TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Thanks for sharing that article. I'm a fan of the Windseeker's, Still need to try a Sky Screamer though.

I prefer Sky Screamers over Windseekers. There's something about the chain that makes it more thrilling.

You mean the risk of getting stuck 300 feet in the air for hours isn't thrilling enough?

Enough said.

Thanks for sharing that article. I'm a fan of the Windseeker's, Still need to try a Sky Screamer though.

I prefer Sky Screamers over Windseekers. There's something about the chain that makes it more thrilling.

You mean the risk of getting stuck 300 feet in the air for hours isn't thrilling enough?

Nope, needs more flame throwers.

I can hear the GP now..."Somebody died on that in California, that's why they moved it here!" "Really? I heard EVERYONE died on it!" "I'm not riding it! Its not safe!" Ugh

No, Cedar Fair has done a good job of keeping it a secret that Steel Hawk is from Knott's. The GP is too stupid to look it up, and I've only seen one news article on the topic.

I can hear the GP now..."Somebody died on that in California, that's why they moved it here!" "Really? I heard EVERYONE died on it!" "I'm not riding it! Its not safe!" Ugh

No, Cedar Fair has done a good job of keeping it a secret that Steel Hawk is from Knott's. The GP is too stupid to look it up, and I've only seen one news article on the topic.

Yes, I went around my school asking people if they new where and steelhawk came from and what happened at its last location. No one knew anything about it. Most of the people I asked have been to wof, considering it is just a short two hour dive up north east from my home town of Wichita ks.

I prefer Skyscreamers too but I like them both. One thing I love about Windseekers (besides the amazing lighting package) is the insane capacity. No matter how crowded the park is I know I can go over to Widnseeker and get on in 1 or 2 cycles. It's just a great relaxing ride.

I'm not riding Windseeker 1. It isn't safe.

I prefer Skyscreamers too but I like them both. One thing I love about Windseekers (besides the amazing lighting package) is the insane capacity. No matter how crowded the park is I know I can go over to Widnseeker and get on in 1 or 2 cycles. It's just a great relaxing ride.

I'm not riding Windseeker 1. It isn't safe.

HAHAHA!!!! Love it!

I can't wait till I get to go. We get season passes there and usually go right after my School year ends. I will try and make a Photo report when I go. It will bug me since once I get out of school we go straight to SDC and on our way back home we go here. We have to drive by it which will make me want to try out steelhawk

Here's hoping their maintenance team manages to keep it operational. I've yet to ride this type of attraction because they're constantly broken. StarFlyers, on the other hand, I've been on every one I've some across.

Because they wanted to revitalize a pretty dead area of the park. The area they put it in was completely dead when I visited in 2012, while the rest of the park had a steady flow of people.
If they were wanting to revive a dead area of the park, I would think they would put Steelhawk where Thunderhawk was, considering that area is always very dead and sad to look at.

Here's hoping their maintenance team manages to keep it operational. I've yet to ride this type of attraction because they're constantly broken. StarFlyers, on the other hand, I've been on every one I've some across.

They got a new maintenance director directly from Disney last year, and he seemed very dedicated to a new 5 year plan he developed to fix up areas of the park that need it. We'll have to see, but I think they will do a good job keeping it up.