TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Has anyone seen if steel hawk has begun testing.
I think they are installing LED's right now. All I know is the ride most likely will NOT be open on Opening Day (straight from the park).

On another note, here's another picture I took today of Steelhawk from another angle: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396747079.555808.thumb.jpg.84b89d67bf7c8a04e76ff410f816f3eb.jpg

I was in KC this weekend and passed by the park a couple of times. Steelhawk really stands out. Someone asked about testing... I didn't see anything going on, but like someone else mentioned it could be because they're installing the LEDs.

^ Ahhh, Windseekers. Where the light package is more important than making sure the thing can actually open for at least one ride per day.

Or that it's exciting by any stretch. SFDK's Sky Screamer was more intense than Windseeker at Canada's Wonderland and that's 2x the height.

I think they are installing LED's right now. All I know is the ride most likely will NOT be open on Opening Day (straight from the park).

On another note, here's another picture I took today of Steelhawk from another angle: [attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396747079.555808.jpg[/attachment]

I never realized how clean cut Patriot's lay out was. Very nice.

On another note, here's another picture I took today of Steelhawk from another angle: [attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396747079.555808.jpg[/attachment]

You like it). We'll happily trade it for Banshee

You like it). We'll happily trade it for Banshee

No thanks. But it does look like a nice simple coaster. Something like it could easily fit and work well in a park like Holiday World.

^Patriot is actually pretty fun. Mainly "forceless" as far as positives go, but it has quite a bit of airtime for an inverted coaster. Don't expect much more from Banshee... New B&Ms are all pretty much the same in terms of conservative-ness.

Awesome picture though, definitely makes SteelHawk look a lot less out of place.

I agree about patriot. Yes it is sometimes isnt that forceful, but they really exaggerate that fact. The only really force less parts are the exit of the zero g roll and the hill over that station. The rest is pretty fair. I honestly prefers this over raptor, because it I smoother, better designed(transitions), has airtime, I know you didn't see that coming, a perfect zero g roll, an amazingly forceful corkscrew and helix combo, and topped of with an American theme. That is all I need for a good coaster.

Yes I agree. It really isn't as bad as everyone else says it is. I think they just say that because they fanboy the parks with older inverts and we are smaller and newer. They only say that cause they want more parks under the superior reign of the big ones like cp and sfmm.

Well if you like forceless coasters then Banshee will probably be perfect for you. As far as this post goes...

Forces are okay. I just don't like them to forceful.

I don't know what you mean by that. What's an example of a ride that's forceful but has forces . That makes no sense... do you mean something like Superman Ultimate Flight at Great Adventure where there is one moment of force but the rest of the ride is an incredibly boring series of turns over the old parking lot? I don't get it. lol

Well if you like forceless coasters then Banshee will probably be perfect for you. As far as this post goes...

Forces are okay. I just don't like them to forceful.

I don't know what you mean by that. What's an example of a ride that's forceful but has forces . That makes no sense... do you mean something like Superman Ultimate Flight at Great Adventure where there is one moment of force but the rest of the ride is an incredibly boring series of turns over the old parking lot? I don't get it. lol

Kind of I guess. I mean, I like when a coaster has major forces for a couple seconds, then it is what everyone else calls boring. I should get off of the force topic. I don't even know what I'm saying.

Yes I agree. It really isn't as bad as everyone else says it is. I think they just say that because they fanboy the parks with older inverts and we are smaller and newer. They only say that cause they want more parks under the superior reign of the big ones like cp and sfmm.

I don't agree with this. I really like WoF, go to the park at least 3 or 4 times each year, but Patriot is my least favorite of the 15 or so B&M Inverted coasters I've been on. It's not a bad ride, but there's nothing really exciting about it, either.

I can se that, but what I was meaning by that is not the worst invert I have been on. It is my second favorite, but let's get off the topic of people who want to criticize other for their love of some inverts and I will ask did anyone see if those rumored rebuilds of timberwolf were ever made.

I went to check out Worlds of Fun on opening day, and we had a blast. We stayed all night for the campout, and while the event wasn't anything spectacular, it was still a lot of fun. We woke up early for ERT on Patriot (which they couldn't get going til about 20 min.Into the ERT) and the employees actually did a very good job, especially for their fist day on the job.

One thing that many people didn't realize going to the park was that Steelhawk was NOT open, making many guests angry. I think WOF should have done a better job getting out the message that the brand new, 300 ft. SBNO ride would not be ready. They didn't post it on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. I could see why many guests were upset.

I also got a chance to check out the new Cedar Fair in-park TV program, called Fun TV. It displayed trivia, news, ads for in-park services ( of course) and the weather. It was actually very cool and entertaining IMO. And they used special TV's so that they ARE visible in direct sunlight.

Otherwise, fantastic opening day. I think the only rides down all day were Steelhawk, Thunderhawk, And Octopus. And with the consistant 70-80 degree weather all day, I think this might be the best opening day I've been to at WOF.

I also took a video of Opening Day, which includes a few shots of Steelhawk and a lot of slow motion shots. Sorry that it's not available on mobile, but I hope you enjoy: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iIyh-JHwzB4

Here are some pictures:

image.thumb.jpg.104c400f04f5822f7772c3912770c392.jpg

Entering the park for Patriot ERT

image.thumb.jpg.9f7ac0d545ff14bfb770d72aef0d4b3e.jpg

In line for the last ride on ERT

trim.983134F9-6CE3-44AB-9122-41E4A7A0DA63.MOV

image.thumb.jpg.faaab528341243870d1528863ca1fd07.jpg

You can even see Steelhawk from the Africa section of the park

image.thumb.jpg.569c8116aeb5ea273c34c510c281e97f.jpg

A view of Steelhawk walking back to Americana section

image.thumb.jpg.e3b064820cfbd48e4092353c84fe5f9b.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.59b54a2c39402f54bc19e6af8cb31000.jpg

Steelhawk on the 2014 Worlds of Fun map

image.thumb.jpg.9ee6aecd49f434c990ec52fe42553c9b.jpg

Also found this interesting. The park now teases 11 extreme haunts, up from 10 last year