TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Yay my first trip report!

Wow! This was by far the best day I have had at worlds of fun. All the bands from the region were here too. It was very busy, but they were really in the a-game today. Patriot was around 25 minute. Timberwolf was also about 25 minute. Prowler was averaging 30 minutes worst being an hour and best about five minutes. Mamba was pretty bad at about three hours.

Now other things that made this day great. Mamba's mid course brakes were on extremely light. AIRTIME ON EVERY HILL. Prowler was running great too. The lap bar didn't keep getting tighter and tighter. I know one guy was saying that he couldn't fell the airtime in his trip report. But you do now. I don't know what they did to mamba and prowler but whatever they actually did they need to keep doing it. So the only photos I got were of Steelhawk sooooooo. Man I got to say that ride is massive. You can tell mamba is built on higher terrain because it looks like you are almost to the top of steelhawk.

image.thumb.jpg.23a979076dc5e4c0f5c563199db15e24.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.c435795993e86a701958f472ecec52d3.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.f9ffa178e00b629d678d70c533073cb0.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.ed085a86d9fc7b646839b00430113086.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.e1fc9dafe4add8c7a241da2b23eca3c4.jpg

Edited by Jaykethekid

So I'll be at the park today if anyone wants to grab a ride or two together. If so just PM me.

If I lived in the area, I would totally have met you . Unfortunately - it is kind of a haul from Central Florida.

Mamba's mid course brakes were on extremely light. AIRTIME ON EVERY HILL.

Sweet! I'm guessing this isn't necessarily consistent throughout a given season, but great to hear it's at least possible.

Prowler was running great too. The lap bar didn't keep getting tighter and tighter.

For me, Prowler was one of the worst for that, even considering that the vast majority of Millennium Flyers do this. Maybe you were just lucky, but if it is due to some kind of adjustment, that's good news!

Thanks for your report.

It wasn't just me. My dad mom friend and cousin rode behind me and said they were a lot looser than before. It's funny I almost made a kid faint because I had a tpr shirt on that day. Lol he was alright though. I am going tomorrow I'll tell you guys if those changes stayed the same.

Sorry for a double post, but if anyone is going today, be careful. Severe Kansas storms are heading your way. Large hail and high winds in excess of 60 mph. I also asked once of the maintenance workers at worlds of fun if they did something to prowlers lap bar. They said yes for the exact reason I stated!

Does anyone know a good order to go around the park? I'm heading to Worlds of Fun on Saturday. I'm guessing I should hit up Spinning Dragons and Boomerang as soon as possible and then head to the bigger rides.

Spinning dragons is a fun ride don't get me wrong, but no matter when you go the line is WAY long. Boomerang is not worth riding at all. I would say start with mamba because it gets the longest lines. Then I would go to patriot, then timberwolf, now to prowler. Gotta save the best for the last enjoy your day!

^ Except for that's not an order. If you do it in that order you bounce back and forward across the Park. I just go in a counter clockwise direction once in the gait. You hit Spinning Dragons, Patriot, Timber Wolf, Mamba, Boomerang, then Prowler, plus all the flats and water Rides that way.

^ Except for that's not an order. If you do it in that order you bounce back and forward across the Park. I just go in a counter clockwise direction once in the gait. You hit Spinning Dragons, Patriot, Timber Wolf, Mamba, Boomerang, then Prowler, plus all the flats and water Rides that way.

Thanks for the advice

I was just basing mine on ride experience and wait times, but his way will work great as it doesn't require as much walking.

Also steel hawk is testing!

One more thing I have to say is that even though they have mamba, a hyper gtx coaster would be a nice fit for worlds of fun.

SteelHawk is testing with the lighting program turned on. Looks freaking amazing! Fingers crossed it'll be open tomorrow but I doubt it

I wish I could see how it looks. Well, it wasn't even scheduled to open today. It opens May 23 or next Friday.

Is anybody here a fan of Cyclone Sam? It seemed extremely insane when I went a few years ago.

Oh boy I love it. It is the hidden gem of the flats at worlds of fun. Airtime and lights.... Or no lights..... I can't get over it.

I never get to ride it because the ride cycle is super long and the line forms out of the building.

Some notes from my visit today:

-I've never been to WOF before, and I found it to be a charming park with decent themeing and great flats. A launched looping coaster is needed though.

-Patriot, Prowler, and Mamba were all really good. Mamba has an amazing beginning, but after the helix the ride is very boring. Patriot is better than Batman in my opinion because it offers airtime as well as positive-G's. I prefer American Thunder to Prowler due to AT's relentless airtime, but Prowler is great.

-Timber Wolf only opened for 30 minutes in the middle of the day before closing again. Missed credit

-Worlds of Fun's flats are fun, especially Cyclone Sam and Thunderhawk.

Full PTR coming soon

Some notes from my visit today:

-I've never been to WOF before, and I found it to be a charming park with decent themeing and great flats. A launched looping coaster is needed though.

-Patriot, Prowler, and Mamba were all really good. Mamba has an amazing beginning, but after the helix the ride is very boring. Patriot is better than Batman in my opinion because it offers airtime as well as positive-G's. I prefer American Thunder to Prowler due to AT's relentless airtime, but Prowler is great.

-Timber Wolf only opened for 30 minutes in the middle of the day before closing again. Missed credit

-Worlds of Fun's flats are fun, especially Cyclone Sam and Thunderhawk.

Full PTR coming soon

Is anybody here a fan of Cyclone Sam? It seemed extremely insane when I went a few years ago.

Had to comment. Cyclone Sam's was really one of the great suprises at Worlds of Fun for me. I was there with TPR in 2010 and it was so hot that people in Hell were making fun of us. We had a great time regardless, but my group rode Cyclone Sam's three or four times - just for the Air conditioning, breeze and general awesomeness of it!!

Does anyone know if they got the reprofiling done to Timber Wolf in off season??

I know they were supposed to work on it and some major rehab to Viking voyager.

I don't think they did. When we went I did not see really any new wood besides a couple beams replaced every now and then on the track and supports. Maybe it got delayed because of steelhawk being built

^^And I was there for two of those (I think)! Gotta be my favorite indoor flat (and it has some worthy competition), both considering the amazing cycle it runs and the fact that a Wipeout is a uniquely bad-a$$ ride to stick in a box.

^^^^^/^^^^^^

I actually think the charm and setting of WOF is a bit underrated, so I'm glad someone agrees on that point. It seems to have a reputation as yet another generic corporate park that had its original character ripped out, but I thought it had a pretty nice feel to it. Then again, this is coming from someone who feels the same way (albeit to a lesser extent) about Valleyfair and even parts of Dorney, which probably invalidates a lot of what I just said.