TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A crane is now in position to start removing Windseeker/Steelhawk from KBF, so we could see it arrive at WOF by January...

I really wonder of the ride will be more reliable than it was in kbf. Also, for the people who have rode a windseeker, what is it like

^ I didn't ride the one at KBF, but I've ridden the ones at CW, CP, and Carowinds. Essentially, combine a wave swinger with an observation tower. The pair make an odd match that's not quite a thrill ride, but not a family ride. It's a really interesting experience that's difficult to describe. You just have to ride it for yourself. I personally find them to be very relaxing, but unnerving at the same time.

A crane is now in position to start removing Windseeker/Steelhawk from KBF, so we could see it arrive at WOF by January...

I really wonder of the ride will be more reliable than it was in kbf. Also, for the people who have rode a windseeker, what is it like

I've wondered the same thing. I certainly hope it is. This is the biggest addition WOF has gotten in several years and I really want it to be a successful one.

I've wondered the same thing. I certainly hope it is. This is the biggest addition WOF has gotten in several years and I really want it to be a successful one.

As someone who has ridden the Windseeker at Canada's Wonderland, Let me put it to you this way. My dad gets dizzy on spinning rides and when we got to the top was really uninspired and kinda bored. And as someone who went on the SFDK 150ft Sky Screamer, That one is more intense and scarier than Windseekers. Miner Mike's are more forceful than Windseekers IMO.

^ I agree. The KC area does have a great view in all directions. Plus I think it will be able to market better at WOF. Tallest ride in the parks history, and the name is cool. I dont like flats, and I will not be riding Steelhawk, but I am still excited about its arrival simply for the benefit of one of my home parks.

^ I don't understand CF's obsession with hawks. We've got Thunderhawk, Firehawk, Nighthawk, and now Steelhawk. I'm just wondering how terrible the next one they come up with will sound.

Ironhawk.... however if that involves RMC I will happily accept that name.

I still can't get over the fact that there's another ride in the park that ends in "hawk".

This is only the second one. Its not like "Hawk" is on numerous rides in the Park lol! And besides, Thunderhawk probably wont be around for many more seasons. I would say no more than five.

I still can't get over the fact that there's another ride in the park that ends in "hawk".

This is only the second one. Its not like "Hawk" is on numerous rides in the Park lol! And besides, Thunderhawk probably wont be around for many more seasons. I would say no more than five.

What makes you say that?

^ Its frequent down time, and low rider ship. I'm not saying it will be removed immediately, I just don't think it will be around for many more seasons. I'm not saying I know for a fact, I'm just going off the signs.

^ Its frequent down time, and low rider ship. I'm not saying it will be removed immediately, I just don't think it will be around for many more seasons. I'm not saying I know for a fact, I'm just going off the signs.

Yes I do agree. I think it was two seasons ago that it was down for all but the last week of operation there at worlds of fun. Also if they do sometime remove timberwolf I think it should be replaced by the chance hyper lite. They look really intense like lightning run at Kentucky kingdom. Also I think it would be cool to ride a coaster made in my town because chance is located in Wichita kansas

• 3 weeks later...