TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

^ You haven't been "jipped" of a major coaster. Valleyfair hasn't had a new coaster since Renegade in 2007. Michigan's Adventure added a used SLC in 2008, which otherwise hasn't seen new major coaster since Shivering Timbers in 1998! Worlds of Fun got Prowler in 2009. It may have been a while, but you haven't been robbed of a new coaster.

Dont get me wrong, I love WOF, and I think we have a beautiful park. I just feel we have been jipped for several years now when it comes to a new signature addition.

Mamba and Prowler are two of the best coasters anywhere, and they're totally unique. You don't need a new coaster every year, and Prowler is only four years old at this point. There are other rides too, and actually that's one of the great things about Worlds of Fun, is that there is so much more to the park than the coasters. How many parks can boast about their rapids ride? Fury of the Nile is top-notch, and very fun. WoF even has a dark ride, and you just don't see a lot of those anymore. Not everyone who goes to a park likes coasters, and you need to have something for everybody. Worlds of Fun is the sort of place you can take the whole family, and everyone will have a good time, from the smallest kids to the coaster fan.

I think the amusement industry would be far better if the focus was not more rides but good and different rides, in which each park would take more time, save up more money, and build something that wows people. Spend more on maintenance too. Maintenance doesn't sell tickets like a new ride does, and that's part of the problem America has. It's why our roads and bridges crumble. We build new and shiny, and we don't take care of what we already have. But a park that maintains what it has will sell me a ticket over a park that has something new. That's why we have season tickets to SDC, and why we went to WoF this year as well, and we haven't been to Six Flags in years. Well-maintained rides are more fun, and more consistently fun. We had a blast at WoF this summer, and I tell you Mamba is just as fun now as it was in 1998 when I was a teenager. So let's not complain about the lack of new and shiny, when the park puts this much care into keeping what it has. WoF was not always like this, and the park totally deserves the level of care it's getting right now.

^ Alright allow me to rephrase. I love WOF. I just feel that 2014 should have been a new coaster year, so now I will hope for 2015. Yes, parks need to be versatile and what not, but I am a Roller Coaster Enthusiast, and that is what I want. May sound selfish, but that is what I'm interested in. Besides, I'm also not interested in flats because the majority of them spin which makes me sick. So again we are back to I just care about the coasters. I hope we get one for 2015.

I have a quick question for the locals, Which Saturday would be the least busy to visit their Halloween event? I can only go on Saturday as i just got a new job and don't have any vacation time yet. I know Saturday will be busy. I was thinking the second Saturday would be my best bet as i think first Saturday will be super busy along with any Saturday in October. Any help would be a greatly appreciated.

^I went to Haunt twice last year, both times on a Saturday. On my first visit, the crowds were pretty heavy, but later that night just about everything had no wait, included the mazes. The temperature was also around freezing at that point. The next visit, crowds were very heavy and stayed consistent through out the night, and apparently it was the park's busiest day on record, as the weather was great.

I would say your best bet is going on a day when the weather forecast is a bit chillier than normal.

^ thanks for the information but, do you know if one of the weekends typically has a lighter crowd (opening weekend, end of September, or early October)? Also will it be easy to knock out all of the rides in the afternoon allowing for ample time to leave, get food, and just relax for a bit before coming back to hit the haunts when they open? Again thanks for the help

I have a quick question for the locals, Which Saturday would be the least busy to visit their Halloween event? I can only go on Saturday as i just got a new job and don't have any vacation time yet. I know Saturday will be busy. I was thinking the second Saturday would be my best bet as i think first Saturday will be super busy along with any Saturday in October. Any help would be a greatly appreciated.

The closer you get to the end of October, the worse the crowds get. If you can only go on Saturday, go on one of the first two weekends of haunt. Expect crowds with any Saturday, but September will be a little lighter. If you're willing to stay until the park closes, there will be absolutely no line by the end of the night.

Anyone go out for opening weekend for the haunts? Would like to know how the haunts were along with how the crowd levels were compared to last year.

They are the same haunts I believe. But crowds are always monsterous. Timberwolf had a full que and a 3 hour wait. Prowlers line was out of the que and by Zulu. Overall very very busy

^ I predict a Wingrider

But if you had to chose something besides a wing rider what would you say

Well, if I could choose I would go with an awesome B&M Floorless, or an amazing RMC!

Now that sounds like a good idea! I do think wing riders are cool but since I haven't been on one I really don't know how they ride.

• 2 weeks later...