TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

According to Screamscape there is a rumor that WOF could recieve Knott's Berry Farm's Windseeker! I sincerely hope this rumor does not come true! I would rather see no new addition for the park in 2014 than to receive ANY form of a Windseeker! The ride experience is completely lackluster, and they are not reliable in the least! Besides, SFStL has a Sky Screamer, which is a much better version of the ride anyway, and that in not that far away from WOF.

I really don't agree, I think WindSeeker is a far better ride than Sky Screamer, not to mention I have seen Kids swing sets with heaver gauge chain break. Not sure I really feel "safe" on them. On top of that according the new Maintenance director Windseeker is here to stay with Cedar Fair.

According to Screamscape there is a rumor that WOF could recieve Knott's Berry Farm's Windseeker! I sincerely hope this rumor does not come true! I would rather see no new addition for the park in 2014 than to receive ANY form of a Windseeker! The ride experience is completely lackluster, and they are not reliable in the least! Besides, SFStL has a Sky Screamer, which is a much better version of the ride anyway, and that in not that far away from WOF.

I really don't agree, I think WindSeeker is a far better ride than Sky Screamer, not to mention I have seen Kids swing sets with heaver gauge chain break. Not sure I really feel "safe" on them. On top of that according the new Maintenance director Windseeker is here to stay with Cedar Fair.

I would just rather not see one in our park, whether it is used OR brand new. I'm tired of cookie cutter attractions, especially lame ones. I was hoping for a new, unique flat, or maybe even a new coaster (haha) for 2014. I dont know why but the windseeker rumor just really bugs me. On the bright side though there is also a rumor for a new addition to OOF.

I would just rather not see one in our park, whether it is used OR brand new. I'm tired of cookie cutter attractions, especially lame ones. I was hoping for a new, unique flat, or maybe even a new coaster (haha) for 2014. I dont know why but the windseeker rumor just really bugs me. On the bright side though there is also a rumor for a new addition to OOF.

You would rather have slow, cookie cutter go-karts than a slightly used flat ride? I can assure you that if they were planning something big for 2015, it will be there in 2015. This seemed more like a last minute deal to make sure that the ride they spent $5 million is in good use. I highly doubt that Cedar Fair is using this as an excuse to push their next ride back, especially since Knott's Windseeker "only" broke down 11 months ago. If anything it will move people and change our skyline for the better!

Something I've been thinking about here lately, now that SFStL is marketing themselves as "The Coaster Capital of Missouri", you would think that CF/WOF would want to compete with that. Sort of make WOF and SFStL the mini CP and SFMM of the Midwest. Our own little Coaster war of the Midwest. It would be great for competition, and for their marketing. But it seems CF/WOF has no interest in taking the "crown", at least right now.

Something I've been thinking about here lately, now that SFStL is marketing themselves as "The Coaster Capital of Missouri", you would think that CF/WOF would want to compete with that. Sort of make WOF and SFStL the mini CP and SFMM of the Midwest. Our own little Coaster war of the Midwest. It would be great for competition, and for their marketing. But it seems CF/WOF has no interest in taking the "crown", at least right now.

The problem is with the whole "Coaster Capitol" concept is it becomes about quantity not quality because neither park is all that money laden. After all in my opinion if St Louis really wanted to be a REAL coaster capitol they would have competed with Mamba NOT boomerang..

Not to change the subject but they did release some information on some killer new stuff at Haunt this year. They now have 3 levels of Fastpass for Haunt. The basic level, a Skeleton Key Level, and a VIP level. The Skeleton key level sounds really cool. In 5 of the Haunts there will be a Skeleton key room this is apparently an interactive room with a puzzle you have to solve in order to get out of the room. The VIP level has the Skeleton Key piece, Dinner is included, there is a special section for watching the opening ceremonies and they were saying that you go with the parade to be front of the line for the opening of the haunt of your choice. They were saying it will be more interactive with the actors as well. Sounds like it will be pretty killer.

The problem is with the whole "Coaster Capitol" concept is it becomes about quantity not quality because neither park is all that money laden. After all in my opinion if St Louis really wanted to be a REAL coaster capitol they would have competed with Mamba NOT boomerang..

Not to change the subject but they did release some information on some killer new stuff at Haunt this year. They now have 3 levels of Fastpass for Haunt. The basic level, a Skeleton Key Level, and a VIP level. The Skeleton key level sounds really cool. In 5 of the Haunts there will be a Skeleton key room this is apparently an interactive room with a puzzle you have to solve in order to get out of the room. The VIP level has the Skeleton Key piece, Dinner is included, there is a special section for watching the opening ceremonies and they were saying that you go with the parade to be front of the line for the opening of the haunt of your choice. They were saying it will be more interactive with the actors as well. Sounds like it will be pretty killer.

I did'nt really think about it that way, and you make a very good point. Although I do feel that CF takes more pride in adding quality additions to their parks more so than SF. But of course that is not always the case.

I'm going to the park tomorrow evening, so I'll be on the look out for any signs of markings or anything around TWolf - Thunderhawk and Viking Voyager. I dunno, I'm still expecting something huge for 2015, like others are speculating. I can definitely imagine a Giga going in there behind Timber Wolf that spans to Patriot. There's a whole open grassy area around there.

• 2 weeks later...

^ I think so too, LOL!

I also find it funny that this is Knotts' second short-lived attraction whose name has to do with wind! (WS I think will get a new life for sure, but as for WJ, good riddance. Glad I never have to think of riding that!)

Edited by Blue Fire Guy

^ I think so too, LOL!

I also find it funny that this is Knotts' second short-lived attraction whose name has to do with wind! (WS I think will get a new life for sure, but as for WJ, good riddance. Glad I never have to think of riding that!)

And I thought WJ (which couldn't jam wind at all) was awesome at the time (1998, still a GP then).

At least if it is Wind Seeker, it will be out of Osha's death grip.

Just got an email from Worlds of Fun about a "major ride announcement" on Friday. Wonder what it could be? Any thoughts?

I heard this Windseeker will be different from all the others in a unique way. And no, I'm not talking about the paint job.

The only one to be relocated! The only one to open in 2014! The only one that's in Missouri!

Just got an email from Worlds of Fun about a "major ride announcement" on Friday. Wonder what it could be? Any thoughts?

I heard this Windseeker will be different from all the others in a unique way. And no, I'm not talking about the paint job.

It's going to be exclusively backwards and upside down & then will stop you at the top for three minutes (versus three hours).