TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

So I'm assuming it's replacing Grand Prix when they mean "across from Patriot"?

Whatever, it is cool that we get one of these, but I won't be cool if it has the problems that other parks have had.

From what I'm hearing it will be in Reeler's old spot while Grand Prix will be a behind the scenes area next year. I'm also hearing the next coaster will go in that location.

^ From what I understand the one at Knott's is safe and able to run for all intensive purposes, and has the new evac system on site. But CAL/OSHA is being a little too cautious and not letting them reopen.

This combined with the fact that they are now free to make modifications after they disassemble Windseeker probably will make it safer than the other installations.

I hope it's Knott's, moving it out of California is what's best for the ride.

^ From what I understand the one at Knott's is safe and able to run for all intensive purposes, and has the new evac system on site. But CAL/OSHA is being a little too cautious and not letting them reopen.

Grammar Lesson of the Day: The phrase you want is "all intents and purposes," not "all intensive purposes."

I remember chatting with some techs at Kings Dominion earlier this season as they were testing the evac system for their Windseeker, and they said that they haven't had the same problems as Knott's because KD had a "newer, upgraded" version of the ride. Take that for what it's worth.

Personally, I like the name Steelhawk. I'm not overly fond of the fact that it is just a Windseeker, but its better than nothing. I can continue to hope for a new coaster for WOF for 2015.

I also have my hopes up for something big in 2015. If they didn't want something big in the next couple of years they wouldn't have got the knotts windseeker. Since it will cost less than a brand spanking new ride. They must be teasing us for something quite exciting in the future

I feel like the only one that really likes the name, a lot.

I like the name, but I'd rather it have been called Skyhawk. I guess they want to keep that exclusive to CP's S&S swing.

Maybe they're just avoiding any names which have been associated with down-time this year

Personally, I like the name Steelhawk. I'm not overly fond of the fact that it is just a Windseeker, but its better than nothing. I can continue to hope for a new coaster for WOF for 2015.

Hey! That's SFMM's tagline.

Lol I think it can fit with MANY Theme Parks lol!

Am I the only one who sees timberwolf as a major chance to make something insane with RMC. Just think. The first turnaround already has decent airtime .just wonder what RMC could do with the helix. Maybe a spiral up into a zero g roll. I just see a huge advantage for RMC

Am I the only one who sees timberwolf as a major chance to make something insane with RMC. Just think. The first turnaround already has decent airtime .just wonder what RMC could do with the helix. Maybe a spiral up into a zero g roll. I just see a huge advantage for RMC

Not at all. There are a lot of great things that could be done, especially since the ride has a rather odd T shape to it. After seeing Goliath and Medusa, I see so much creativity coming from RMC right now. Everything else just seems tame in comparison.

^^ I think it would be a great idea, and it would make it into a fantastic and thrilling ride. I just dont expect it to happen. For one, CF has not done, or hinted at any RMC projects for their parks at all, and also CF does not really do a lot of nice, big things for WOF, or VF, or MA, very unfortunately.

^Huh? Since they purchased WOF, they've added three new coasters two of which were no less than 10 million, a new planet snoopy and all the new rides that came with that, a kick ass refurbished carousel, and now they've been given Windseeker which they'd have gotten anyway had they not had so many issues with the others, not to mention a new haunt building(which is now being copied at other CF parks), new water slides, a refurbished water park, and a slew of other improvements. A park need not a mega coaster every two years to not have a major investment placed in it. Planet Snoopy has been a huge hit as has the water park additions and rehab.

Added together they've spent more than $50 million just on rides and attractions!

^Huh? Since they purchased WOF, they've added three new coasters two of which were no less than 10 million, a new planet snoopy and all the new rides that came with that, a kick A$$ refurbished carousel, and now they've been given Windseeker which they'd have gotten anyway had they not had so many issues with the others, not to mention a new haunt building(which is now being copied at other CF parks), new water slides, a refurbished water park, and a slew of other improvements. A park need not a mega coaster every two years to not have a major investment placed in it. Planet Snoopy has been a huge hit as has the water park additions and rehab.

Added together they've spent more than $50 million just on rides and attractions!

Agreed. CF has been great to WoF. I went there pre-Cedar Fair, and that place was a dump. The first thing CF did when they bought the park in 1996 was to add Detonator, the first of its kind in the US. They followed that up in 1998 with Mamba, which is still the tallest and fastest full-circuit coaster in Missouri (Mr. Freeze edges it out on both counts), and it remains the longest coaster in the state. Really, back then we were floored that Worlds of Fun would put in things like that. The fact that now the patrons expect big things is a testament to how well CF has run the park. In the 90s, we were impressed if not one of the rides rotted out over the winter.