any rumors for 2015? It's quite depressing to have gone, what, six years without any new announcements? Prowler was added in 2009, so it's announcement would have been in 2008.

I know we've seen the renovation of Planet Snoopy, expansion of Ocean's of Fun, and addition of Steelhawk, but that's nothing to really get excited about. This park needs a new coaster, dark ride, SOMETHING... and badly.

The Dippin' Dots guy told me that they're building a Time Machine.

Dude, depressing is living in the Northwest and having only Wild Waves to go to.

You need to look at the entire park since WOF/OOF is all inclusive with paid admission. Ya'll got some really nice water slides in Shark's Revenge, Constrictor, and Predator's Plunge just last year (2013). I would feel very fortunate to live near KC with WOF/OOF, and Schitterbahn nearby.

I do understand what you are saying though, a new coaster would make a very decent park awesome. But Mamba, Prowler, and Patriot beat the crud out of anything within driving distance of Seattle.

I think they'll add a Disk'O and flying scooters. Maybe they might try out Iron Horsing Timberwolf.

I would love to see Timber Wolf get the RMC treatment, but unfortunately I don't think Cedar Fair will debut a Rocky Mountain project at a smaller park like WOF.

I do think an Iron Horse makeover would be a fantastic ride, but I'd much rather see the thing demolished and something brand new put in its place.

Worlds of Fun just posted this on facebook. Way for water parks!

Robb, if you want to make any edits, be my guest!

New waterpark attraction coming in 2015 at Worlds of Fun

Kansas City, MO: Worlds of Fun will provide another splash to its Oceans of Fun waterpark with the addition of Splash Island. The 4200-square-foot interactive water attraction opens in the spring of 2015 on Memorial Day weekend and spells fun for the whole family.

"It's exciting to add an attraction for a third straight season," Worlds of Fun vice-president and general manager Frank Wilburn said. "We've seen many successes combining Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun into one park for one price, and with our guests looking for more activities that could be shared by the whole family we've addressed those desires in a major way."

Splash Island will be the perfect place for families to relax and soak up the sun as water jets shoot up from the ground, cascade through the air and gush from tulips, flowers, frogs, and turtles. The attraction will be located near Coconut Cove.

Guests have long enjoyed the kayaks and canoes on the Buccaneer Bay. Next summer, guests will glide across the water in swan shaped paddle boats. "The swan paddle boats will provide our guests with another layer of unique experience and continue to add value to the overall guest experience at Worlds of Fun," Wilburn said.

Worlds of Fun 2015 season passes are now on sale for as low as nine easy payments of $10.50 or $94.50 plus applicable taxes and fees online at worldsoffun.com. Season passes for the 2015 season can also be purchased at Worlds of Fun during park operating days.

A season-long dining plan can be added to a 2015 season pass and is available with the easy pay program when purchased at the same time as a season pass. The season-long dining plan allows guests to enjoy two meals (lunch and dinner) every visit throughout the 2015 season.

Season-long dining is for $85.50 plus applicable taxes and fees. Similar to a season pass, now is the time to purchase the season-long dining plan at the absolute lowest price.

Worlds of Fun is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FUN." In addition to Worlds of Fun, Cedar Fair owns and operates ten other amusement parks, three water parks, one indoor water park resort, and five hotels. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in Gilroy, Calif. under management contract.