TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

So I just saw that timberwolf is not going to open at the same time the park does everyday. I'm wondering why that's the case. I hope maintenance on it isn't getting to bad because I don't want them to tear it down. I actually like it

Update on SteelHawk?

Also, what do you think Worlds of Fun is getting in 2015?

Steelhawk: not open. They weren't working on it nor testing it on Wednesday, the day it was rumored to open.

2015: I see the Thunderhawk area/Europa area getting what Valleyfair and Cedar Point got this year (a few new flats plus rehab)

Steelhawk: not open. They weren't working on it nor testing it on Wednesday, the day it was rumored to open.

2015: I see the Thunderhawk area/Europa area getting what Valleyfair and Cedar Point got this year (a few new flats plus rehab)

I see that working. A Disk'O and some Flying Scooters like my home park Cedar Point makes me happy any day.

So I went to worlds of fun yesterday. I noticed a couple of things good and bad.

Steelhawk is definitely getting close to opening. They were training the fire department and EMS on the new evacuation system. We saw the yellow and gray cages go up to the top of the tower while the main gondola was up there too.

Timberwolf just flat out sucked. It's never been as rough as it was.

Mamba had the mid course brakes on way to hard. It went to a near complete stop. I never knew there was a straight section on the drop off the mid course brakes. They. Have never been on so hard

Prowler was amazing!! It's never ran as good as it was when we went. You really felt the airtime. Or should I say hairtime.

Anyone have any pictures of the evac baskets up the tower? The only pictures of an assembled one I saw was at Knott's and it was never photographed more than a few feet above the ground. Even then they were frightening to look at, or thinking about actually using them.

So I went to worlds of fun yesterday. I noticed a couple of things good and bad.

Steelhawk is definitely getting close to opening. They were training the fire department and EMS on the new evacuation system. We saw the yellow and gray cages go up to the top of the tower while the main gondola was up there too.

Timberwolf just flat out sucked. It's never been as rough as it was.

Mamba had the mid course brakes on way to hard. It went to a near complete stop. I never knew there was a straight section on the drop off the mid course brakes. They. Have never been on so hard

Prowler was amazing!! It's never ran as good as it was when we went. You really felt the airtime. Or should I say hairtime.

Good to hear that there making progress on SteelHawk (or WindSeeker). Maybe they should RMC Timberwolf.

Yes steelhawk is getting really close and I can't wait. And with RMC and timberwolf. I think just keeping the layout the same and topper tracking the whole thing would be fine. But iron horse would be even better, because the current layout has so much RMC potential it would or could be amazing. I mean seriously iron horse for timberwolf which would make it steel wouldn't even make a gap in what worlds of fun has. They have a wooden coaster already and it's far superior. Honestly after riding timberwolf that time, and being a big fan of the ride. I would only be a little sad to see it leave. Just because it was my first wooden coaster and it's pretty cool despite being rough

So I just planned a last minute trip to Worlds of Fun in two weeks,(My dad has a Business Trip in Kansas City,MO and asked me come too) how bad are crowds on weekdays in July? I'll only be there one day. Should I get Fastlane Plus or just Fastlane, or neither ? I'm really exited to go to this park for the first time!

So I just planned a last minute trip to Worlds of Fun in two weeks,(My dad has a Business Trip in Kansas City,MO and asked me come too) how bad are crowds on weekdays in July? I'll only be there one day. Should I get Fastlane Plus or just Fastlane, or neither ? I'm really exited to go to this park for the first time!

I think they just have fastlane' and I would probably get it. Pretty busy sometimes

Edit: fast lane plus is just for the new waterslides, which don't have slow lines

^Thanks, I'll just get Fastlane then. Also is Steelhawk officially opened or was it just soft opening?

It's is open all the way!! May not seem like a big deal to other people considering it's just a windseeker, but it has an interesting story and took forever to open. But it means a lot to the people who don't have much else except worlds of fun like me.

I have a question to the people who have windseekers at their parks. How comfortable are they? They look pretty fine

Just got back from riding Steelhawk today. While it is a bit boring and short, it does give an amazing view. The one huge problem I have is with loading. This thing is literally the worst ride I have ever seen loading time wise. It took about TEN MINUTES (dead serious, no exaggeration) the first time I rode. They kept releasing lap bars over and over again. They checked me about six times. The good news is it is Steelhawk's first weekend and they will get better. Overall, the ride is a nice addition to WOF, just not thrilling enough for my taste.

^Thanks, I'll just get Fastlane then. Also is Steelhawk officially opened or was it just soft opening?

It's is open all the way!! May not seem like a big deal to other people considering it's just a windseeker, but it has an interesting story and took forever to open. But it means a lot to the people who don't have much else except worlds of fun like me.

I have a question to the people who have windseekers at their parks. How comfortable are they? They look pretty fine

The seats are very comfortable in my opinion. When I rode Skyscreamer in St. Louis, I was not a fan of the tight restraints. These restraints are very freeing and give you TONS of room. The seats are actually the main reason I prefer Steelhawk over Skyscreamer.

CP's WindSeeker restraint is exteremly comfortable. I always have to get a ride on WindSeeker every time I'm a CP because I get a really, really nice view of Lake Erie. On clear days, you can see Canada. You'll love SteelHawk (err... WindSeeker.) I've never been on a SkyScreamer so I can't do SkyScreamer vs. WindSeeker comparison.

Ok so today I got to ride steelhawk. I must say it is a great ride. Very comfortable. The view is great. I took an evening ride and It blew me away. I think they were playing et or whatever the son js whith the sortof whistling melody and I was so boodiful it makes you want to cry tears of joy. Then it started storming. Ok here is what I eperienced today

Timberwolf sucked

Boomerang sucked

The heat sucked

Mamba and prowler are great

Patriot was patriot

Ok so today I got to ride steelhawk. I must say it is a great ride. Very comfortable. The view is great. I took an evening ride and It blew me away. I think they were playing et or whatever the son js whith the sortof whistling melody and I was so boodiful it makes you want to cry tears of joy. Then it started storming. Ok here is what I eperienced today

Timberwolf sucked

Boomerang sucked

The heat sucked

Mamba and prowler are great

Patriot was patriot

Glad to hear that! Come to Cedar Point some day and ride WindSeeker. You can see Canada.

Also to add the funniest thing happened to me and my friend on spinning dragons. We got stuck. Not in the car, but on the track. Right outside the station. The operator didn't hold the button down long enough so it stopped us. That's at least what they said to us. The mechanics came and had to push us out of the station and we barely made it to the lift It was hilarious. But the only bad part was since we were right out of the station there was no shade and it was in the evening. So I was facing the sun. It oddly took the mechanics thirty minutes to get to us. We also saw the train robbery. It was a bit cheesy but funny. They were making jokes about currently popular songs. Then they insulted dubstep and that wasn't very funny. Also the new slides at oceans of fun were down all day

Whoops I forgot to mention the unthinkable happened today.

Steelhawk..... Got stuck. It only lasted thirty minutes though then it reopened after one test