TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

^Just saw that! I think I read something about the Topper Track going on the helix, but I think the deadliest part of the ride by far is the first drop. The coaster could definitely use it, though (and I say this as a fan).

You're right about the first drop being the worst, however I'll gladly accept any improvement to the ride. Hopefully the park will like the improvement and opt for topper track on the entire ride. But thats just me dreaming

I'm pretty certain that there's at least one woodie per park in the CF chain that could benefit greatly from the RMC treatment.Hopfully this works out & CF recognizes the potential ROI that such an investment can provide.

This is a little late but Screamscape rumors say that Oceans of Fun might be getting a new waterslide to replace Diamond Head, and that Timberwolf might test out some RMC topper track.

If they take out Diamond Head, I swear..

Hands down the best water slides at the park, and some of my favorite that I've ever been on.

And Timber Wolf is getting topper track? Sounds good to me. I don't know why, but two times this year when I've been to the park, Timber Wolf has been closed - I don't know if it was because maintenance or if they were inspecting something. Who knows. The park hasn't gotten anything exciting since Prowler back in 09.

When I rode Timber Wolf two years ago, I was expecting the worst, but was pleasantly surprised. I liked the ride well enough, thinking it was just lacking "something" to make it "very good" or "great." Maybe topper track is the answer.

This is a little late but Screamscape rumors say that Oceans of Fun might be getting a new waterslide to replace Diamond Head, and that Timberwolf might test out some RMC topper track.

If they take out Diamond Head, I swear..

Hands down the best water slides at the park, and some of my favorite that I've ever been on.

Yeah, that's my favorite slide also. You go around the turns fast enough that it almost feels you're going to fall out.

Well I was at Oceans of Fun today, and I think the rumors about Diamond Head are correct. Right below the loading area, around the rocks and such, there was one pink flag. I don't know if they only meant to put up 1, or they'll start adding more in the future, but there was one single flag underneath the platform.

I really don't want these slides to leave. They're the best water slides out there.

When I rode Timber Wolf two years ago, I was expecting the worst, but was pleasantly surprised. I liked the ride well enough, thinking it was just lacking "something" to make it "very good" or "great." Maybe topper track is the answer.

I would say that a re-interpretation of the ride might be in order. If perhaps Gravity Group or RMC could make the turns and drops more intense, that would been appreciated. It comes off to me as slow and rough. Some re-tracking couldn't hurt it at the bare minimum.

Hmm... That is clearly a park map pre-2009 (That is where Prowler now stands.) I have only been to WoF once, therefore I am not too familiar with everything, but maybe those slides that were taken down for Prowler are re-opening in Oceans of Fun?

That looks like the old Python Plunge slides that were in Prowler's current midway/queue area. Yes, that is an older map, but those slides were never very popular so I'm fairly sure they wont be returning. I'm personally hoping the new slides are something similar to SFStl's Bonzai Pipeline slides.

Just got back from Coaster Mayhem(more on that later this week) and I have to say wow, what a huge difference in park operations not only year over but since opening weekend. The park has made some major changes that have them returning to who they are. And by that I mean friendly, knowledgeable, helpful staff which in turns translates to a much better guest experience.

As I believe I mentioned earlier this year, the park has started allowing guests into the plaza area prior to park opening which has eliminated the madness at the main gate(it also provides for good comedy watching people running to the favorite rides at gate removal). In addition to letting guests in to the plaza early they have people who interact with guests as they wait for the park to open thus setting the mood if you will for the day.

For the first time in several years I found ride crews who were actually having fun and not just pressing buttons and checking seat belts. Also for the first time in quite a while I saw crew recognition awards which is huge in the world of minimum wage.

I'll post more of my new found impression of the park, maybe some other information, along with a few photos in a few days.

Oh yeah, we never really did find out what all was in that darn envelope and for some odd reason Jessica wouldn't let it out of her sight. What I do know that it contained was the parks 40th Anniversary Logo that was still warm off the press that represents the parks history very well.

As for the park map I posted above, yes it's an old park map. Brandon helped to provide us with a red herring for what's coming to the park next year. Sorry guys, you'll have to wait a few more weeks!

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I don't see anything super major for next year, who wants to try to compete with the boomerang they are putting in at St Louis. Ohh wait I mean Outlaw Run at SDC. I really like wind seeker, it seems like we went on the wind seeker tour this year. I think the only 2 we haven't done are KI and CP. It would be kool of they got one at 350 ft though. I haven't seen anyone talking about permits for 300ft being talked about so I assume since this planning and Zoning piece isn't being done they won't be getting one.

As far as Dino's they can keep it. Branson couldn't even support this kind of exhibit. I just don't see it being as popular long term as they keep insinuating it will be.

I will keep my fingers crossed for WS and hope they can fInd staffing that can load and unload it in less than ten minutes. After all that's the only thing that kind of makes them suck. Too much time to load for such a short ride.

Honestly I don't see anything super major for next year, who wants to try to compete with the boomerang they are putting in at St Louis. Ohh wait I mean Outlaw Run at SDC. I really like wind seeker, it seems like we went on the wind seeker tour this year. I think the only 2 we haven't done are KI and CP. It would be kool of they got one at 350 ft though. I haven't seen anyone talking about permits for 300ft being talked about so I assume since this planning and Zoning piece isn't being done they won't be getting one.

As far as Dino's they can keep it. Branson couldn't even support this kind of exhibit. I just don't see it being as popular long term as they keep insinuating it will be.

I will keep my fingers crossed for WS and hope they can fInd staffing that can load and unload it in less than ten minutes. After all that's the only thing that kind of makes them suck. Too much time to load for such a short ride.

Hope they get a Windseeker, Their flat ride collection is kinda outdated. Their last flat was in 02, right?

A Windseeker and an Oceans Of Fun Expansion should work.